Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Rear Seat Delete/Hump Delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Seat Delete/Hump Delete

I've been searching for the past couple of hours trying to find something and haven't had any luck. So here my plan...Cutting out rear seat humps (muffler clearance), removing the factory seat tabs, and hopefully having the stock carpet fit back in place.

Or my second option to keep the stock look is to modify the rear seats to be flat on the bottom but not really serve any purpose.

Also what are you guys doing with the rear plastics when removing the rear seat and seat belts to cover up the holes? I want it to look as natural as possible, but I know the rear seat is useless and I'm planning on adding a wolfe 6 point cage next summer so no one can ride back there after that.

But anyone have pics of their mods? And I don't really need to see any storage areas, I'm not really looking to go that route

Thanks in advance
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

6LE (sponsor on here) makes a few rear seat delete kits.
http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...r+seat&x=0&y=0
Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

I've been thinking of doing something similar except I want to change the rear seats to a bench style one piece seat. I was thinking of raising the rear seat pans and lowering the ds tunnel a little. Don't really know how much movement is really possible though.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irisheer
I've been thinking of doing something similar except I want to change the rear seats to a bench style one piece seat. I was thinking of raising the rear seat pans and lowering the ds tunnel a little. Don't really know how much movement is really possible though.
I don't think you will be able to lower the trans tunnel at all. My TA hits on mine as it is right now. But I'm planning on raising the seat pans to make room for my mufflers so I'm not dragging them off on the road.

I just don't know if I want the rear seats gone all together and I don't like all of the holes left in the plastics either.

But I have seen some homemade RSD that looked pretty good, but another option is to make a custom fiberglass enclosure, but I don't need a ton of bass, I think a single 10 in a stealth box would suit me just fine.

But if anyone has pics, please post them up so I can try to get some ideas rolling
Old 01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think there was a thread in the Drag Racing section where a guy removed the humps under the rear seats
Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
I think there was a thread in the Drag Racing section where a guy removed the humps under the rear seats
You have a link? I don't hit up the DR section much, but I'll browse around a bit and see what I can find
Old 01-25-2011, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember seeiing it but don't know what the thread was named
Old 01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
I remember seeiing it but don't know what the thread was named
I found one that had the seat pans gone and custom carpet, it looked really good

Hopefully I can make something work with the factory carpet and still have it look good, I guess I'll find out
Old 01-30-2011, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Anyone else?? I'm trying to get more ideas

Quick Reply: Rear Seat Delete/Hump Delete