Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What is it you dont like about your 4th Gen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like the inset "Camaro" lettering between the taillights and the front bumper and all the emblems which I've long since removed.
If you can't figure out what kind of car it is, you don't need to know. Less is more.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
2. After washing your car, when opening the hatch, water spills into the interior - and even when you think the car is dry, water still keeps sneaking out onto the rear bumper.

^ THİS ! drives me mad to find dirty water running down my rear bumper about an hour after I've washed/dried/polished and done whatever to my car .. wtf ?
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes this get on my nerves,I even take a air hose and hit all the cracks and hatch area,and everywhere else after I wash it,lol
Old 04-03-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cemlsx
^ THİS ! drives me mad to find dirty water running down my rear bumper about an hour after I've washed/dried/polished and done whatever to my car .. wtf ?

I feel your pain brotha!.....i have ocd for that **** too!!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
I agree with what everyone else said, a lot of my pet peeves have been stated, I'll try to find some new ones!

1. You always have to press the hatch release button a few times before it opens

5. Squeaky center console lid
Fix for #1
http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ease_fix_2.htm

Fix for #5

I agree with most things being said in here though, the stock exhaust is pretty bad, especially the crushed y-pipe. And with the Firebirds, the door cracks are obnoxious.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve Gunn
I don't like the inset "Camaro" lettering between the taillights and the front bumper and all the emblems which I've long since removed.
If you can't figure out what kind of car it is, you don't need to know. Less is more.
But if less is more then just think how much more more would be
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Teching In

If it was my DD then everything mentioned above but I didn't buy a caddy so I expect it from a poormans vette. My biggest complaint other then the 10bolt would have to be the weight! I mean really all the cheap crap they threw in this thing gm couldn't make it lighter? Ftl
Old 04-03-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As far as I see it, fbodies are more like kit cars only sold at dealerships.

It is a drivable car with a sweet performance platform but otherwise everything needs work and you upgrade to your preference/ budget.

Although comparing it today's cars EVERYTHING has to be upgraded in the comfort/handling/interior/Audio dept.

The good news is that comfort/handling/interior/Audio can be fixed.

I never owned a corvette nor do I know anyone that does, so I don't know if they have issues with headlight, window motors also from the same years.

They have the same wiring harness, it be interesting to know if c5s have same issues?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cemlsx
the fact that my car feels like its falling apart when i go through a pothole (improved since I've got koni's over the deCRAPPONS) ,
In percentage rating, how much did your car improve from feeling like its gonna break apart as soon as you hit a pothole?

I'm ready to get some new shocks, struts and springs for my vert soon and curios to see what type of results I can expect.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

The engine is weak.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

i dont like how easy it is to slam the doors and how everybody who ever rides in it slams them.

and how the front and center of the hood sticks out too far over the bumper looks stupid to me
Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crack in the dash
Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

i hate how my WS6 has gone through so many damn head light motors... (just replaced another one yesterday)
Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Teching In

1. Cheap Interior + Rattles
2. Bad Lighting
3. Piston Slap?
4. Absolutely no rear seating room
5. Speakers
6. N33ds maor power
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, for all its imperfections, the thing I don't like most about mine is that it is gone, forever.

I need another one!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

1. 10 bolt---every time i get on it hard i think about it Doesn't stop me really but it still crosses my mind which is annoying.

2. Piston slap, im not even 100% sure if it is piston slap but it sounds like it, just doesn't really go away but it gets quieter when its warmed up.

Other than those two things nothing else really bothers me. I have only owned the car for 7 months and have only driven it 3 1/2 months due to winter but i don't really care much about interior im not picky. These cars just look amazing exterior wise. I still stop and stare at it as it catches me off guard sometimes. People have no idea what it is either. Anyone can spot a mustang but a lot of people are still amazed of the year and what it is when i tell them.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

This thread and all the negatives about my rattling plastic dumb just makes me love it that much more.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
In percentage rating, how much did your car improve from feeling like its gonna break apart as soon as you hit a pothole?

I'm ready to get some new shocks, struts and springs for my vert soon and curios to see what type of results I can expect.
I have Koni rears, and Bilstein fronts that I've yet to install.

As far as the rear, yeah, it still feels like it's going to break going over potholes. I have them set at full soft, and while I don't get that bounce upward after hitting the pothole, it still crashes down into them and is pretty jarring.

Same thing when hitting a frost heave that extends the width of the lane, it feels like the rear skips sideways a bit.

And I actually really like the look of the interior, although better build quality would have been nice.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see all these complaints about our cars, and most of them hold true. However, these cars are more than just automobiles. For a lot of us they have become a piece of us. Taking up as much time as our friends and family. We go through hardships and wonderful happiness in our f-bodies.

I personally have formed a pseudo-relationship with my T/A. Sure it has things I don't like about it, but so does your best friend, your brother, your girlfriend, etc. However at the end of the day when you look back and you've had a fun outing with one of these people you realize you don't see how you could ever live without them.

If your car was perfect all the time, how useless would this site be? Why would we need to gather? We wouldn't have anything to talk about.

"Hey man, my car was great all year, no problems at all"
"Mine too"
"Cool"
And then you part ways after spending 20 bucks at BWW.

Sure these cars have things that aren't perfect, but if they weren't there we wouldn't have anything to talk about or do during the winter. We'd go from car guys to guys that have cars.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Teching In

What bothers me is why are the koni DA shocks so f**king expensive for our cars. And why dosen't Koni make something affordable?

Quick Reply: What is it you dont like about your 4th Gen?