Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How are you all mounting your 6LE CME?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default How are you all mounting your 6LE CME?

IS anyone using the 3m double sided tape only? My friend said he tried to put his on and it looked like **** so he got frustrated and pulled it off and then sold it. What are you guys using to hold it on so it looks good and stays put? Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bodyshop guy installed mine with HD double stick tape, and used 2 rivots about 6" from the license area which they filled in before painting. Also they filled the backside gap with adhesive. Hasnt moved or seperated at all.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your buddy needs to see a doctor lol,my friend used the double tape,and a few screws worked out fine,has had it on for awhile now and no issues what so ever
Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Your buddy needs to see a doctor lol,my friend used the double tape,and a few screws worked out fine,has had it on for awhile now and no issues what so ever
thats what i figured. lots of people on here using them that like them, so he must have just gotten frustrated fast.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had spare cash, I would be all over the 6LE rear splitter, 3M tape is tough stuff if its installed on a clean surface and in the right temperature/humidity. I may throw a few screws/zip ties through the unseen part to really hold it on.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have it molded onto the bumper
Old 04-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed my DE valance and my CME valance with just the 3M tape we provide and the two stock mounting tabs (behind each rear wheel, the stock bumper is held in place by a plastic body tab, you re-use these).

They both held for the year or so they were each on there. I'm running the full rear bumper now of course...
Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I installed my DE valance and my CME valance with just the 3M tape we provide and the two stock mounting tabs (behind each rear wheel, the stock bumper is held in place by a plastic body tab, you re-use these).

They both held for the year or so they were each on there. I'm running the full rear bumper now of course...
Do you know any good shops that will blend in the valance? I bought the red painted CME valance from you a few months ago and was going to use the 3M tape to install it but after seeing the pic of the red SS with the blended valance on your website I changed my mind.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^E-mail me...
Old 04-12-2011, 03:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SApache40
Do you know any good shops that will blend in the valance? I bought the red painted CME valance from you a few months ago and was going to use the 3M tape to install it but after seeing the pic of the red SS with the blended valance on your website I changed my mind.
Probably be cheaper to buy 6LE's bumper and round on the corners. From what I've seen blending will cost a pretty penny.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you wanna sell your valance shoot me a pm,imo a cme is the best appearance mod you can make to a camaro,tips are just flat out ugly,when I took my catback off I loved the no tip look compared to with the tips,I also like the dual exhaust valance that 6le has

Quick Reply: How are you all mounting your 6LE CME?