Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anyone in here do website programming Flash/HTML5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Does anyone in here do website programming Flash/HTML5?

Please understand I'm posting this in the appearance section for a reason... If mods think it needs to go then I understand.

Here's the situation, we're looking for someone to design a gauge overlay website for us similar to this...

http://files.thehoffmangroup.com/aurora/aurora.html

We want the customer to click year/make and their style overlay pops up, then choose color and it changes, font and it changes, etc...

We're willing to pay but I figured I'd post in the appearance section first to see if there's anyone willing to work for parts (and all of our parts are primarily appearance parts)

I've been looking for a year with no luck. I don't want to go to a corporation because I like to work with people with the same passions and this would be an ongoing relationship (we'd keep paying for new product line updates, etc...) AND we want to make sure ownership of source is ours.

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

dammm i should have stayed awake in web design class
Old 06-17-2011, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend that does web page design. I can talk to him and maybe shoot you his info if hes interested. He owes me anyways so maybe we can work something out?
Old 06-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grunt1152
I have a friend that does web page design. I can talk to him and maybe shoot you his info if hes interested. He owes me anyways so maybe we can work something out?
Let me know...
Old 06-18-2011, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark I'll ask my web design friend and see if he can, or knows someone that can help you. I'll shoot you an email if I can find you someone.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately I only do HTML4, XHTML, and CSS. HTML5 isn't well integrated yet (which is why I haven't bothered to learn it yet), only a few people have browsers that can view it properly and browsers display things funny sometimes. I'd get it done in flash if I were you. And you're going to want somebody who does a LOT of flash, not just somebody who dabbles in it, or it's going to take them forever to figure out how to do it.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Using flash is also terrible for SEO. I'd recommend a classic dynamic page.

Last edited by luckyou03; 06-18-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

He's just looking for an application to go onto the page, so SEO shouldn't be a big deal, and flash is probably the way to go.

An entire site made in flash IS a bad idea though, can't deny that!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Unfortunately I only do HTML4, XHTML, and CSS. HTML5 isn't well integrated yet (which is why I haven't bothered to learn it yet), only a few people have browsers that can view it properly and browsers display things funny sometimes. I'd get it done in flash if I were you. And you're going to want somebody who does a LOT of flash, not just somebody who dabbles in it, or it's going to take them forever to figure out how to do it.
Well, HTML5 can be used today pretty easily. You just add a html5shiv javascript file under a IE conditional.

http://code.google.com/p/html5shiv/

Most people on Webkit Browsers (Chrome, Safari), and Mozilla browsers are updated to be able to work with most HTML5 info.

The issue is, this could take quite a bit of time in HTML5 or flash.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Even with a conditional, the functions you want everybody to be able to use still wouldn't work with people using older browsers though, right? And that would defeat the purpose, you want everybody to be able to use it, and you want to use the least amount of code and time as possible to get it done so it doesn't cost 3 arms and 4 legs.

A lot of what he's wanting could be done in javascript using Swap Image, but that would possibly be time consuming and wouldn't accomplish much other than letting people design it in front of their own eyes. It'd probably take php to be able to "build your own" online and submit the design to be made. That's a bit beyond what I know how to do (or even talk about) though.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark, for what it's worth that gauge generator was made with flash. If you look at the source you can see the site is built with html and the generator is a .swf file, which is flash.

I can do some flash but it's been years since I've messed with it. The only thing I don't think I know how to do would be allowing someone to upload a custom image and work with that.

Keep entertaining other offers while I pull up some stuff and see if I can even remotely conjure up something along what you are looking for. If I can get you close it will be cheaper to have someone add a small part opposed to the entire thing.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Banned

Thanks everyone and thanks Russ!

Quick Reply: Does anyone in here do website programming Flash/HTML5?