Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ask a Professional Detailer

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read through all 130 pages of this thread and would like to genuinely thank all (especially gofast) for the awesome information. Once my mind absorbs everything I will begin gathering supplies and hopefully complete my first correction. Gotta love black on black (ebony )! ....

Thank you all again, very informative thread! Well done!
Old 08-05-2016, 05:12 AM
SKT
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of great info in this thread - thanks for sharing!

Old 12-08-2017, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FFFjunkie
Just read through all 130 pages of this thread and would like to genuinely thank all (especially gofast) for the awesome information. Once my mind absorbs everything I will begin gathering supplies and hopefully complete my first correction. Gotta love black on black (ebony )! ....

Thank you all again, very informative thread! Well done!
Originally Posted by SKT

Lots of great info in this thread - thanks for sharing!

So I haven't been on the forums much in the last couple years. Business stuff and also I got married last year so I've been super busy, but I wanted to say thank you for the kind words, even if its like a year late haha.

also, lets bump this back up and get some more questions answered! I'll be making an effort to be on a little more so I can respond to people faster.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So I’ve been having an issue with paint, and I remember this thread from years ago, so I figured I’d give it a shot.

I have a truck that has excessive ceramic coat built built up on it, and I can’t for the life of me remove it. Is my only option wet sanding, and what steps should I take? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2019, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
So I’ve been having an issue with paint, and I remember this thread from years ago, so I figured I’d give it a shot.

I have a truck that has excessive ceramic coat built built up on it, and I can’t for the life of me remove it. Is my only option wet sanding, and what steps should I take? Thanks in advance!
A machine polisher and a compound will remove it
Old 03-30-2019, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan

What coating? Most can be removed with a compound or polish with a machine polisher.

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer