Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Sunoco Hood Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which struts are those? I'm using stockers still.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Captain Double Post

Bob I bought the hood struts that VFN recommends with their hoods.
yeah thats fine, ijust didnt like how they looked with thehood opened,raised it alot higher, i just didnt like it lol, 14k you shouldnt use both stock struts on a vfn hood, you can read ll about why, honest the one stock strut has worked out great for me, fury i hope you got to work on it today , post some pis whenever you do,
Old 03-11-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

there was a 10 page thread a while back discussing it. 6LE says its fine.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow .... an absolute beast ... I would love to see that run when you get it to the track as long as I am not in the lane next to you!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

lmao! u think that fits like garbage? it be happier than flys on **** i my vfn fit close to as good as yours does!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

After I elongated the hinge mounting holes my Sunoco fit fine in the back. It fit ok with the nose too but I had to raise the front of the fenders quite a bit to match the hood.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you get your car painted? Must have missed that...
Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No I wrecked my black SS and picked up this rolling chassis and swapped everything over and put all my new parts on too.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

my god your engine bay is pure sex
Old 04-02-2012, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djfury05
We'll throw one of these in here too just cause..

OK......... I give up ............. where are all your wires in there!

Fantastic job with under-the-hood clean-up!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

All of my wires are hidden and re-routed under the fender wells on both sides. There's still a lot that's visible such as the maf, iat, alternator, injectors etc but there is no way to really hide any of that.

Thanks for the compliments fellas.. it was a lot of work but well worth it
Old 04-02-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Write up on everything you did! I want mine to look badass like that!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Your car is $$$
Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

Here is the write up I already made on the driver side. Keep in mind I have no ABS so I didn't need to figure out how to make that work. The only way I can see it working is to extend the wires of the abs module connector or to keep the fuse boxes in the stock location with the wires under the fenderwell and hopefully it'd be long enough to reach the abs module.

Originally Posted by djfury05
It is pretty simple to do. You unplug all the connectors from your headlights, fog lights, horn, windshield washer reservoir, abs block, brake master cylinder, undo the strap from the fuse blocks etc and basically get the harness completely undone on the engine bay side.

After it is completely undone on the engine bay side, take a 7mm socket and unscrew the bolt on the firewall at the top of that black connector to the right of the brake master cylinder. Don't try pulling this connector away from the firewall as it has to be pushed into the engine bay from inside the cabin.

Open the driver door and remove the access panels with a 7mm socket and a tool to help remove the push pins. Use a flash light and find the connector on the firewall at the top left. There are two small plastic pins on each side to hold in and push the connector into the engine bay. Follow that same harness/connector that you just pushed into the engine bay from the firewall into the cabin and undo all the connectors it is connected too. Find the largest black/grey connector like the one you just pushed into the engine bay. It is attached to a metal bracket. You don't need to remove it from the bracket but look on the front of it in between the wires. You will see a bolt that needs undoing. Use a thin wall 7mm socket to undo the bolt and get the connector to separate into two pieces. There are plastic retainer clips that you have to remove from this as well to get it undone I think I can't remember. Now after separating this connector there are 2 connectors on the top of the steering column that will be a bitch to get to if you don't drop the column. There are a few connectors attached to the pedals, and some to the left side near the kick panel. I want to say there are 8-9 total including the large one you separated. Once all these connectors are undone, go ahead and maneuver the connectors through the hole in the firewall where that connector was that you held the plastic pins in and pushed through to the engine bay side.

I'm not sure how big of a hole saw bit he used but I'd say you need at least 2-2 1/4" for the largest connector to fit through. The rest is pretty self explanatory as far as routing the harness back into the engine bay and to the passenger side etc. I'm not sure if the ABS connector will be long enough to reach the module itself as I removed my ABS. Once I get my car back from paint I can do a step by step process of this but the harness will already have been removed. Hope this helps clarify a few things.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Teching In

I know this is for your hood fitment ,but can you please post more pictures of your car. Preferably in its current state, with those wheels and everything. Thanks! Very nice car.

Quick Reply: Sunoco Hood Fitment