Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Carbon Fiber Dash kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Dash kits

Does anyone have any Carbon fiber dash pieces? If so where did you get them and how did they fit. Pics of any would be nice. Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do a search, blu beast has one from RKsports
Old 03-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Steve1969SS (formerly Steve2000SS) had a setup too, but I dont remember from where. PM those two guys for more info. Also, do a search on here (like Ken said).

--VIP1
Old 03-23-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both kits were/are from RK sports.. Blue has the newer version but you can get an idea if you look at the pics on my website..

Bluebeast could better chime in on the current kit fit and price

Todd2001SS has a CF interior (not real but looks great) done by exotic wood dash company..

Search is your friend
Old 03-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

EWD...

Old 03-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

RKSport new version......got it on sale for $475, I think the web price is $600?.....you should call and see if you can still get the sale price, fit is great, the finish is great also, they pieces are made in Italy from molds and they are "attached" with a funky, fast drying German glue that come with the kit, you just glue them onto the stock pieces.....

the only problem that I had was the console was out of stock when I got the kit, so one was sent when a new batch came in from Italy, problem was, it had a different shade of epoxy and was more "golden" in color than the rest of the pieces........however, I'm getting a "custom" job done on a new console piece from another source that should take care of the mismatch problem......stay tuned.........
Old 03-23-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Chris I like the door handle, nice touch...I need to get that done.

I also like the Camaro on the sill.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Todd, you got yours done at a place that charges like $.45 per square inch right? I think I remember the other post were CF interior was the discussion.

BluBeast, the one you've got is from RK Sports?
Old 03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FenixSS
Todd, you got yours done at a place that charges like $.45 per square inch right? I think I remember the other post were CF interior was the discussion.

BluBeast, the one you've got is from RK Sports?
$.99
Old 03-24-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why on earth would someone pay .99 cents per square inch for fake carbon fiber? Todd, does EWD use faux cf? Please tell me you didn't spend $2000 on fake cf, 'cause I know it was at least that much, or pretty close to it! I got a quote from them for everything you did, minus the lower console and door sills, and it came out to about $1200!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

To my understanding, it is REAL CARBON FIBER. Not the imitation/fake ones like the RK Sport or the ones on eBay.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it is too, but Steve continues to say that it's fake for whatever reason. They even have red and blue carbon fiber.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SSG--Z28
Why on earth would someone pay .99 cents per square inch for fake carbon fiber? Todd, does EWD use faux cf? Please tell me you didn't spend $2000 on fake cf, 'cause I know it was at least that much, or pretty close to it! I got a quote from them for everything you did, minus the lower console and door sills, and it came out to about $1200!
There are many takes on the situation, always remember each his or her own. Try to follow me on this...

A real cf part, IMO, means the part itself would be constructed from cf. The best example that comes to mind is a cf rim on a race bike, it is not covered, but is constructed from cf...truely light and strong, like car parts that are real. So with that in mind, does it matter what the covering is? The part will never be a constructed piece made of cf and will be decorative, if you would. Coating it with real or fake cf is not going to make the part lighter or stronger for it's purpose. I hope I am making sense.

Now for pricing...It is your choice as a consumer to what you want.

When I sent out my parts for the custom look, I had no options except cf accents (which are nice) but I wanted more at the time. Now like most everything else there are more options available that look great. I am mainly into retaining (in most cases, lol) the OEM look but want those parts covered. Example, the orginal door sills (I like the pattern personally, my choice), lower seat areas (where the elect. seat controls are located), seat belt loops, center console (the entire console, inside the storage area and out), which may or may not have options for a pre fabricated product. Just to clearify, when I say prefabricated I do not mean anything is wrong with it either.

To give you a final answer, are the parts covered in real cf and does it matter for this purpose...show only, I am not shure, but it does not matter really to me. I would be concerned with fit, finish, and how good it looks, that is what it is there for.

Just so you and everyone else knows there is no argument here. I am not defending anything, just stating my purpose. Also I am not trying to push EWD and their products, Chris and others have really nice looking cf interiors.

This is the beauty of these boards, information and sharing ideas and products. You get the best of everything for your next purchase.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

BTW if it matters, I just called EWD, it is a synthetic material, not cf.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Blu Beast
Where did you get those white faced guages. I have been looking for something that says SS on it.

BTW that CF looks nice.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok then, Steve was right, and I'm glad I didn't spend that much on a faux product! Thanks Todd.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:25 PM

RobzwickidSS.........they are from HPA, don't know if they are still in business or not........and they are Silver, it matches the McEwen A4 Silver overlay too.......I can tell you though, if you want an SS decal for whatever gauge overlay you get, Teri can make you some..........

SSG........keep this in mind, even though it's a multi-layer process that EWD does to get the "look" of Carbon Fiber, the fit and finish is outstanding, Todds interior looks even better than mine IMO, if you, or anyone goes that rout, Todd can tell you you won't be disapointed.

Fenix, yes, it's the top end kit from RK, and it is "real" Carbon Fiber molded in Italy to fit our stock pieces, Steve got in on the kits they USED to do, where they would take stock pieces and lay real Carbon Fiber over them, there was also a core fee then, problem was, alot of customers didn't return the core stock pieces and it got too expensive for RK, so they went to the "molds" instead........
Old 03-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blu Beast
RKSport new version......got it on sale for $475, I think the web price is $600?.....you should call and see if you can still get the sale price, fit is great, the finish is great also, they pieces are made in Italy from molds and they are "attached" with a funky, fast drying German glue that come with the kit, you just glue them onto the stock pieces.....

the only problem that I had was the console was out of stock when I got the kit, so one was sent when a new batch came in from Italy, problem was, it had a different shade of epoxy and was more "golden" in color than the rest of the pieces........however, I'm getting a "custom" job done on a new console piece from another source that should take care of the mismatch problem......stay tuned.........
Blu Beast, I have that same black/camal interior...have a ? for you and everyone else reading this...I was thinking of going away with it...painting all the camal pieces black...doing light weight black carpet...and some custom black/red seats and door panels...even a new cuztom headliner...is this worth the trouble and $ or should I juss be happy with what I have or go with some cuztom black/camal seats??? my theme is black/candy red/and chrome...thats why I may want to get rid of the black/camal look...what is ur opinion specifically blu beast, but others, plz chime in...oh yeah, sorry...not trying to hijake the thread, but I need to know VERY soon, leatherseats.com is running a GP rite now...need to get in that if imma do this...

thx, Mikie
Old 03-24-2004, 06:34 PM

MiKiE, I like the idea of Black/Tan seats......I don't know which combo you would like better, Black on the outside with Tan inserts, or vica versa, but I think that would look "custom" and be easier on the wallet than doing a whole interior change.......personally I don't care for painted pieces, no flame against anyone who does it, or likes it, it's just not clean enough for me, I do think a little Billit Aluminum would tie in your chrome though.......as far a the Candy Red, I would leave it the "accent" color for your engine bay.......allthough you've picked the hardest color combo to take care of (Black outside/Tan inside), and mine the second, it sure is pretty when it's clean, and the "custom" touches are tasteful, and look like factory options....

all this of course is my opinion, she is all yours, so do with her what you will....
Old 03-24-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anybody seen anything for a Firebird?

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Dash kits