Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017 | 06:07 PM
Teching In

Just picked up one of the DashComputers from Ed. Should be here soon and it will be going in in the next couple weeks!! So excited!!
The hawk is also getting a corporate wheel. I've just gotta pull it back out of my dirty bird. lol. Won't get oil pressure so it's going in my dependable car. So I'll also be in for getting a steering wheel button adapter from you guys!
Keep up the AMAZING work!!

**Side note: thanks to this thread, I now have answers to questions I had about the wheel swap concerning converting to the corporate air bag.
Old 05-19-2017 | 06:49 PM
Teching In

What's that steering wheel out of, Nate?

Last edited by BigFellor; 05-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2017 | 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Two steering wheels = twice the steering!
Old 05-21-2017 | 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

How do i get one of those overlays and gauges with the warning lights moved inside the spedo, that is awesome
Old 05-21-2017 | 09:05 AM
Teching In

looks like a g5/g6 steering wheel.
Old 06-13-2017 | 10:11 PM
12 Second Club
20 Year Member

Talking Finally installed!

Thanks to Oliver, finally got this installed in my LT1. We discovered along the way different instructions needed for the LT1 vs LS1 so he updated his instructions. Thanks to LT4Vert for the custom opening screen! This looks awesome!!
Attached Thumbnails 99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen-ta.jpg   99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen-ta1.jpg   99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen-ta2.jpg   99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen-ta3.jpg  
Old 06-15-2017 | 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Very Nice
Old 06-15-2017 | 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone is interested I have one of the DashComputers for sale. I flooded my car before I ever put it in. I'm sure we could work out a deal..
Old 06-20-2017 | 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fieroluke
Yes, that will be available to everyone as well. It will also work with the cruise/set/RA/Cancel buttons (i.e. with cancel instead of info/enter). Obviously then it will be a completely separate unit.

I will have to gauge interest in that one when the time comes, because the circuit boards will be a major cost factor if I only make a few. I'm hoping to make 10, and to keep the price two digits.
Are these second modules available yet?

Thank you InfiniteReality for the dash computer!
Old 06-21-2017 | 02:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LetsRide
Are these second modules available yet?

Thank you InfiniteReality for the dash computer!
In short: not yet.

Long answer: the hardware is ready, but since the software on the CruiseAdapter is not user upgradeable I need to make sure everything works perfectly before selling them. The manual is ready as well, I "just" have to test the updated software or rather have it tested by Lt4vert, because he already has it installed and I don't even have a car to test it on! The only bug (hopefully) is the illumination flicker issue, which Lt4vert couldn't reproduce recently. I have never seen the issue personally, so I can't judge how bad it is. Anyway, I want it fixed.

I am currently busy though getting my test bench back in working order, because I fried my debug DashComputer and it's still not working. Going on vacation for two weeks didn't help the project either ;-) Too many projects, too little time...
Old 06-22-2017 | 03:43 AM
Launching!

Exclamation

In short: not yet.

Long answer: the hardware is ready, but since the software on the CruiseAdapter is not user upgradeable I need to make sure everything works perfectly before selling them. The manual is ready as well, I "just" have to test the updated software or rather have it tested by Lt4vert, because he already has it installed and I don't even have a car to test it on! The only bug (hopefully) is the illumination flicker issue, which Lt4vert couldn't reproduce recently. I have never seen the issue personally, so I can't judge how bad it is. Anyway, I want it fixed.

I am currently busy though getting my test bench back in working order, because I fried my debug DashComputer and it's still not working. Going on vacation for two weeks didn't help the project either ;-) Too many projects, too little time...
Since people are asking me and information is getting hard to find in this huge thread:

I have designed a completely separate and optional module that lets you use a C6 steering wheel (as described in another thread) with cruise, radio and trip computer buttons in the wheel with an F-body clock spring and cruise control. Basically you can eliminate the cruise control in the turn signal lever and use the steering wheel buttons instead. Below the cruise buttons there are two "menu" and "enter" buttons that my module also lets you use to operate DashComputer. So my solution interfaces:
  • F-body clock spring with C6 steering wheel
  • C6 Cruise buttons to F-body Cruise control
  • C6 Radio buttons to aftermarket radio steering interface (e.g. Pac Audio)
  • C6 Trip computer buttons to DashComputer
  • F-body illumination signal to C6 LED steering wheel illumination

all in two modules. The small steering wheel module piggybacks onto the C6 steering wheel's connector and plugs into the F-body clock spring connector. The larger module is mounted under the dash and interfaces to everything else...
Old 06-22-2017 | 03:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome, thank you. It is a massive thread. ha
Old 06-22-2017 | 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

I want that 2nd module set also, most likely.

Still have not gotten my dashcomputer installed because I haven't gotten a new overlay for my cluster, and I think 6LE stopped doing the overlays (again) - I might be screwed there now
Old 06-22-2017 | 07:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I want that 2nd module set also, most likely.

Still have not gotten my dashcomputer installed because I haven't gotten a new overlay for my cluster, and I think 6LE stopped doing the overlays (again) - I might be screwed there now
Yeah, there are a few people waiting for it. If all goes well am going to get a new car to play with on Saturday, and this one will get the C6 column modification, so I'll finally have a test mule. No C6 wheel though, I can't afford that, so it'll be a Saturn Aura wheel, which is only slightly bigger.

I have to install a few other things first that I'll take out the dash for though, and I'd like to do that as few times as possible, so that won't happen immediately either. Especially not with temperatures near the 100's as they're now. One of those things is putting cruise on the car in the first place, because it doesn't have cruise at it is... ;-)
Old 06-23-2017 | 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

I checked with 6LE and he said they're not doing the overlays anymore because the fabricator who was doing them ended up in jail. Holy crap.
Old 06-29-2017 | 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you to everyone for all the compliments and sorry for the late responses. I have been busy with work and other projects and have not had the time to be on the forums. I have responded to all PM's.

BigFellor- Yes I will build them as I have time. Please pm if interested.
Old 11-01-2017 | 12:23 PM
Launching!

Exclamation Last Orders

Hi everyone,

I am building/have built the last two OLED DashComputers, and I'm going to sell then first come, first served! After they're gone, they're gone, and I am not going to make more. I have no more key components to build more, and I would have to order those components in quantities that are not feasible for me to order. If you were thinking about getting one of them, this is your last chance...

So, if you're interested, PM me and I'll get back to you.
Old 11-12-2017 | 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, glad I picked one up then.
Old 11-12-2017 | 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Hi everyone,

I am building/have built the last two OLED DashComputers, and I'm going to sell then first come, first served! After they're gone, they're gone, and I am not going to make more. I have no more key components to build more, and I would have to order those components in quantities that are not feasible for me to order. If you were thinking about getting one of them, this is your last chance...

So, if you're interested, PM me and I'll get back to you.
Will the new module you are talking about work without the DashComputer? I know you'll lose some functionality but hopefully it can still work.
Old 11-13-2017 | 06:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Will the new module you are talking about work without the DashComputer? I know you'll lose some functionality but hopefully it can still work.
If mean the CruiseAdapter to interface the C6 steering wheel with the cruise module: yes, it supports the DashComputer but it's not required. Without it you can still interface to cruise and radio, as well as dim the steering wheel illumination.

Quick Reply: 99-02 odo, swapped OEM smd leds with white smd leds, +converting odo to OLED screen