Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Can't believe people still go down this road,,I learned quick myself*🤐
Old 05-29-2018, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The worst mistake I have made with the 2001 Trans Am I bought new was replacing the stock roof with the 6LE one. It is terrible, and their customer service was too. At some point I'll need to cut a roof from a junkyard car, cut off the 6LE roof, and install a stock one again.

All because of a few bubbles smaller than a dime.
The following users liked this post:
fucter (01-07-2021)
Old 05-29-2018, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_1LE
The worst mistake I have made with the 2001 Trans Am I bought new was replacing the stock roof with the 6LE one. It is terrible, and their customer service was too. At some point I'll need to cut a roof from a junkyard car, cut off the 6LE roof, and install a stock one again.

All because of a few bubbles smaller than a dime.
Damn, that's not what I wanted to hear. I have a carbon fiber sail panel waiting to go on.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tried to post about it here, and do a review on their site. My post here disappeared IIRC, and they never "approved" the review on their site.

The gaps are terrible, the edges not straight, etc. They blamed the body shop for not fixing it before installing it. Best of luck.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by 98_1LE
I tried to post about it here, and do a review on their site. My post here disappeared IIRC, and they never "approved" the review on their site.

The gaps are terrible, the edges not straight, etc. They blamed the body shop for not fixing it before installing it. Best of luck.
I could only find the following two posts about this roof piece under your username, and nothing which has been removed or deleted:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...l#post19772036

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...l#post19772766

In that same thread there are also some positive reviews, and I've seen a few that looked to be installed very nicely with good gapping (and some that weren't so nice, but I think those were from earlier batches which have since been improved).

FWIW, I had the roof replaced on my '02 car back in 2008 with an OE brand new GM panel, and the fitment ended up being less than perfect even with a factory piece. Gapping was a bit off in certain spots, likely due to installer error (it was a decent GM body shop, but not a high-end restoration/custom type place.)

Either way, we certainly welcome legitimate reviews on this product - especially since it's so expensive and 6LE seems to be the only source (other than used).
Old 05-30-2018, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I assume everyones seen this letter from Mark in their email,
"Personal Letter from 6LE Designs Owner, Mark DeLisle

Hello everyone, this is Mark DeLisle owner of 6LE Designs. I’m sorry for the mass email I just wanted to reach out to all of you as soon as possible and then reach out to you individually over the weekend. We finally have DEFINITIVE good news, things are in motion to fix all of our wait time issues once and for all. We’ve had growing issues with manufacturing and wait times since SEMA 2017 due to November forward sales quintupling and stressing ALL areas of the business. I reacted and hired a great group of guys but there was nothing we could do fast enough that production didn’t keep getting overloaded and breaking down, it just couldn’t be fixed in motion.

While this is going on, wait times are passed and I am trying to give answers to rightly worried customers. Finally I had to make the choice this past week and a half to solely focus on one issue, figuring out how to shut down, fix the machine and reboot it. As of today, everything is in place for us to move forward with having all products at a 5 business day shipping time. Meaning, if you buy on a Monday, you will have tracking by Friday at the latest (except for IROC-Z wheels, all have been or will be refunded until we have good product which we do not right now, you will all be the first notified when we do and offered to repurchase them if you so choose, before we release them, I will also be returning personal emails to all who have emailed by this Tuesday morning).

We have started refunding other customers as well and will be completing any outstanding refund requests this weekend. Some products we have already transitioned into this 5 business day lead time, others products have longer lead times and since we don’t have a definite date for them we do not want to hold your money any longer, hence the refund, but you will be contacted first (in the order you’re in now) when the parts are ready.

Focusing solely on fixing this issue was clearly at the expense of personal communication with you on my part, but I will be spending the weekend answering, finally having an actual definitive ANSWER to, all the emails I have. If you have ANY outstanding issue with me and you haven’t heard from me by Tuesday morning, then please email me, even if it’s a decade old email me at ..... David H., Chis A., Daniel R., Andy S. (OK), Shawn S., Melody B, David L., I could keep going, the point is none of you leave my mind. I want you to know I care, I do, I just had to pull back to fix some issues to be able to come back and give you resolutions you deserve.

Honestly, I’m looking forward to this new chapter more than anyone. As I type this, I remember starting this business with one splitter I made for my 1998 NBM Z28, 12 years ago, and the first Camaro (not the customer’s name sadly, but I can still see in my mind the blurry pics of his red Camaro that sadly ended up wrecked I believe) to install one on of LS1Tech… and from there how the landscape changed. Magazines die to forums. Forums die to Facebook as Ebay dies to Amazon. Facebook is getting bumped by Instagram. It’s a lot for a 38 year old redneck from Florida to keep up with some times lol.

Yet, we survived. We survived because for twelve years God brought more and more amazing people into my life. From my die hard 4th Gen guys and gals to these 6th Gen guys and gals who are still hanging in after 6 weeks becoming 6 months and I’ll NEVER forget about you 4th Gen and G8 pre-orders either, love across every platform and I thank you for it. 5th Gen guys and gals I promise we’ll be circling back as soon as we can to you as well.

Every time one of you tells me you’ll wait 12 months if you have to because you really loved what we designed, it just makes me want to be that good everywhere else.

Every time I let someone down who has spent their hard earned money and they feel abandoned (recently especially) by me, it doesn’t leave my mind until I figure out how to get you a resolution and to fix the problem.

I strive to make sure every design we make is a true enhancement to the specific vehicle’s specifics lines. When it’s not. We change it. Has that caused delays? Yes. We don’t drive generic cars, they don’t deserve generic designs. Our customers have never been generic to us and we’re now retooling to make sure our customer service shows it.

Thank you for having enough love for those designs to stick around, I’m happy to say we will soon be able to deliver the same level quality we apply to our designs, now to our customer service.

You all matter to us. From the first splitter in 2006, to the fact we were able to share our vision of an iconic Camaro, the IROC-Z, with the world at SEMA last year and have been so loved and supported by all of you… from day one until now… from my hometown to literally across the world… from the military man who flew a flag in battle in honor of 6LE Designs that still sits on my desk to the kid that tried to buy one of my splitters to copy it (yes I knew lol) that I now call a friend and do my best to support his (competing) business… all the customers that became friends… the friends that became lifelong supporters of the business and got me, and are still getting me through growing pains, the passionate talented people that I have shed liters of blood, sweat and tears with… and I don’t just mean on the Vegas Strip during SEMA.. And Especially to my wife who is always helping me wherever she can to do our best for you.

There’s plenty of people I’ll never win over but there’s always two sides to those situations. Where things can be fixed I will be offering whatever options I have to fix them as I always have. This business has become all of our lives in hard and stressful but amazing and meaningful ways. I promise it will begin to show in the coming days.

Finally, remember this weekend that we stand on the shoulders of giants. Men and women who wore their uniforms to the grave fulfilling their life long pledge to the defense of the country most of us take for granted. Remember their sacrifice. They lost their future in the defense of yours. Just take a moment to make that part of your outlook on life and those around you.

Thanks for allowing us to keep carrying our love of cars and design forward year after year. It’s the most stressful thing I’ve ever done, but also one of the most rewarding.

Sincerely,

Mark DeLisle- Owner

P.S. If you’ve got a 4th Gen check out our friend Devon Lewis over at 4th Gen Customs. Every new product he’s upping his game and even if you’ve already been to his site but it’s been awhile, you should really check out what he’s been doing… Copyright © 6LE Designs Inc, All rights reserved."
Old 05-30-2018, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for sharing the email.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Tried emailing after Tuesday morning without success and now the phone number is no longer working. I think I have been swindled.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Well this just plain sucks.... I was hoping to get a Sail Panel for my 2002 SS Camaro. These bubbles drive me absolutely crazy!!
Old 05-31-2018, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
Tried emailing after Tuesday morning without success and now the phone number is no longer working. I think I have been swindled.
Ok, that isn't good.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Seems like they don't have any issues emailing out propaganda....

"NEW Update from 6LE Designs Owner, Mark DeLisle

Fourteen years ago we started this company with an ABS Splitter for 1998-2002 Camaros. Fourteen years later, we’re still obsessed with that first splitter and how to make it even better! We’re proud to announce ALL of our ABS Front Splitters (regardless of style or vehicle application) now ship with our new LEVELING KIT. Instead of standard size spacers, we supply you with different size discs so you can get the exact you angle you want for your ride!

Here’s a few examples of cars using our new style kits (we’ve been shipping these upgraded for about a month now) and we also wanted to let you know our splitters now ALL ship within 5 business days of you placing your order AND they are currently on sale!!! Be sure to check them and all our other sale items out here…

We’ll also be releasing a new installation video soon and would love to receive any of your pics or videos to share with our community!

Have a great weekend!

Copyright © 6LE Designs Inc, All rights reserved."
Old 06-01-2018, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If a company hasn't shipped your parts in months but they're still taking orders - you better believe you're not getting your ****. And see the big 25% sale they have going on right now? He's filling up his bank account and then he's gonna claim bankruptcy. You'll see. They're all the same. And you should never trust anyone that tucks their shirt into their belt buckle.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Old 06-03-2018, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

He runs 30% off year round ads.

Is it really 30% off if the sale never ends? Lol

Yeah I've been waiting since December on a grille.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Those two chicks have slamming bodies
fucter (01-07-2021)
Old 06-04-2018, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

His 'company' is a mickey mouse operation and customer service is a joke.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

His company is as fake as those 2 bitches in the pic.
fucter (01-07-2021)
Old 06-04-2018, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

sucks. i actually won free magnaflow tips from him when he did some october giveaway
Old 06-05-2018, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

sucks to see this, I have ordered several parts from them, including my front bumper cover, without issues. I knew going in that the bumper cover was going to take some time so I didn't sweat it. I haven't ordered anything from them in a couple years so I don't know what it is like currently but just wanted to throw my past experience out there.

one thing I have to say is I have yet to hear of anyone not getting their parts or money back eventually........ eventually being the key word there. if they were up front about wait times and the build to order aspect of most of their products there wouldn't be as many people complaining. and it is obvious their customer service need a ton of work, but seems like they are at least trying to fix that.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

FYI...Ordered a Fiberglass roof Memorial Day weekend and just got a email tonight with tracking information. Stay tuned!

Quick Reply: Buyer beware 6le designs