Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Engine compartment bright green metallic car need color scheme ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine compartment bright green metallic car need color scheme ideas

I have a 98 bright green metallic car and I love the color but I don't know what I should go with to paint my lid and that black plastic piece underneith. I have everything chrome outside actually Z06 wheels and grill are chrome. Just don't know what colour to pick and a secondary colour. Don't feel like spraying it green I feel like offsetting it a bit but I am not too sure how silver and green would look like?
Attached Thumbnails Engine compartment bright green metallic car need color scheme ideas-000_0070edit3.jpg  
Old 10-19-2004, 02:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just polish everything that is metal, and don't get colored wire loom. That is my advice. Fuel rail covers are nice too. You could get them custom painted to match the color of your car, which is awesome by the way. I like that green. Do the wire hide mod, to move those ugly wires on the passenger side out of the way.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Very Nice car I wouldnt change it at all. If you must keep it black and green with chrome wheels
Old 10-19-2004, 08:23 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If it were me, I wouldn't paint the parts. I considered doing something similar to my car, but I ended up leaving everything black plastic. I have red accents such as the split-loom tubing (sorry JackZ28) and the red "Corvette" letting on my FRC's. If you do paint parts under your hood, I'd go with a metallic silver. Once you paint the air lid and the base, you'll want to paint more parts as just those two painted will look out of place.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Silver?

And please.. just say NO to colored wire loom.. it makes the baby Jesus cry..
Old 10-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
Silver?

And please.. just say NO to colored wire loom.. it makes the baby Jesus cry..
Silver is it bad ? I was thinking of painting the lid green with some silver design to it. Just want to pick a different color that I could use for the entire car as a secondary color. Silver would be nice and would fit pretty well with the calipers and all.

The idea I have for the lid is pretty neat and since I will post pics of it if I do it then I can reveal it hehe. I was thinking of a green lid with two switch blade design going in a V angle of about 2 inch wide. On top of this I would paint a red bowtie emblem which would be just big enough not too small or too big. And then shoot the whole thing with clear to give it a deptness and shine. Maybe just paint the lid first and see how it turns out and then do the whole base either green or metallic silver with the same switch blade design. I can paint those little things myself pretty easily but getting things polished is out of my budget

Steve1969LS1 what did you use to get that carbon fiber look on everything ? It looks easily molded and pretty neat
Old 10-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I say you should just use gloss black and maybe some accents of silver.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whoa, nice car
Old 10-20-2004, 03:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

The only wire loom that looks good is BLACK. Any other color and your starting to rice it out. And we all know....Too Much Rice Makes Me Sick
Old 10-20-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Fishv12

Steve1969LS1 what did you use to get that carbon fiber look on everything ? It looks easily molded and pretty neat
No Silver would be a good accent color.. avoid red, yellow, blue or other bright primary colors since they would clash..

The place that covered my parts is out of business but exotic wood dash can do the same thing. Tood2000SS has had them do many pieces on his car.

They charge by the sq inch.. also, its not real CF but it looks very good and most people think its real.. They can cover any plastic part.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
I say you should just use gloss black and maybe some accents of silver.
You have learned well young jedi

Wires should be removed, hidden or camoflaged.. in that order.. Go look at REAL show cars and see how many draw attention to wiring..

Quick Reply: Engine compartment bright green metallic car need color scheme ideas