man im sorry for you'r loss
Old 01-25-2005, 01:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHY!?!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Dude, sorry for your loss, but at least you're safe and they caught the guy. I agree with what some of the guys before me have said, see if the insurance company will pay you for the value of the car, and get an 05 GTO
Old 01-25-2005, 08:48 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really, really sucks. I join all the others in this thread who expressed a homicidal urge towards the thief.

I hope he is at least badly injured. You just said he survived, but I'd bet with being ejected and all... he's gotta (or he'd better be) feeling some pain.

Our cars are simple to get into, even if you didn't have the windows down. A few months ago I locked my keys in the car. I borrowed a slim jim off a friend. I had never used one before in my life and I was in my car in under 5 minutes.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

OMG! I thought it was bad just to have our SS get damaged and be without it for a month, but your story is just horrible.

I am a LEO, and even I think the F'ker would have ended up dead, if it had been our car and I had arrived at the termination point of that pursuit!

Just like everyone else I am curious how he got the car started?
Old 01-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

I honestly dont know how he started the car. I guess the only way to find out is to ask him and he is in court today for the 1st time. At this time I dont really care how he started it myself, I just want to see this guy become someone's bitch for along time...now that would be justice. I will be going to his sentencing when the time comes and my rage would keep me from asking the simple questions like "how did you get my car started?"
I will certainly try to find out for you all though.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

yea, im curious as to how he started it as well. on my old 96 i had a automatic starter and all you had to do was pull the fuse under the dash and put it back in. but it would die as soon as you touched the brakes....so i dunno. isnt this what vats is supposed to stop?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear man. Good luck on getting another Fbody.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

I just poked around a little and Unfortunetaly anybody with internet access can get past the GM VATS. Caddy Escalade is one of the most stolen car out there, and it's got the same old GM system. Local car audio/security guy can by pass it in 2 mins. And none of those theives are electrical engineers...
Old 01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow Sorry for your loss

your next vehicle, you might want to try installing this http://www.ravelco.com/

I am saving up for this system
it is like a starter kill switch, but on steroids

an answer on how the thief started sQuashed's car might be this

GM's PASSlock II, FORD's SecuriLock, CHRYSLER’s SentryKey and TOYOTA’s Engine Immobilizer - These transponder based anti theft systems consist of a computer chip imbedded in the ignition key itself which emits a signal to the vehicle’s computer system in the steering column to identify the "real" ignition key and allow the vehicle to start. These systems are factory installed, on almost all the new GM, FORD, CHRYSLER and TOYOTA vehicles, at no charge. These systems keep honest people honest and are very easy to bypass. All a thief has to do is cut the black wire in the three wire ribbon cable located under the dash and measure the resistance between the black wire and the yellow starter wire with a volt meter. They then touch the two wires with the matching resistor and the vehicle will start. This sounds complicated, but only takes about 20 seconds to defeat . . . which is probably why the factory installs these systems free. These systems are not very effective and they are bypassed all the time. Recently, a national automotive magazine published information on how to bypass these systems.
source http://www.ravelco.com/FAQ.htm

kinda scary

Last edited by Rhode Island Red; 01-25-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Launching!

WOW... I wish you all the best and him all the f'n worst. May his nostrils be infested with the fleas of 1,000 camels.

I say strap his *** to a chair and yank his toenails out one by one.

Originally Posted by Rhode Island Red
wow Sorry for your loss
your next vehicle, you might want to try installing this http://www.ravelco.com/

I am saving up for this system
it is like a starter kill switch, but on steroids
Hmmm that does look formidable but the fact that you have to "save" to buy one of these might be scarey in itself. What does one of these systems cost?

Last edited by BigBadWolf; 01-25-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

it really hurt looking at those pics! that is my worst fear. i hope your insurance company will grant you what you need to get a new f-body. she was beautiful. i cant believe the dumbsh*t lived! i will speak honestly also and say that anyone who could do something like that, steal something that someone obiviosly cherishes, should be shot right between the eyes. i hope he never gets out of prison. good luck and best wishes on your next car.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

Unhappy

I feel for you bro... I don't want to pay the $330 a month full coverage insurance because my 'Hawk is now a garage queen and is only driven 2k per year. All the money I am adding to it making it BLINGED OUT- I would @#$$ing kill someone after they did this to me. I would track him after he got out of jail.I am seriously considering a kill switch.. pictures like this might save my own car this same fate. Thanks for posting pictures... that was a very fine car.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Karma will get him. It always does.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just called and asked for pricing..she said with tax is $238.10 but you have to take it down there. I was like "thats it? And that's the system,too?" she was like yup?

Sooo yea save up...a whopping $238.10 which could prevent your car from being demolished
Old 01-25-2005, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry for you loss man. Good luck with the insurance.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Launching!

(Marine Corp. band playing TAPS)

Wow that fukn sucks. Made me really mad just looking at it. Actually took me a min to scroll down cause I had a good idea what was down there. Very sorry for your loss, and I agree with someone above.....I would be in jail as well, I would have seriously killed the guy. No hesitation. And Im with you guys, that dude shoulda died in that car. It may sound bad, but its the truth. World would be a better place. Again, sorry for your loss and good luck with the proceedings.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by obseSSed
i just called and asked for pricing..she said with tax is $238.10 but you have to take it down there. I was like "thats it? And that's the system,too?" she was like yup?

Sooo yea save up...a whopping $238.10 which could prevent your car from being demolished
Wow, only $238??? According to their site there is an installer in NJ which is a 3 hour drive for me but peanuts compared to the horror of reliving this guy’s nightmare.

I will have to investigate this system a bit more.

Thanks obseSSed!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Ok, I did a little homework on this Ravelco "system" and as far as I can tell, it's legit. Below are a few links pertaining to some misc. info on it. Seems a lot of trucking companies recommend it, farmers use it (equipment left out all night long), and came across lots of police depts. recommending it as well. Hell, I even found two security companies pushing it.

sQuashed, I don't mean to hijack your thread but your experience has smacked a little reality into some of us, me at least, and preventing another tragedy like yours is the ultimate goal.
http://www.womanmotorist.com/index.p...d=safety/m=183

An Armored security company uses it.
http://www.vehicle-protection.com/ar...y_vehicle.html

More than one police dept. talks about it...
http://cityofnewhaven.com/police/htm...auto_theft.htm
Old 01-25-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Man I have a horrible sinking feeling in my stomach. That is one of my worst fears. I can only imagine what I would do if someone stole my truck. I truly hope you took other's advice and got an attorney. The insurance company is not your friend. Also you can take that stinking piece of dog **** to civil court for any damages not covered by insurance. At the very least they can put a lein on his future assets. I had it done to a little **** that broke into my truck.... after I tightened him up with a little education he was obviously sorely lacking. It took me about a year and a half but I got the money too.

Quick Reply: My SS...R.I.P Stolen and totaled (pics)