Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Firehawk Logos

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firehawk Logos

I am looking for some firehawk logos. If anyone has any, and could post them in this thread, I would appreciate it. I will be doing some posters, photochops, shirts, and hats. I already have the Firehawk lettering and SLP lettering, I now just need the logo. I may even use the option if I find something suitable enough to do a headrest design. Thanks in advance for those who submit them.

James
Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you licensed by SLP?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Are you licensed by SLP?
what does is matter. I am only making some posters, photochops and maybe a shirt or hat with MY car. I am not going to be selling this for a profit, it is for my own personal use....so what is the point in your post???
Old 05-02-2005, 06:05 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by 02transhawk
what does is matter. I am only making some posters, photochops and maybe a shirt or hat with MY car. I am not going to be selling this for a profit, it is for my own personal use....so what is the point in your post???
no need to get sausy. when i read your first quote i thought you were doing it with the intent to sell, you never specified what you were going to do. The reason y2k_ta was probably asking you is because you can get sued for using copywritten material, probably even if it isn't with intent to sell if GM/SLP really wants to.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

The point in his post is that SLP are real a**holes when it comes to their copyrighted items, as they probably should be. If they see it they will come after you. SLP and GM are VERY VERY picky when it comes to licensing and they protect their copyrights at all cost. He was asking a legit question to possibly keep you from getting into trouble even if it is for your "own personal use".
Old 05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta remember that there are deceiptful ppl out there ready to make a buck at anyone's expense........Firestone hold the "Firehawk" logo rights, and GM/Pontiac/SLP have the scripting rights if I am not mistaken, so many players involved in this process.

NOT just to protect the buyer/ but the seller as well! I hope I never see any litigation involved in this process, but it never hurts to throw caution into the wind.

Just my 2cents
Old 05-03-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmm...Could they really get upset about this??? That is rediculous...All I want to do is make a poster or few for my garage and trophy room, maybe a hat or shirt for events I attend. And some personalized things for the car, maybe some vinyl graphics (doubt it) and head rest design. Sorry y2k...didn't realize your point, and re-reading my orig post...I wasn't exactly clear about my intentions of what I am doing.

Good looking out folks!!!

Anymore input would be appreciated about what I can or can't do. I think I will contact Dave or Ed Hamburger and get their input.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anymore thoughts on this....I still want the logo's, at least for the photochop!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I have no problem, but I have no stake or claim, but if you are that concerned contact SLP Performance Parts in NJ. If you have no intentions of producing items for "resale" to the general public, I don't see the harm!

Truthfully, if you planned on a major advertising blitz, and plan on zillions of units for sale, then I could see a definite problem, but as it is........like making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:38 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Here's the webpage of an ex-owner, that has a really nice big image of the Firehawk lettering: http://www.wolfeden.org/firehawk/
It can also be seen in several of the Firehawk magazine articles and brochures available at http://www.transamgta.com/Firehawk/HawkLit.html

The official Firehawk Owners Association site has the hawk logo: http://www.firehawkowners.com/
Old 05-09-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

With all the aftermarket items available, apparently the circulation of said items have caught the attention of those holding copyright/trademarks.
I just thought I would post this quote to prevent any further discussions regarding these practices.

Here is a quote and don't try locating, as it has been deleted from the originating forum:

Buyers/sellers BEWARE:

Originally Posted by Dave Hamburger
Folks, I hope you realize that you are comitting several trademark infringements. I was made aware of this posting by sources that are looking into the matter further and I would hope that you would delete all of the images of said copyright/trademark infringements.

There is certain to be some legal trouble if this post continues.

-David

Last edited by Firehawk526; 05-09-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firehawk526
With all the aftermarket items available, apparently the circulation of said items have caught the attention of those holding copyright/trademarks.
I just thought I would post this quote to prevent any further discussions regarding these practices.

Here is a quote and don't try locating, as it has been deleted from the originating forum:

Buyers/sellers BEWARE:
I seriously hope that there was some serious need for that. It beter not be a post like this one. If so, that dude is an uptight *******
Old 05-09-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

NO, but if someone stands to profit off someone else's trademark/copyrights, then I would have to agree w/this statement. I cannot believe that a law firm would benefit from going after a small outfit, since there isn't any real financial gain, BUT they may also want to send a message that DUPLICATION of trademarks for PROFIT is not condoned.

Example: Music industry and the internet (NAPSTER)......see my point!
I believe the point was, that IF it continues, then they will investigate the violators, NOT NECESSARILY prosecute.

Who knows, but better to be cautious then carefree IMO.

For the record, you don't know if it is SLP (formerly), GM, Pontiac, or Firestone who all have rights/claims to this Firehawk logo, so don't go blasting Dave Hamburger. The internet is a HUGE bucket of info, and anyone can research and locate the needed information.

All I am saying is I wouldn't recommend DISCUSSING OR ILLUSTRATING PICTURES on a public forum. BTW, I intend on removing any pics/sigs from all of my websites, as recommended. BUT, I am keeping my items on the car!! I do not in anyway represent any of these (4) organizations, but as an LS1tech member, I feel I should present this information to our constituency. Otherwise, who would ever know?

Last edited by Firehawk526; 05-09-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Teching In

I've been told that if you have a Firehawk and you want to use the logo for your own personal banners/posters etc you can, but cannot sell them for a profit.

However, every time I've done something I've asked and received permission for it.

Just my .02.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am relieved to hear that(lol), but wonder how many DO IT w/o asking?

I attempted to ask DH, but he is not allowed to discuss the matter, and the original post has since been deleted......in fact, a matter of minutes after I posted his quote. It is definitely a maneuver to discourage these practices. I do know the decals offered by a member in FAOA have been cleared by the (4) bodies mentioned, On top of that, these decals are only offered to existing Firehawk owners whose vehicles VIN's are documented in the database.

Sounds harsh, but in 20 years, I wonder how many fake Firehawks will try to be sold on the market. I hate fraud, and 99% of the ppl are probably honest, but that 1% condemns us all IMO.

Hey, but those emblems ARE NOT coming off my car.....regardless!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ya know it's really too bad it had to end up that way, ...
It was something that was done for the SLP-affiliated car-owner, & not for profit anyway, ...

Old 05-10-2005, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I wonder if this applies to if you pay someone to make something with their logo. Wonder if that's legal? Like an example that I can think of off the top of my head is FRCs. I made my own, but if a firehawk owner paid someone to do it and it be a "one off", if that's legal for the place to do it? If not, maybe if the hawk owner provided any lettering/logos?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Restricted User

Look, anyone can go into a store and have a shirt made with someone's copyright image. If you are doing it for your purpose, then there is no problem. GM, SLP are not going to go into a legal battle for a 50 dollar issue. If someone is making big proffit then i would see them saying something. My 2 pennies.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackHawk131
Look, anyone can go into a store and have a shirt made with someone's copyright image. If you are doing it for your purpose, then there is no problem. GM, SLP are not going to go into a legal battle for a 50 dollar issue. If someone is making big proffit then i would see them saying something. My 2 pennies.

I agree! What is the expression? "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"
Not likely someone is gonna makes millions off sales, and that is all I am saying. I respect SLP and what they have done for the Firehawk program, but I am also a little dissappointed in the defensive posture. I wouldn't be surprised if this post comes back to haunt me, but if I can find a way of IMPROVING the aestetics of this car, I will seek it out. As the buyer, how do I know/or not know if authorization has been granted. It is the seller, IMO ,that has the burden of proof.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I have been trying to find a good contact address for either of the Hamburgers, to address them or one of their reps about this issue. I want to make it clear...I have no intention of making any money...this is a project for me and me alone. I do not see any problem here. I am a fan of pontiac and the firehawk, and would like to make that clear when people walk into my garage, look on my website, or see me @ an event..that is all.

Quick Reply: Firehawk Logos