Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

leaving it stock

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaving it stock

Does anybody on here leave their car stock appearing? I plan on keeping mine pretty much stock except for minor bolt on stuff. Am i crazy?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that every F-Body has more potential appearance wise but if you want to keep it stock its your car and do what you want with it. I would say the majority of the people on these forums have done SOMETHING to their car appearance wise
Old 11-18-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing is wrong with you if like it stock.
Me I'll only change looks from doing things where looks are added befit *eg rims tires*

I think they look great stock they can look better but other things matter more to me.

To each his own =)
Old 11-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Banned

Stock exterior. Pop the hood though....
Old 11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

I like my wide rubber in the rear. I just think most stock F-Body wheels are lacking. And as far as hoods, my stock LT1 Z28 Hood has grown on me. Im only adding a blacked out lights all around, tint, a berger panel w/ retro badge & an SS spoiler.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

i like my car looking stock even though it doesn't sound like it. it makes it fun running around the streets. why change the lines they look good enough as they are.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The reason I changed the appearance is the same reason I changed everything under the hood, I want my car to be different than everyone else's...
Good luck finding another car just like mine.
But on another note, I bought my camaro because I love how they look. A stock camaro with just maybe some nice wheels is a beautiful car.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

only thing you should do is have some rear stock wheels widened. i am not doing anything major to my cars apperance either. i just changed wheels and did the matte black rear pannel. i still have the stock wheels, stock seats, stock tape player and stock rear filler pannel.

im thinking about putting it back to stock (snowflakes and all)

nothing wrong with leaving your car stock appearing. that way it looks diffrent from everyone elses..
Old 11-18-2005, 04:07 PM

Nothing appearance wise for me.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's all in personal preference. I changed my car's looks a lot. It's a different story when you live in Detroit than other places. You can't go ANYWHERE here without seeing a handful of fbodies on the street. Take a trip around here, and you're garaunteed to see more FBodies than miles you drive. Because of that, having a stock Camaro is nice but if you want to be noticed, you gotta do something different. Such is the case with my car. Also, I love going to car shows. A stock Camaro isn't going to get as much attention as one that's had stuff done to it. Even if there's tons of engine work done to it, it gets about 5 minutes of attention when the hood is popped open, but then people move on to stuff that has more to see. While most people on this site don't seem to like my car ( ), you'd be surprised how many people come up at car shows and tell me they've seen my car on Car Domain, one of the message boards, on the streets, etc. That makes it worth it to me, when my car is different enough that people recognize it all over. If you see a stock teal (no one posted here with a Teal fbody, hence why i'm using that as my example haha) Camaro with different rims and it's got 500hp and it's got a mean cam and the whole car is rumbling and all that, yeah it sounds sweet but no one's going to recognize your car. If you prefer the stock look, though, there's nothing wrong with it at all. Everyone has their own preference on what they want to do to their cars. If you take it to the dragstrip all the time, who cares about appearance, it's all about go-fast. Some people just don't like spending money on it and don't do anything to it except wash, polish, and wax. Regardless of whether or not they do tons of appearance mods, they still put a lot of work into their car too, and that's what counts. Whatever you do though, give respect to the people that do put in the hard work and time into their car, cause nothing is more frustrating when you spend tons of money, time, blood, and sweat making your car look different, and then people flame it to hell.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

im glad people dont recognize my car. ive raced the same people multiple times. and if you are doing something stupid if your car is completely visualy diffrent you cant be like "no officer that wasnt me" haha
Old 11-18-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by meissenation
It's all in personal preference. I changed my car's looks a lot. It's a different story when you live in Detroit than other places. You can't go ANYWHERE here without seeing a handful of fbodies on the street. Take a trip around here, and you're garaunteed to see more FBodies than miles you drive. Because of that, having a stock Camaro is nice but if you want to be noticed, you gotta do something different. Such is the case with my car. Also, I love going to car shows. A stock Camaro isn't going to get as much attention as one that's had stuff done to it. Even if there's tons of engine work done to it, it gets about 5 minutes of attention when the hood is popped open, but then people move on to stuff that has more to see. While most people on this site don't seem to like my car ( ), you'd be surprised how many people come up at car shows and tell me they've seen my car on Car Domain, one of the message boards, on the streets, etc. That makes it worth it to me, when my car is different enough that people recognize it all over. If you see a stock teal (no one posted here with a Teal fbody, hence why i'm using that as my example haha) Camaro with different rims and it's got 500hp and it's got a mean cam and the whole car is rumbling and all that, yeah it sounds sweet but no one's going to recognize your car. If you prefer the stock look, though, there's nothing wrong with it at all. Everyone has their own preference on what they want to do to their cars. If you take it to the dragstrip all the time, who cares about appearance, it's all about go-fast. Some people just don't like spending money on it and don't do anything to it except wash, polish, and wax. Regardless of whether or not they do tons of appearance mods, they still put a lot of work into their car too, and that's what counts. Whatever you do though, give respect to the people that do put in the hard work and time into their car, cause nothing is more frustrating when you spend tons of money, time, blood, and sweat making your car look different, and then people flame it to hell.

your right about newer cars getting noticed with lots of appearance mods, but on the other hand take a older gm muscle car numbers matching all original even with the biased ply polyglass tires and you will get noticed. as for me mine will look stock again once i put the stock wheels on for winter except for the prokit and clear corners and turn signals.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stangkiller
your right about newer cars getting noticed with lots of appearance mods, but on the other hand take a older gm muscle car numbers matching all original even with the biased ply polyglass tires and you will get noticed. as for me mine will look stock again once i put the stock wheels on for winter except for the prokit and clear corners and turn signals.
Well true, but there's not any older GM muscle car's here. Granted, mine's a v6 as everyone knows so I don't street race, and I don't drive like an idiot so I've never had a problem with cops. Also, having a radar detector sure is nice, especially when you find out there's a cop coming and he's still over half a mile away.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

i like to add uniqueness to my car but there is def nothing wrong with a completely stock F-Body..always looks good
Old 11-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Banned

If i had a WS6 i would maybe do one or two subtle mods but i would love to have an black 02 WS6 bone stock appearing with every bolt-on imaginable
Old 11-18-2005, 07:10 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

There are plenty of fast-looking and loud cars that don't measure up performance-wise. It's fun to have a basically stock-appearing car that can haul the mail
Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I found a Z28 hardtop, debadged, and I think it looks great, just smooth and black, all the way around. I would have loved t-tops, but I think the hardtop looks nicer from outside the vehicle. I'm pretty much going to keep the appearance like it is, but even if I bought a badged one I'd get them removed for the sleeper effect.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Default I'm keeping mine stock as well

I'm keeping mine stock as well.. with the exception of a Loudmouth... where I live you very rarely see a firebird let alone a Firehawk.. In 20 years it will be worth more if it is kept original.. IMHO
Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

Stock is BORING!!!! I HATE stock vehicles. I have to modify EVERY vehicle I have EVER owned in some way or another. Standing out has it's good and bad points but I still like being different and unique.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm 100% stock, and only getting a grille anytime soon.