Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

have anyone relocated the passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have anyone relocated the passenger seat

I need to move my passenger seat back about 3 inches have anyone else done this. My wife is 6'1 and I'm 6'5" and the driver is fine but the passenger is bad cramped in the ws6
Old 11-22-2005, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

My wife has the same problem , although she is not tht tall (5'9")

We need help guys
Old 11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a handle under the seat, you pull it towards the center console and the whole seat moves back. Just kidding, I'm sure you can adjust it but you'd have to fab up some custom brackets for the seats.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

You'll need some 1/4" thick aluminum flat bar, some heavy duty hardware like bolts and washers, and some time. You'll have to drill new holes through your floorpan (watch out for fuel and brake lines). Basically pull the seat out, bolt aluminum bar to where the seat mounts, and drill your own holes in the aluminum and the floorpan to relocate the seat back a few inches. I'd also HIGHLY suggest switching from the four point mount to a six point mount (front, middle, back on each rail) for a secure and safe fit.

I haven't done it personally, but have had friends who have. I was planning on it for car audio competition purposes way back in the day when I was into that stuff, but never got around to it.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

I've changed the passenger seat in my SS, as well, but for a different reason - my wife is 5' 1". I made the mod similar to josh99ta, but used 1" thick high strength aluminum bar to raise the seat, and relocated the seat about 3" to the rear to get further away from the passenger air bag. I bolted the bar to the original floor studs and used high strength stainless hardware to mount the seat track to the aluminum bar. I painted the aluminum to match the carpet. Safety is the major concern with this mod, but if you use the proper material & hardware, there should be no problems. I made the mod about 4 years ago.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wilddawg
I need to move my passenger seat back about 3 inches have anyone else done this. My wife is 6'1 and I'm 6'5" and the driver is fine but the passenger is bad cramped in the ws6
damn man, yeah when i sit in my passanger seat my big feet dont fit so well and its always akward, i want to cut out the cat hump lol
Old 11-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Launching!

My wife had the same problem. I ended up mounting the seat roof. Made the drive much smoother.....at least I never heard her complain.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Yesyerday I moved the seat back 3.5 inches and it cost me about 10 bucks and some time at the shop. I Made some extentions out of some 1/4 inch flat metal. I cut the metal four inches long and drill two hole in the metal 3.5 inches apart. then I welded some bolts in one end to mount the seat and mount the other end two the studs in the floor. there is 13.5 inches from stud to stud. the seat looks factory and still slides fine. I used the bolt cap on the four bolts in the front for a clean look. powdercoated brackets black. The seat dont even vibrate. She is now happy and I can let her drive cause I can now sit on the passenger side also.

Quick Reply: have anyone relocated the passenger seat