Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

black and white color scheme with side molding/wing/mirrors etc?

Old 01-26-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black and white color scheme with side molding/wing/mirrors etc?

Well I've been running a bunch of ideas through my head lately and I'm thinking about color scheming my artic white WS6. Right now I've got some rough ideas...something like black side molding, black spoiler, black CETA rear bumper, black side view mirrors and possibly black headlight covers.

Now that's everything I could think of, but I definately don't want to do all of them. I'm thinking the headlights/mirrors/spoiler combo might set off the rice alarm if you know what I mean. What do you guys think?

Also, anyone got any pics of an arctic white t/a with black side moldings?

Thanks

P.S. I also though the blackbird type stripes on the side of the hood nostrils in black would compliment the look.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're right black and white is a good color scheme but if its overdone, like anything else, will look tacky.

I think rear CETA bumper in black on white cars looks good. I think the mirrors would look good black ONLY as long the "A" pillars are painted black to match. Like the CETA cars.

You could go with some type of tasteful hood black stripes on the front and do maybe the top of the spoiler in black.

I dont think I would do the black headlights or the side molding though.

All just my opinion, you have a good idea and lots of things to choose from when you do it.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well my a pillars are black aready...but as far as the side moldings go, I thought I'd put them on just to accent the side view of the car (as well as the hood stripes). I'm stilll looking for pictures of an arctic white t/a with black side moldings. Maybe I should just order some and maybe I'll be the first to do it .

What color code is used for the CETA rear bumper?

edit: and anyone have a part number for the moldings?

Last edited by Powered By V8; 01-26-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may add the thin blackbird stripes to the sides of my scoops, but thats it. Its basically done as far as appearance goes

Old 01-26-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know its not exactly what you were looking for w/ the pics, but its the best I could do.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow excelent pictures Dan! Now I don't know if I want to go with the Trans Am overlays or the black side moldings!!! . I don't think I'd want to go with both the orverllays and the side molding because that would be too much accenting.

Your black rims really accent the lower half of the car though, it looks great. What color did you use for the CETA style paint?

Last edited by Powered By V8; 01-26-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the black sid moldings may be a bit much. blackbird stripes, ceta mods should be fine.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
I may add the thin blackbird stripes to the sides of my scoops, but thats it. Its basically done as far as appearance goes
I've said that so many times...
Old 01-26-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Powered By V8
Your black rims really accent the lower half of the car though, it looks great. What color did you use for the CETA style paint?

Thanks. The paint is a semi-gloss GM paint. Im not sure which one it is exactly, but when I worked at the body shop, me and a buddy looked in the GM paint code book and picked it out. It was a $12 mod and took 1.5-2 hours to accomplish

but if you dont have a friend in the business or dont work at one, they'll prolly charge you $60-$100 to do.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dduncan
I've said that so many times...

I would prolly already have them on my car if it werent for me being unsure if they will actually look right w/ my hood. I have a SCC hood and its slightly taller than a WS6 hood. Im not sure if the stripes are made for that hood as well. it may or may not be a difference.. I dunno. Hell, its only $45 or so, so I should just give it a try anyway. I'm also iffy about putting stripes on the car. iv gotten to where i dont really like it at all anymore. I like the clean look a lot more, even though these wouldnt be anything gawdy.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice