Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mother's Billet metal polish, ok for chrome or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mother's Billet metal polish, ok for chrome or not?

I went to Advanced Autoparts store the other day and I was looking for chrome polish for my Z06's. Well I didn't see anything that looked good, so I asked an employee if they had any polish and he handed me Mother's Billet metal polish. Then he said "even though it doesn't say chome on the label it still works pretty good." So I went home to try it out but I was reading the directions and it says "DO NOT use on chrome products." SO now I don't want to use it risking to damage my wheels, but is the guy really right? If this isn't a good product for chrome what should I buy?

Joel
Old 02-18-2006, 03:16 PM
FormerVendor

I was watching Myth Busters the other day, and they came to the conclusion that pop, such as Coca-Cola, polished chrome better than chrome polish! I thought that was interesting. Just make sure to wash off the chrome afterwards or it will be sticky.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

I would not use billet polish on chrome. Mothers makes specific chrome polish. I would never trust some idiot in a parts store to tell me what he "thinks" will work. The conversations I have heard in parts stores by the employees SCARES me. I used the Mothers chrome polish with a power ball and it did work quite well. I thought my wheels were already shiny. It brightened them up even more.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

get mothers chrome polish with a microfiber towel, wait till it dries to a haze, then wipe it off with another microfiber towel... Simple
Old 02-18-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

For some reason, my local Autozones and O'Reilley's have stopped stocking the Mother's chrome polish. I can still find it at Wal-mart though. I wouldn't use the billet polish on chrome. The clerk was just trying to sell the product

The Powerball works great btw, I have used it on the Borla and a few other odds and ends, very impressed.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I second the powerball, I have had two now and love them! They save you so much time also work great!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can also use wax for chrome wheels. Do not use the billet polish.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

I was at autozone today and on the back of the Mothers billet polish it said do NOT use it on chrome. Just get the chrome polish.

Quick Reply: Mother's Billet metal polish, ok for chrome or not?