Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Underhood Polishing Zoop Seal

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Underhood Polishing Zoop Seal

Any of you have any experience using zoop seal? It claims to seal any highly polished aluminum, pot metal, stainless steel to the point where they dont have to be re-polished for up to two years. They also claim that the finish doesn't look any different.

Can anyone testement to the look of the product after applied or the length of time it lasts?

This stuff is pretty expensive no matter where you get it, but if it is as advertised will be great for underhood/wheel polishing.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was a thing on powerblock over the weekend about it, sounds promising, but id like to see if anyone can testify it
Old 02-20-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

I've had a $129 kit sitting here for over a year and have yet to use it.
Maybe someday. I've not heard real promising results from those that have used it on wheels.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I noticed it in my eastwood catalog yesterday and did a couple of searches with out much luck. In my case, I've been mainly doing underhood engine stuff so far. But I may get some polished again one day if this stuff does what it claims, otherwise I'll just stick with chrome plate
Old 02-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Banned

You can't put Zoop under hood. It burns off. Plus, you have to know what you're doing with Zoop. It can be mixed wrong and it'll haze, you have to let it dry, burn it off, and then re-polish.

I've left alloys naked and it's been 8 months now without touching metal polish to it!!! It hasn't oxidized visibly. If you drive it through rain prepare to rub your fingers off, but if it is a sunny day driver don't worry about the coating, worry about the initial polish job. The lasting shine is only as good as the intial gloss.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

So if done right there is no haze?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Regular

I polished my a/c dryer 4 yrs ago and just used Mothers afterward, it still looks great today. Did my rocker covers last year and they are still great too. I think that as long as you put some kind of regular aluminum polish on after buffing, it will last quite a while.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have had much better luck with Metal Armor than I have with Zoops.

You can't screw Metal Armor up when you apply it, and the final polish and sealant works for both bling and paint. I used it on my painted c5's an never had to touch them through an entire Maryland winter. Just wash and wipe .. back to shiny.

Quick Reply: Underhood Polishing Zoop Seal