Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Would you like for your car to look like a 2002 Dick Harrell Camaro?
Hell yes!
80.30%
No, that would be ripping off the design of the Dick Harrell supercar.
19.70%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
You're a moron dude- I just got home about an hour ago. Here I go laughing at this and you blame me. If I want to bitchslap your monkey ***, I'll come right out and say so. Pssssst, why don't you ask Zeeman if Speedinta is me.
You take the internet way too serious.
The ip's are being tracked.

The rediculous dual posts and similarities of the two of you in all the posts I make when this is a new occurance has led to this. I'm just waiting on the results.

Dustin should just delete this shame. Sorry guys you had to see this pathetic display.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
The ip's are being tracked.

The rediculous dual posts and similarities of the two of you in all the posts I make when this is a new occurance has led to this. I'm just waiting on the results.

Dustin should just delete this shame. Sorry guys you had to see this pathetic display.

Nope, I ask that Dustin leave this up- You're making unfounded accusations, and the IP Trace will show just how wrong you are. And if you are ashamed of a pathetic display, you are gonna be crawling under the carpet after this one comes out.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont care whos who, stay the **** out of this thread if you are not contributing! No more of this bullshit.

That is all.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Oh no, hell no- I was accused of doing something I didn't, Dustin... and you have the ability to clear that up- I may poke fun, but I will gladly stand up and take the reprucussions of my actions, when due.

And I'd like to add, I voted FOR the body kit.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Oh no, hell no- I was accused of doing something I didn't, Dustin... and you have the ability to clear that up- I may poke fun, but I will gladly stand up and take the reprucussions of my actions, when due.

And I'd like to add, I voted FOR the body kit.
Stand up in a damn pm, stay out of my thread. And you voted against the idea therefore get the **** out.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

bans are coming
Old 04-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin
I know it wont be easy....well the rear panels wont be easy. The front lip will have to be an option since most dont like it, and the hood and spoiler would have to be an option too.
Man I love the lip on the bumper!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Man I love the lip on the bumper!
Damn, im starting to like it the more i look at it.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:27 PM
formerly mystic-t/a (changed 02/05/2013)

hahahahahahah, Man I love threads where people talk ****. LOL But back on topic, as someone mentioned on the first page (I think) it cannot be done with fiberglass. There is too much body flex to use something like fiberglass. As far as the actual idea, I love the way they look and do not think it is any form of rice. Rice is gaudy, not just making your car look "faster", how do you judge a car's performance to its looks? Its impossible. Looks are looks, performance is performance, they are seperate. Someone who just focuses on looks is not rice, unless its tasteless and gaudy, they just have a different preferance of what they want their car to be. I know I focused mostly on apperance on my car and I wouldn't call that rice at all. Eventually everyone who focuses on appearance will eventually want to do more performance, but peoples priorities are different. And some others think V8 Fbodies are fast enough, fast is different with each person you ask. Someone who drives a geo metro will say are cars are really fast, but someone who drives a C6 Z06 will say our cars aren't so fast...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Damn, im starting to like it the more i look at it.
the front lip looks great, maybe do it scaled down, youd be suprised what 1" or 1.5" would do to any part on that car ie fenders, lip, spoiler
Old 04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

Its gotta be the same guy. TWO people of that caliber of idiocracy couldnt possibly function in society long enough to obtain their driver's license! One of them would have either drown in the shower by now... children...
Old 04-19-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MavrikTA
Its gotta be the same guy. TWO people of that caliber of idiocracy couldnt possibly function in society long enough to obtain their driver's license! One of them would have either drown in the shower by now... children...
What you just did is thread hijacking, thats no better than what they were doing.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Banned

I think it would look unbalanced without the lip out front and spoiler out back. If you have bulgy fenders you gotta accentuate other parts of the car also IMO. But like I said just make it an option.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I voted for it. Mainly because I think it would be a cool option, and I honestly was hoping someone would do something like this so I could put it on my car. I want to clear one thing up though. I really don't see this as a rice kit. Its not changing the overall look of the car. Most of the rice kits I'm used to, you have to really look to tell what kind of car this actually is. Its not like that at all. I really don't see anyone without wheels and all the stuff to back this up spending the money for this. Most of us on here are geared more towards making are cars faster and putting money where it needs to be. We all seem to climb the same latter towards modifications.

Make it, you might not make exactly like the DH, but theres always room for improvement in anything. Good luck!!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

I dont understand how the fibreglass would flex and all. There are plenty of widebody kits for other cars. BMWs have had them and they look awsome when put on. Its not cheap to put on the car for them and it most likely wont be for Camaros.

PLEASE go for it. Make the fenders, but make sure the fitment is dead on, fiberglass is horrible when the fitment is terrible.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:37 PM

Oh and another thing... wouldn't you need different wheels with a different offset to match the flares? And did you figure out the fiberglass problem? Not trying to bring you down, just trying to save you time and money if it wont work.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Banned

Looks like somebody just got banned...

Dustin, are you seriously wanting to do this? I can find a rear clip for you...

There's a guy local here in Atlanta that I know (GMMG) who has a Dick Harrell car. I can take measurents and ask detailed questions about the construction of the car/panels. Just let me know. ~Joshua
Old 04-19-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Flawless
I dont understand how the fibreglass would flex and all.
That is my point, it doesn't flex much, but it does crack. And those fenders flex a good amount, that is how a lot of people have dents in their rear fenders, but if it was made of fiberglass then it would just crack.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Looks like somebody just got banned...

Dustin, are you seriously wanting to do this? I can find a rear clip for you...

There's a guy local here in Atlanta that I know (GMMG) who has a Dick Harrell car. I can take measurents and ask detailed questions about the construction of the car/panels. Just let me know. ~Joshua
Im very serious. If you could get detailed pics and send them to me I would be in debt to you, that would be awesome!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Banned

Im very serious. If you could get detailed pics and send them to me I would be in debt to you, that would be awesome!
Tell you what... I was going to do the !mire mod prototype on his D Harrell car if you can believe that!!!! So yeah, I can get some measurements of the quarters.

I did another guy's Z/28 because I didn't want to drive across the entire Atlanta city to do his D Harrell car. I was crunched for time.

Anyways, I'm doing the coil relocation prototype this weekend and have an F-body mountain cruise next weekend, but I will definately make an appointment with him the 1st weekend in May. I'll take 55 digital (max of the camera)photos/ take measurements and send them to you.

You do understand that if I do all this you are then committed to making a nice set of flares right? ~Joshua

Quick Reply: Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?