Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Would you like for your car to look like a 2002 Dick Harrell Camaro?
Hell yes!
80.30%
No, that would be ripping off the design of the Dick Harrell supercar.
19.70%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the support. You guys know me and I wish I could redo my 1st post so it wasn't mis-understood.

Sorry to hijack the thread further, but I just have one last thing to say. To the SpeeDink guy... The polished engine under the hood adds nothing hp wise. It's done out of sheer respect & dedication for the LSx engine. If you have to ask you'll never know. You're a douche nozzle and everyone that saw your scribble has you marked now. You might as well change your SpeeDink name to something else and TRY to start fresh.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Dustin: Great idea!!! It is a powerful look that really belongs on SOME cars. Bad A$$ Camaros to be exact. It might take close to $6-10k to get the molds right, but you WILL make the money back.

I just worry about the lower cost of high mile cars and low class idiot owners making cheesy mods & deteriorating the huge "cred" this motor has on the street. When I first thought "body kit" I cringed, but Dustin; your idea if done right with a price to reflect quality would be a great item to keep the value and desire for these cars high. ~Joshua
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump to this thread. Glad to see its back on topic. How far along are you on this Dustin? Is it just an idea or have you talked to any fab shops yet?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ah well my interest in having flares would die in a heartbeat if you had to stick them ON TOP of the current fenders. That's very cheap sounding. A replacement panel is a whole 'nother story though.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

This really makes me mad about a year ago when i had my 94 i found a little custom molding shop that specifically made this set up, If we search are brains out we might be able to find it(google). That look makes the car look bad *** plain and simple!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Ah well my interest in having flares would die in a heartbeat if you had to stick them ON TOP of the current fenders. That's very cheap sounding. A replacement panel is a whole 'nother story though.
That's how the Dick Harrell cars are made though...
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 AM
TECH Resident

I would so buy that kit! i am obsessed with the look of the Dick Harrell edition!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

imo u should use the DH car as inspiration.

flared/bulged fenders would be badass, and help people who want to run 11in wide wheels. as far as front end, id like something that looks stock, without adding a whole front gfx piece. somethin similar to the dh car would be badass

go for it, good luck
Old 04-19-2006, 05:13 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
And me. -Paul
Me too.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLACKNREDSS
LOL
Go put some more red wire loom in your engine bay and some more red to your intereior then ask 608 how hw likes your car
Old 04-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SPeeDinT/A
Go put some more red wire loom in your engine bay and some more red to your intereior then ask 608 how hw likes your car
The turd is back.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
Bump to this thread. Glad to see its back on topic. How far along are you on this Dustin? Is it just an idea or have you talked to any fab shops yet?
Right now I am just wanting to see if there is a high enough demand for it. Regardless of demand I think I will push ahead and start planning. Me and another person will be doing all of the work, dont need a body shop, my shop will do fine.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Banned

Go assemble your army of nutswingers and quit being a bitch. Stop whoring up this good thread with your meaninless posts and go look at your motor and :jerkit: cause thats about all that **** is good for
Old 04-19-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

SPeeDinT/A I dont want to sound rude but please stay out of this thread unless you are leaving positive feedback.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Banned

I was tryin bro. But here goes. I think it would look wicked with a little variation to the DH car. But from talking to the guys that built the GMMG cars it would be very time consuming and a huge PITA to construct one and you would probably have pretty high cost on it but I think they would still sell because people are in love with those figures of those cars. If you got it done you wouldnt have to worry about if it would sell and if people would like it, it would sell like beer at a jimmy buffet concert. I would offer one thing, options, I would atleast offer the front bumper with the lip. Dont mass prduce it but make it an option. I dont think you would have to worry about people duplicating it too bad. There are many things on the DH car that cannot be replicated and some are an assload to get done. From seeing and sitting in one I noticed many one off type things.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SPeeDinT/A
I was tryin bro. But here goes. I think it would look wicked with a little variation to the DH car. But from talking to the guys that built the GMMG cars it would be very time consuming and a huge PITA to construct one and you would probably have pretty high cost on it but I think they would still sell because people are in love with those figures of those cars. If you got it done you wouldnt have to worry about if it would sell and if people would like it, it would sell like beer at a jimmy buffet concert. I would offer one thing, options, I would atleast offer the front bumper with the lip. Dont mass prduce it but make it an option. I dont think you would have to worry about people duplicating it too bad. There are many things on the DH car that cannot be replicated and some are an assload to get done. From seeing and sitting in one I noticed many one off type things.
I know it wont be easy....well the rear panels wont be easy. The front lip will have to be an option since most dont like it, and the hood and spoiler would have to be an option too.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Banned

Well you wouldnt really have to worry about the hood since VFN makes it, and the spoiler is also available from a few sponsors. Just worry about the big things first. I am one person who would ove to see it done. If this kit were a reality in the next few years I would but another camaro just to put the pieces on it. widebody+camaro=
Old 04-19-2006, 07:56 AM
Banned

Post up in the camaro section also, tou get get hella feedback over there
Old 04-19-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm only going to say this once. Dustin has been very patient considering the stuff that has gone on in this thread. Keep it on topic and knock off the bullshit personal attacks or this thread ends. I don't want to have to lock Dustin's thread as he's trying to accomplish something here, so if I have to lock it, that won't be the end of it.

I hope I was clear in my intentions.

--------------------------------------------

With that said, D, I think if you could pull that kit off it'd be tight as hell. Add your own touches of course. Also, I kind of like the lip on the front bumper, reminds me of the Saleen S7. But it would HAVE to be a new molded front bumper, as I've never seen an add-on that looks that good.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Like the looks of the kit (minus the hood) - Maybe you could come up with something a leetle different for the hood. Being a T/A owner obviously I wouldn't buy - but it's a fresh look for Camaro - since most of us have never seen a DH car in person. I can forsee some major toolling/engineering costs though

Godd luck to ya in your enterprise

As for hp I am willing to bet the bank on a meager H/C car pushing maybe 400? I bet its a real beast huh? Dumb rednecks.
H/C car here with the N/A rwhp/rwtq numbers shown in sig - and on a Mustang Dyno. New engine combo should put me VERY close to the 500hp N/A mark.

Not very hard at all to get 400+ with PROPER H/C combo

How much $$ do you have in the bank????????????

BTW, I have quite a bit of bling (chrome, polished SS) under my hood - doesn't seem to slow me down in the hp/tq area - it IS possible to have both
Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
The turd is back.
hey, I ain't said ****.

Quick Reply: Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?