Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Would you like for your car to look like a 2002 Dick Harrell Camaro?
Hell yes!
80.30%
No, that would be ripping off the design of the Dick Harrell supercar.
19.70%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright enough bashing on Firehawk! We all see how much dedication he has put into his work therefore you shouldnt say ****. He is proud of it and I among others am jealous.

The handpicked idea might be the right route to keep this under control.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like everything except the cowl hood...
Old 04-18-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RollTideTA
If i had a camaro... Id be all over the flared/bulged fenders

Makes the camaro look a helluva lot more muscular if you ask me
I AGREE TOTALLY MAN...makes it look much better.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Well I think it will look cool as hell if done tastefully....and SPeeDinT/A learn your place in this site and...
Old 04-18-2006, 06:55 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Please understand, I am probably going to buy stuff from Firehawk608 once he gets up and running. That's why I didn't understand why he was so against someone making an appearance mod.

This is no different than when people started putting SS hoods on their Z28s or WS6 and Firehawk hoods on their T/As. Everybody was in an uproar over how wrong it was and how having an SLP car was something special, until the numbers came out and there were more SS's than Z28s and more Ws6's than regular T/As produced.

****, look at what TBYRNE has done to his C6 convertible. He put a C6 Z06 front end and rear end on the car to make a C6 Z06 convertible. I guess he's wrong for doing that, but I'll tell you what, it looks damn good.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Buy a Dick Harrell car for 100+k and enjoy the status.

Buy a body kit and pimp it on this site and be the new rice of American Muscle.

That's just me. ~Joshua
First off the Dick Harrell cars simply ripped off the Sunoco cars so give me a break...

Second of all, let's say at the time all those people bought Dick Harrell cars the body kit was also available. How many people would have still bought the Dick Harrell cars? I doubt there would have been as many.

The people who would still buy it would fall into two categories:

1) People who new about "Mr. Chevrolet" and wanted to buy a piece of history.

2) People who are too f@kcing stupid to realize you can build a car 20 times nicer than what they are producing for 100K.

At the end of the day Dick Harrell owners still have a 100K CAMARO!!! The second most redneck associated car ever (1978-1979 Trans-Am being the first)! It's like having a 100K double wide trailer, IT'S STILL A TRAILER!

Not putting anyone down, I am on my 7th F-Body but I am not too stupid to see it as it is.

In reply to the original topic HELL YES I WOULD BUY YOUR PRODUCT!!!!

On a side note:

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
i heard they made he fenders out of steel due to the high flex that the fiberglass wouldnt take. good luck though. i hope you can do it.
That's a rumor that's been floating around on the boards and isn't true. Think about it, Vettes were made of fiberglass and seem to do fine...

I am curious though how you plan to do this. The front fenders and bumper you could easily make complete replacements for and we could bolt on BUT the back fenders would have to be grafted on by a body shop and cost a LOT of money in body work.

How would you keep the cost to the buyer down? Let's be honest, these cars now go for about $6000 low-end to $14,000 high-end (not considering incredibly cheap deals or incredibly great condition low mileage rare and expensive cars). Most people wouldn't want to have more than $5000 TOTAL into seeing this kit installed and painted on their car...

Is it worth it to you to make these and sell a bumper, fenders and rear flares for $1500-$3000??? That's the only way I see them getting sold on a large quantity, which let's be honest, is what a business would want to do.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Am I hypocritical? No.

Rice to me is tacking on "go fast look items."

Adding a Dick Harrell kit and saying it's a Dick Harrell is wrong to me.

Polishing a motor or offering carbon fiber isn't saying you're a Dick Harrell car.

Most people here have no ******* idea what I think! It's for the common good, but I'll never for one ******* second offer body kits. Not me.
LIke I said, how much horsepower does your polished motor add? Does it make it fast or just give it a "go fast look"? You also talk a lot of ****, internet tough guy eh? Car is a second faster and you are 6'5" with a 10 inch dick on the internet arent u? As for hp I am willing to bet the bank on a meager H/C car pushing maybe 400? I bet its a real beast huh? Dumb rednecks.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

As for the king of bling Mr. 608, werent you the guy asking whether or not to do the Blackbird mod to your car? Since you did not buy a blackbird or pay the same price as one you cannot do it.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
That car is okay, but it is borderline tasteless IMO. As for everyone taking shots at Firehawk#608, fire away...he is entitled to his opinion just like you are. I, however, agree with him on this one.
You are a 'tard.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, and I say what the hell. Kudos to anyone who tries something to glorify the 4th gen Camaro. :p
Old 04-18-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who the hell do you think you are SpeedinT/A? You think you can just come on here talking **** to people that have been on here much longer than you and are respected members here. There is no place for that here. Grow up a little bit. As for the issue of respect, you will not get my respect and Im sure you will not get anyone elses on this site. If you are going to continue to be an *******, hold you tongue and spare us all your bullshit.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nokeman
Who the hell do you think you are SpeedinT/A? You think you can just come on here talking **** to people that have been on here much longer than you and are respected members here. There is no place for that here. Grow up a little bit. As for the issue of respect, you will not get my respect and Im sure you will not get anyone elses on this site. If you are going to continue to be an *******, hold you tongue and spare us all your bullshit.
I thought that's what this site was built on. A bunch of bench racing know it alls talking **** to each other. I see more pissing matches than useful information here most of the time.

On topic...I LOVE the DH car's and would love to own a real one. The kit is a bitch to get the rear fenders on and they ARE fiberglass bonded to the original fenders. Matt Berger told me it was such a pain to get them on and looking right on his car.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

that thing is a beaut, minus that shopping cart wing
Old 04-18-2006, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Dick Harrel cars are ******* HOT. Do it.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
On a side note:

That's a rumor that's been floating around on the boards and isn't true. Think about it, Vettes were made of fiberglass and seem to do fine...

I am curious though how you plan to do this. The front fenders and bumper you could easily make complete replacements for and we could bolt on BUT the back fenders would have to be grafted on by a body shop and cost a LOT of money in body work.

How would you keep the cost to the buyer down? Let's be honest, these cars now go for about $6000 low-end to $14,000 high-end (not considering incredibly cheap deals or incredibly great condition low mileage rare and expensive cars). Most people wouldn't want to have more than $5000 TOTAL into seeing this kit installed and painted on their car...

Is it worth it to you to make these and sell a bumper, fenders and rear flares for $1500-$3000??? That's the only way I see them getting sold on a large quantity, which let's be honest, is what a business would want to do.
For the rear panels it will either be a direct peice fiberglassed on your original panel or as soon as i get my hands on a rolling chassis to rip apart i can figure out a way to adapt a one peice panel that someone could easily do in their driveway....we will see...im not certain on how the rear panels are going to go yet.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what the hell is going on here?? you all sound like a bunch of nagging women . . . first off: IT IS NOT WRONG TO DO THE BODY KIT!!! what is wrong with it? buyin a ws6 or ss hood for your reg TA or Z28 is now rice? to me its jus makin it look meaner . . . i put blackbird stripes on my ws6, does that make me a ricer cuz i didn't buy an official Blackbird? with that phony 380 hp package?? it jus accents my ride . . i think adding the fenders is a great looking mod even if its a 3.8L!! now adding the cowl and spoiler is a lil over the top for your v6 but jus picture fenders on a regular SS, . . damn!!! i don't like camaros that much but those fenders are gorgeous!!!! Now makin a Dick Harrell body kit and callin it a DH is of course wrong, (like the Vtec badge i saw on a eclipse today) but what if you do it merely for looks??? (pertaining to the body kit) and all this talk about adding "go fast" look mods, . . . its a ls1, we have nothing to prove, . . . .
Old 04-18-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

I like the flares, and possibly the front spoiler, but I'd probably keep my SS hood and spoiler.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Launching!

If I had a camaro... Id be all over the flared/bulged fenders

It will make the camaro look a lot more muscular if you ask me.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Launching!

I love the look of the car except for the spoiler. Maybe you could round the fenders slightly, so they didn't bulge out so fast in the rear.

SpeedinTA,. you are a dumbass, STFU about other people's cars. They put a lok of work into them. Who cares, you're not the one driving it.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nokeman
I would just like to know how anyone can talk **** about firehawks motor and the work he has done. Thats just rediculous. SpeedinT/A, If you spent half the as much time learning about these cars and motors as you did running your mouth, you might not come off as such a MORON.
LOL

Quick Reply: Would you like for your car to look like a Dick Harrell Camaro?