Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Do you get annoyed? Paint question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you get annoyed? Paint question

When people say your car is a different color then what it is?

Example, I have a Monterey Maroon Metallic (MMM) 2001 Z28. Yet it seems like everybody wants to call it purple! Granted it is a deep red but comeon!

Am I alone in getting annoyed by this?
Old 07-10-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

let me see a pic and i can tell you...

i dont think you can get mad at people for not knowing the exact color. What random person off the street would say "oh, nice navy blue metallic camaro you have." no, they would say "nice blue." Certain light, cars look a different color. not everyone knows the exact color name. someone on here had there car painted red/black cherry metallic. I could have sworn it was purple lol, just gotta let it roll off...

PICTURES PLEASE!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Purple!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually noone means any harm, but everyone has ran into those guys/girls that are just out to play down anything that someone else has.

If its red or black or white its too COMMON... but if its sunset orange or bright green metallic its too BOLD.... if its NBM or Maroon its PURPLE... if its silver its GRAY.... if its pewter its BROWN...if its an aqua or teal its GREEN...

There are people that can find the negative spin for anything, dont let it get you down their just either always like that or jealous.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Launching!

You have to think, not everyone knows what the real color name is so they just call it by a common color name that they think it resembles the most.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nikeair042
let me see a pic and i can tell you...

i dont think you can get mad at people for not knowing the exact color. What random person off the street would say "oh, nice navy blue metallic camaro you have." no, they would say "nice blue." Certain light, cars look a different color. not everyone knows the exact color name. someone on here had there car painted red/black cherry metallic. I could have sworn it was purple lol, just gotta let it roll off...

PICTURES PLEASE!!!
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't mean to be a smart *** to you surgence but do you know every single color of every single make and model? I think not but I do understand what you are saying, except in a different way. I get annoyed when someone says nice "sports car" or nice "mustang." (Damn I hate that comment)

I also hate when people that don't know jack about our cars pretend to know everything about them. I have a cousin that was like "Yeah, I like the Z28 but the SS is a lot faster." I'm pretty sure everyone here has heard that remark, same with the formula, trans am, and ws6 guys.

It's pretty obvious that most people outside, with just as much inside, of the f-body community are ignorant fools. I could go ranting on and on about bullshit I've heard from people and probably start a new cheesiest f-body thread with the ones that roll around in my area. Everyone wants to throw some whack *** 20s that only measure 7" wide and run a 25 series tire.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98redM6
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't mean to be a smart *** to you surgence but do you know every single color of every single make and model? I think not but I do understand what you are saying, except in a different way. I get annoyed when someone says nice "sports car" or nice "mustang." (Damn I hate that comment)

I also hate when people that don't know jack about our cars pretend to know everything about them. I have a cousin that was like "Yeah, I like the Z28 but the SS is a lot faster." I'm pretty sure everyone here has heard that remark, same with the formula, trans am, and ws6 guys.

It's pretty obvious that most people outside, with just as much inside, of the f-body community are ignorant fools. I could go ranting on and on about bullshit I've heard from people and probably start a new cheesiest f-body thread with the ones that roll around in my area. Everyone wants to throw some whack *** 20s that only measure 7" wide and run a 25 series tire.
Obviously I dont know all the color names, and I'm not really looking for people to know them either. It just seems to me like people use it in a condesending way, like what RollTideTA said!

A lady I was talking to was like, "Did your know car is purple?" and I said, "No, its maroon from the factory" and she said "Well it looks purple" in this tone that was like why would you buy a purple car ! Just a little thing that already gets on my nerves and I've only had the car about a week now!

I'll post up pics as soon as I can get some good ones taken hopefully in the next couple weeks!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell let it roll off your shoulder. I had a guy one night at the track try to swear my car was purple under the lights. If your paint has ANY amount of pearl or anything similar in the paint that can alter its true base color, then its all in the eye of the beholder.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah my friend gives me a hard time with the purple color car saying I'm gay for it. This is just because my NAVY BLUE formula is nicer and faster than his 91 gta which is just plain old black.