Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions about Orange Halos that was posted before.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions about Orange Halos that was posted before.

I am definitely going to get the halos for my car. I saw something that orangeapeel posted before with his halos with the orange light in the center bulb of the halo lights.
A few questions about that.

1) is there someway that you can make that turn on and off with a switch as opposed to having it turn on with just the regular headlights?
2) would something like what he has get you pulled over by the cops? If so, thats why i asked the first question.
3) how long do the bulbs lasts that he used with the orange bulb?
4) are they an easy replacement if they eventually burnout?

I guess i would appreciate it if you could chime in orangeapeel. Afterall, its about what you have in your car.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

1 sure there is, just add a seperate switch, that only gets power then the lights are on, then the switch basically acts as an interupt.

2 probably not since it is orange/amber, which is the color that is supposed to be facing forward.

3 the are led's almost likely that they will outlast the car.

4 you're going to have to get clever and replace the blue halo with the new orange bulbs, so you will figure out how difficult it will be
Old 09-29-2006, 07:35 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redbanditz28
I am definitely going to get the halos for my car. I saw something that orangeapeel posted before with his halos with the orange light in the center bulb of the halo lights.
A few questions about that.

1) is there someway that you can make that turn on and off with a switch as opposed to having it turn on with just the regular headlights?
2) would something like what he has get you pulled over by the cops? If so, thats why i asked the first question.
3) how long do the bulbs lasts that he used with the orange bulb?
4) are they an easy replacement if they eventually burnout?

I guess i would appreciate it if you could chime in orangeapeel. Afterall, its about what you have in your car.
Like was said, you can wire it up to a switch and use the power from the running lights. Mount switch where desired. I wired mine in. You can always disable the light option when the e-brake goes down. the sensor is in the defrost vent in the middle of the dash.

Getting pulled over would be hard to do with the halos. They don't show up as well as you think that they would with the lights on. Plus they are orange. Not blue or red. I had an officer ask if I could do it to a patrol camaro. You won't get busted.

LED lights will last a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time.

It is not easy to replace them. It honestly takes 45-1:30 to get the bulbs out. Depending on if you have ever attempted to open the bezel before. I can do a write-up on how "I" did it. But if you use it, I'm not to blame for damages.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Do the Halo lights all come stock blue?? found some on ebay 140.00 set... How much would the LED's cost to change colors
Old 09-30-2006, 09:34 PM
math > me

A write up would be great, I'd love to see one!
Old 09-30-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

No one has done a write up so the only way your probably going to be able to get them is order them from www.ledgauges.com
Old 10-05-2006, 02:35 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by import_raper
Do the Halo lights all come stock blue?? found some on ebay 140.00 set... How much would the LED's cost to change colors
LED's are peanuts in price.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:48 PM
math > me

My lights come in the 10th, I'm going to see if I can figure this out. It has to be possible, obviously.

Last edited by 666 speed; 10-05-2006 at 09:35 PM.