Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LS1 Tech Special: Porter Cable 7424 buffer kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1Tech Special: Porter Cable 7424 buffer kit

For the first time on LS1Tech, we offer the popular Porter Cable 7424 buffer. Powerful yet safe for the beginner or novice user. FREE 6" counterweight included in every order. Shipping just $9.95 in the lower 48 states. Contact us at steve@tropi-care.com for shipping quote outside the continental US. Our pads and accessories custom made by Lake Country Mfg.

For $161.99 + shipping, our new TCPC-10 kit includes 2-6.5" orange "light cutting/polishing" foam pads, 1 blue "final finishing" foam pad, 2 microfiber polishing bonnets for safe, effective residue removal, the Lake Country flexible backing plate and 2 ounce samples of our TC-3 Polish/Sealant xP, TC-6 Car Wash and TC-5 Detail Spray.

Specify on your order "Tech Special 01" and receive a free 8 ounce bottle of our TC-8 Swirl Cutter ($15.95 value).

From here, you can assemble your own custom kit.

Yellow "medium cutting" pad-($9.99 each) for heavy swirl and medium scratch removal follow up with orange pad
Orange "cutting/polishing" pad-($10.99 each) excellent for fine scratch and swirl mark/hologram removal
White "light polishing" pad-($9.99 each) for use after orange pad for to remove very fine scratches
Blue "final finishing" pad-($9.99 each) for use to apply finishing polish/sealants or liquid waxes.

For questions or ordering, contact us at steve@tropi-care.com or call-toll-free (866)341-0050. Sales tax added to TX orders.

Last edited by Steve@Tropi-Care; 03-22-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

When is this offer over ???

I cant afford it on this paycheck but I will get it in two weeks if you still haev this sale !
Old 03-22-2007, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but is that buffer going to make swirl marks/damage paint etc.?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trust
Pardon my ignorance, but is that buffer going to make swirl marks/damage paint etc.?
Umm... no. It's going to get RID of those thigs. That's the point.

And I wish this offer would have been a month ago. I would have been on it like white on rice.. instead I spent a bit more on a Meguiar's kit.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 844 Likes on 646 Posts

that's a good deal guys
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

That is a great deal on this kit.

-Brian D.

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 03-22-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow that is one hell of a deal. I think My PC was that price alone
Old 03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you use this buffer you will ask yourself why havnt i done this sooner.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

id like to give it a try... pm details?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NEED2SPEEDLS1
id like to give it a try... pm details?
Its a great machine that you'll love after using it. I've had mine for quite awhile now and wonder how I detailed without it before!

What kind of details are you looking for?

With the dual action motion of this machine it does not create heat like you would get with a rotary buffer. To mess up paint with this buffer you really have to try hard
Old 03-22-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Steve,
I just ordered this from you last week, the kit for 169 and then a bottle of the swirl cutter and a bunch of other stuff. I wish you I would have known about this deal because now I wish I would have just waited and I would have saved a bunch of money.

Wouldn't want to give me a store credit, would ya.

Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

I've seen a lot of info about this, and I have a question -

My dad was a body man and taught me to use his Makita rotary. Unfortunately, it's possessed (turns on and off by itself), so I'm not comfortable using it.

On a rotary, you use the edge of the pad (not the side or face). Do you use this similarly, or just place it face flat against the body? The dual action concept throws me off. For that matter, he used a wool bonnet.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kalgorn
Umm... no. It's going to get RID of those thigs. That's the point.

And I wish this offer would have been a month ago. I would have been on it like white on rice.. instead I spent a bit more on a Meguiar's kit.
I know thats what its suppose to do, but alot of people make it worse. I know there are 2 major types of buffers, the ones that 'just spin' and the ones that spin and 'give', but I have no idea what the proper terms are. I was asking which one this was.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

i think i'm going to picking up this AND the bucket kit tomorrow there are just too damn many things i want to spend my money on right now.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice I have a rotary but I would like to have one of these.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

...and now its time for the poor college kid to nicely ask his parents for money
Old 03-23-2007, 05:43 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

I know thats what its suppose to do, but alot of people make it worse. I know there are 2 major types of buffers, the ones that 'just spin' and the ones that spin and 'give', but I have no idea what the proper terms are. I was asking which one this was.
It is pretty hard to damage your paint with the PC, even with an aggressive polish like Menzerna IP, it works so slowly that you would have to deliberately stay in one spot or on an edge to damage the paint. The fact that it is a slow process compared to a rotary setup makes it a great tool for beginners and non-professionals like most of us!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

This is an orbital, meaning it oscillates. A rotary is the one that just spins (like an angle grinder). Rotaries can cause damage when used improperly. Orbitals are pretty much idiot-proof. I should know. I'm an idiot, but I can use an orbital.

-Mike
Old 03-23-2007, 08:10 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We will announce in advance when this PC deal will expire.

There are some of the differences between this Porter Cable 7424 random orbital buffer and high speed rotary polishers such as the Makita 9227 or the DeWalt 847. They include the measurement of speed (orbits/minute-PC vs. revolutions/minute-rotary) and rotary polisher's ability to remove directional lines after wet sanding . The rotary cuts very fast, very efficient in the right hands, and its use is not recommended for beginners or the novice. Even the professional or advanced user has been known to "burn" through the clear coat with these types of machines.

Anyone who takes pride in their vehicle would be very well served by having one of these PCs as part of their maintenance regimen. Ask anyone who already has one of their own. Its ability to remove ultra fine lines and swirl marks/holograms from the paint finish will make you think twice about doing anything by hand application in the future. You would be be able to apply liquid waxes, polishes and sealants on the surface in a matter of minutes. Removal can be accomplished just as easy with our microfiber bonnets applied over top of the orange foam buffing pad on the PC. This action is known as "burnishing." It will produce a deeper crystal clear mirror like reflection as compared to hand removal.

The PC will not burn the paint even with the yellow "cutting" pad and mild rubbing compound. The only damage you can do with this machine is to drop it on the surface while working with it. You may inflict micro-marring (hazing of the clear coat with tiny ultra fine scratches when using an aggressive product at excessive speed or pressure in one location for an extended period). However, this condition can be cleared up using a lesser aggressive foam pad and appropriate chemical. The learning curve for the PC is short. Once you understand it's capabilities, you'll wonder why you didn't buy one sooner.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:01 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the help guys, I was trying to figure out whether it was the one that oscillates or not. I'll be ordering one ASAP!

Quick Reply: LS1 Tech Special: Porter Cable 7424 buffer kit