Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NBM Camaro Owners, and Opinions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NBM Camaro Owners, and Opinions Wanted

I went and drove my new car yesterday. It's a 2002 NBM Z28 6 speed. I'm really excited about getting it. Everything is done except the last signing of the papers. I won't be picking it up until Wednesday (next day off work).

That brings me to the point of my thread. I'd like to see what owner's have done to accent NBM cars. I was initially planning on a black car, but this one turned out to be a better deal. I was going to do a black on black "death star" theme. I don't know if the black on blue would work though. I'm thinking it might look like a rolling bruise.

I was thinking a satin black berger panel, and satin black hockey stripes down the side. Only thing that stumps me is wheels. Polished, chrome, or painted? Perhaps C5 Z06 OEM gunmetal-ish wheels would work. I'd like some feedback, and really would love some pictures of NBM cars that have some added points in the looks department.

I know I don't want bigger than 18's, and I'd prefer nice wide somewhat lightweight wheels over bling bling. I had 19's on my WS.6 and they were nice to look at, but REALLY lacked in the traction department. Thanks in advance, and sorry about the slight long winded-ness. I'm just really excited to be getting back into a LS1
Old 07-22-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Blue with black accents doesn't look too bad.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/chupr0kabra/FM5/

Future plans:
Sunoco hood painted to match the body
SS spoiler
Black racing stripes (a la the 69 SS)
MAYBE the black satin rear panel

-Mike
Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

NBM with black wheels can be pulled off, but the wheels NEED to have a polished or chrome lip, IMHO. I prefer the look of anthracite/gunmetal centers, again though with a shiny lip. Of course chrome is always a winner too! Stay away from polished wheels, they look nice but are a pain to keep that way. Good luck and remember- lotsa pics!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

flat black berger with stainless inserts

18" z06 wheels, black turn signals, halo headlights, billit grille which im painting black next week

heres an old pic, with blackouts and the gfx still on

i hope that helped out. i have an ss spoiler and 3 inch ss hood on the way, ill post pics once painted
Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks! Your cars look awesome. I was thinking more along the lines of polished/chrome on blue. I REALLY prefer black, but I can't really find black wheels that I can afford. Fikse's are AWESOME. But a bit out of my budget. Hopefully some more people will post up. You guys are definitely contributing to my lack of sleep these next few days.

My only issue with Chrome is the possible weight. I'll have to do some research to see the difference between painted and chrome. This time around I have a bunch of friends with muscle cars so every pound counts. That and they have already been driving their cars for a while. I take a little time off and look what happens.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Keep an eye on the For Sale threads. I got my Fikse's for $2250 + my rims and tires (17x9.5/17x11 ZR1's with Goodyear GSD3's) from a guy here on LS1Tech. A couple months ago, there were three sets of Fikse's (two sets of FM/5's and a set of Mags) for sale in the Texas section alone.

And a word of advice, since you're concerned about weight: the lighter the wheel, the better. I dyno'd 333rwhp on stock rims and tires, then dropped to 320rwhp by doing NOTHING but adding the 17x11 ZR1's with new tires.

-Mike
Old 07-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My goal was a mix between the ZL1 Prototype:

and the Dick Harrell cars:

Laugh if you want but my inspiration for the color theme was the Cobalt gauges:

I went with a BLACK/BLUE/CHROME with HINTS of RED theme but also mainly a "race inspired" (think old mopars with satin black, etc...) theme hence the factory LIGHTWEIGHT MAGNESSIUM Z06 rims:

The inside is black/blue/chrome as well because the interior is black with chrome accents and the gauges/switches all light up blue at night:

It is getting cowl stripes that are satin black (to match the berger and grill) with a silver outline (to match the rims) and chrome 346 emblems (to tie in the interior chrome and CAMARO letters on the back) as soon as they arrive in the mail. It will look like this photoshop:

The car's appearance is 99% finished... A new set of headlights and a couple of leather accent pieces from redline and she'll be done

Then I will finish what I started in the engine bay (clean up the wiring, etc...):

What do you think?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Yea, the black and blue theme is the way to go...

Heres a pic of my car

And this is just a photoshop, but its what I plan on doing with the rear.. I wanna do the berger panel mod, in gloss black, and VHT the taillights, except for the clear backup light section.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER

I went with a BLACK/BLUE/CHROME with HINTS of RED theme but also mainly a "race inspired" (think old mopars with satin black, etc...) theme hence the factory LIGHTWEIGHT MAGNESSIUM Z06 rims:

The inside is black/blue/chrome as well because the interior is black with chrome accents and the gauges/switches all light up blue at night:

It is getting cowl stripes that are satin black (to match the berger and grill) with a silver outline (to match the rims) and chrome 346 emblems (to tie in the interior chrome and CAMARO letters on the back) as soon as they arrive in the mail. It will look like this photoshop:

The car's appearance is 99% finished... A new set of headlights and a couple of leather accent pieces from redline and she'll be done

Then I will finish what I started in the engine bay (clean up the wiring, etc...):

What do you think?
THANK YOU for posting pictures of what I hope my car looks like one day. That's the exact thing I had envisioned. Awesome. Car looks amazing. Simple yet serious. I'm saving your pics for inspiration. Can you elaborate on the front grille/lights? That looks awesome!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Restricted User

I like doing complimentary colors rather than close colors. For NBM, my choice would be either bright silver and red, or maybe a graphite grey and red...or just either of those without red.

Silver or chrome wheels...silver or graphite stripes...red, silver, graphite, or NBM calipers, without a doubt do either whistler headlights or black halos.

I really like The Artist Formerly Known as Demonbird's wheels. Great choice for that car, and since they are darker silver, it leads me to believe that I would like graphite stripes of some sort the best.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really have any good pictures resized for the forums, but here's a link to my photobucket..
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f348/DuronClocker/

Plain and simple.

Next steps are a satin black berger panel, SS spoiler, and re-do the headlights (complete the "whistler" mod) and possibly the black turn signals with clear plastic... that is unless I decide that I want to do the LT1 front end conversion I've been thinking about

Oh, oops, forgot the 5.7 badge that will be replacing the stock "Z28" and bowtie badges on the rear of the car, and I'm also working on getting some polished stainless CAMARO fender badges like the 93-96 V6 cars.

***Edited for spelling***

Last edited by DuronClocker; 07-23-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

blue with black accents huh. how bout NBM with black hockey stick stripes, berger panel, and more.

photobucket page

but the car just recently got changed to this

Last edited by Tdawg; 07-23-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER

you and i had the same idea with the whole ZL1 theme, but my insperation just came from wanting to be subtle

Last edited by Tdawg; 07-23-2007 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:40 AM
TECH Regular

black and blue.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Blue and black is a good combination it's just depends on how u present it! My goal is to get nice deep dish rims w/a nice polish lip. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Black tt2s with polished lip are in the future along with a hood and spoiler
Old 07-23-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Like this? Heres mine

Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RUDE SS
Like this? Heres mine

Well that pretty much threw a wrench in the mix. I didn't think ZR1's would look that good on blue. I was wrong. Looks REALLY nice
Old 07-23-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanxs I really think the black Z06's with polished lip looks good too. No rivits!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a black SLP grill on the front of my navy blue Z28, with the stock chrome 5 star wheels. I can't change much though being a broke *** college student

First thing you need to do are ditch those hideous snowflake rims.

Quick Reply: NBM Camaro Owners, and Opinions Wanted