glade you could use it!!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice...
Old 09-17-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...my headlights like that only have 2 wires that come out of the housing. Those 2 wires power up the halos and LEDs...so I'm stuck with all of them.

btw, these headlights are complete crap. The plastic they're made out of is so brittle, every single bolt I've had to re epoxy back in there. It's been hell. Im trying the washer mod now with a 1/2 spacer, and the stock brackets don't fit,lol. I'm going to go mess with it some more. good luck to me
Old 09-17-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn sucks to hear that, what ebay person did you buy them from? and i agree with the housing being very brittle
Old 09-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Z28
...my headlights like that only have 2 wires that come out of the housing. Those 2 wires power up the halos and LEDs...so I'm stuck with all of them.

btw, these headlights are complete crap. The plastic they're made out of is so brittle, every single bolt I've had to re epoxy back in there. It's been hell. Im trying the washer mod now with a 1/2 spacer, and the stock brackets don't fit,lol. I'm going to go mess with it some more. good luck to me
It's not the headlights so much as they didn't use a redesigned bracket. I pulled a couple bolts out of my headlights as welll but it was because I was trying to force the alignment and the bracket was hitting the projector housing and pulling the bolts out.

I did this mod:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/784192-how-fix-poorly-fitting-adjusting-projector-headlights.html

and used the stock bolts (from my stock headlights sine they were slightly bigger) in the holes and needed no epoxy.

EVERYONE who gets these headlights should do the fix I posted above or else you will have alignment problems...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, thank you for posting that. I didn't even see that, until you showed where that rubs.

I just got done(I'm quite pissed at these things though).

After grinding the brackets to clear, the one bolt that holds the headlight locked in, still would hit the housing.

I cut the bolts about 1/4 shorter to clear. With them adjust all the way up(top adjuster) they aim almost level enough to make me happy.

Will you guys right now go turn yours on for about 3-5 min and see how hot they get. I know they're supposed to run cooler, but they get really really hot. The housings on the backside, right above where the bulb goes in is too hot to hold your finger on for more than a second.

...would not recoommend these new headlights to anyone though, haahaha, htey're complete crap and caused me more problems than anything. Im almost tempted to just stick a HID bulb in my older halos. They were atleast decent.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1999Z28
Yes, thank you for posting that. I didn't even see that, until you showed where that rubs.

I just got done(I'm quite pissed at these things though).

After grinding the brackets to clear, the one bolt that holds the headlight locked in, still would hit the housing.

I cut the bolts about 1/4 shorter to clear. With them adjust all the way up(top adjuster) they aim almost level enough to make me happy.

Will you guys right now go turn yours on for about 3-5 min and see how hot they get. I know they're supposed to run cooler, but they get really really hot. The housings on the backside, right above where the bulb goes in is too hot to hold your finger on for more than a second.

...would not recoommend these new headlights to anyone though, haahaha, htey're complete crap and caused me more problems than anything. Im almost tempted to just stick a HID bulb in my older halos. They were atleast decent.
Mine get hot as well... My bolt almost hits as well. I ended up just using a spacer because it pushed the headlight out a little as well.

They may have been a PITA but nothing looks more evil than the two halo rings coming on when I arm the nitrous
Old 09-17-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol yeah, i bet.

I'm a mechanic, so I'm not some retarded guy, lol, these just gave me tons of problems.

And they get so hot I was worried, but I guess if you guys don't have problems I should be fine.
THanks agina
Old 09-27-2007, 03:38 AM
FASTEST ALL MOTOR LS1 IN THE COUNTRY

nice writeup.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:59 AM
11 Second Club

turned mine into turn signals.. got pulled over for flashing blue light
Old 10-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
That sucks! Especially since they aren't really even blue (they look more white to me) ! Did you get a ticket?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

what?! man that's gay, yeah the light is more like a cool blue/white instead of a blue blue. guess the cop just wanted an easy ticket.....that's really stupid
Old 10-06-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by brianfromhawaii
That's silly, but in some ways it does make sense, flashing blue is an emergency vehicle color so....
I think he wanted an easy ticket or was just having a bad day.

Looks like once I get some projectors (not for awhile though) I won't be turning mine into signals, just disconnecting them.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

He wanted to be a dick to the guy with the Camaro, and meet him, I had the car shipped here... There arent many camaros on the street here in Hawaii, lotta slow vettes owned by old people, and lotta hondas and tacomas
Old 12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

that sucks you got pulled over. i wanted to make mine into turn signals before i saw that. does make sense tho. in texas signal lights have to have amber. might be nation wide, iono. im trying to decide between keeping the led's or not right now.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Reject you seem to be good with how the wiring in our cars. How would you set it up so your halos would be your running lights. Such as using the power from the DRL's, but having the turnsignals still enabled? I have been trying to figure it out what I did was cut the brown wire and wired it to the blue wire on the halo end, and left the light blue wire from the drls connected and grounded. Also I took out the bulb on the other light in the corners. So no more amber running lights, but still having amber turn signals. That would be the right way to tackle it right?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Here is the thread Ryan33187 started about halo wiring for reference:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/839656-halo-s-wiring-question.html
Old 01-04-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dosnt the DRL have to be color amber in your area?

Quick Reply: Projector light Reject Mod:: How To!!