Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

You don't see these cars everyday, unless you live in Orange County *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You don't see these cars everyday, unless you live in Orange County *PICS*

Every Saturday at the Ford building 500+ cars show up. The usual F430's, F40's, 360's, Enzos, Gallardos, Murcs, Lotus, and the like show up.

Here are a few pictures of the rare cars I saw this morning that normally don't show up.

I see F40's occasionally, but I have yet to see this particular one. It was perfect.

Now on to the good stuff. My dad has known Kye for a long time, and I have known him for awhile. Kye owns a very high end body shop, working on Ferrari, Lotus, Bentley, Range Rover, Callaway, and the like. He newest toy is this Ford GT. Thing looks stock from the outside, the only clue that isn't stock is the huge after market Brembo brakes. If you walk up to the car and look in the rear you'll see a beautiful looking Whipple. Yup, this thing is Whipple charged and makes about 750 HP. Has upgraded suspension, huge CV joints, long tube headers, along with other things. I guess people at Rouch worked on this car. I forget who Kye said signed the car. Thing is pretty insane. Out of the 500+ cars there this morning, Kye's GT was top 3 loudest. When he left, he shredded the tires. I guess Kye plans on painting the rims satin black, and painting the black Brembo calipers red to match the car and have the Brembo logo engraved into the calipers. Should look good.

Still have to show where my heart is, Corvette Racing.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet Cars.. I like the FORD GT
Old 12-22-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

I prefer my good old american iron. Althought they are sexy.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

those meets are cool, but the irvine cops suck. i preferred it when it was at crystal cove.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

What r u talking about only in the OC. Up in nor-cal where I live ( Roseville ) I run with those cars all the time. I have a Ford GT in my shop right now for the half shaft recall and gallardos arnt really that fast but im diggin that new superleggera
Old 12-22-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fast01z28
those meets are cool, but the irvine cops suck. i preferred it when it was at crystal cove.
They don't come anymore. I guess you haven't been in awhile.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RUDE SS
What r u talking about only in the OC. Up in nor-cal where I live ( Roseville ) I run with those cars all the time. I have a Ford GT in my shop right now for the half shaft recall and gallardos arnt really that fast but im diggin that new superleggera

How many GT's have you worked on make 750+ hp and are whipple charged? I would venture to guess this is the only place in the country where you see this many cars of this caliber every weekend being driven.

Here is a few pictures of Kye's '62 Bel Air. The attention to detail is amazing.

http://velocitymag.com/Contest/Conte...testEntryID=51
Old 12-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Before I left with the MEU, the Bugatti Veyron that's rolling around Laguna would always stop by Starbucks (and the other shops) at the Crystal Cove Promenade, and pretty much on any given weekend you can see either an Enzo or a 599 GTB over at Mastro's O Club.

I didn't know that there were meets there before... what gives?

It seems like the Ford Dealership is a nice place to go to...any turbo F-bodies frequent that place?
Old 12-22-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aezerafel
Before I left with the MEU, the Bugatti Veyron that's rolling around Laguna would always stop by Starbucks (and the other shops) at the Crystal Cove Promenade, and pretty much on any given weekend you can see either an Enzo or a 599 GTB over at Mastro's O Club.

I didn't know that there were meets there before... what gives?

It seems like the Ford Dealership is a nice place to go to...any turbo F-bodies frequent that place?
A few F-bodies show up. It's not a dealership, it's the corporate office. Very awesome. You should check it out, very worth it.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

damn the only exotic car ive seen in my part of florida is a shitty lotus elise. big money up in cali i guess. that ford gt is very clean looking. ive seen one in person but it wasnt supercharged. o and one cobra r but that thing is overrated.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

wow some nice cars there
Old 12-22-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Veteran

nice cars, but what are the newer Mustangs doing there?
Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the pics Keefus. One day I will get back up there
Old 12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned

thats awesome. i see those occasionaly here in central florida. girlfriend lives right down the street from a lambo/bentley/any supercar or super luxury. They have a Saleen S7 TT sitting out there now that I really want lol. Also had a Aston Martin DB9 blow by me this afternoon on my way home from work
Old 12-22-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
thats awesome. i see those occasionaly here in central florida. girlfriend lives right down the street from a lambo/bentley/any supercar or super luxury. They have a Saleen S7 TT sitting out there now that I really want lol. Also had a Aston Martin DB9 blow by me this afternoon on my way home from work
Saleen is located in Irvine. I see S7's all the time.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I must say that up in the bay area, especially on the peninsula I see these kinds of cars all the time, a ferrari F430 actually almost hit me in our Boxster yesterday. On my street alone (in a middle class neighbor hood), we have a Dinan M3, a Z8, Supercharged Range Rover Hamaan I beleve, Porsche Turbo. At Santana Row in San Jose there are these kinds of meets all the time. Nice cars and too see them in person is a completely different experience.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RUDE SS
cool you're in roseville? Im in Yuba although im moving to sac next week. I agree there are tons of cars like this here. My dad part owner of a shop that rebuilds ferraris so maybe thats why they seem so common to me. Theres a murcielago around my corner, and at least 5 gallardos here in Yuba City which you probably didnt know. Porsches are like hondas but there arent any ferraris. And all my dads clients are from the bay. Bay area theres nothing you wont see. I also spend a lot of time in the OC and i agree, you do see MORE there but nothing different and up here in nor cal theres more than i can count. Which is wierd cause i used to be able to count the fbodies in town. We're growing like NUTS!

Is the guy in the ford g the owner of the shop? Kye? He loos really young. Or is that you? Either way, could you let me know about some so-cal fbody events/gathering? I may be moving there in the next few months id like a headstart!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I love the F40...
Old 12-22-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

i have a dealer right by my house so i get to see cars like this all the time lol but i really see um out on the road. when im out by my buddies in crystal lake i see some usually when its nice out.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:43 PM
mcG
TECH Resident

those are some deeeeeep lipped wheels on the back of that diablo

Quick Reply: You don't see these cars everyday, unless you live in Orange County *PICS*