Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

**Specialized Stainless Camaro Build**

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008 | 01:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brian2006
How much weight did the sound deadener actually add overall? I've been wanting to do this for a while now but really don't want the extra weight.
55LBS... Considering every 100LBS saves you 1/10th second at the track, it isn't even noticeable. Plus the weight is evenly distributed around the car.
Old 02-24-2008 | 02:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

toofastz i pm'ed u and havent heard back from u!! did u get it??
Old 02-24-2008 | 04:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Great thread, can you please explain a bit more about the materials you used for sound deadening, and the procedure of installation?

I've been toying with the Idea for a while since I dropped the go fast plan, and this thread is a great encouragement.
Please excuse my ignorance but I have zero experience in this.
Old 02-24-2008 | 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like said before, great thread. You know I like these kind of projects. You can learn alot and get tons of new ideas. So far, looks like your going about the project with every detail in mind, I like that. May take some time, but in the end it turns out a winner.

Question for ya, how do you remove the door panels? I need to replace the speakers.

Definetly will be watching your progress. Good luck and keep the pics comming.
Old 02-24-2008 | 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brian2006
How much weight did the sound deadener actually add overall? I've been wanting to do this for a while now but really don't want the extra weight.
That's an easy fix, just add MORE POWER

Andy
Old 02-24-2008 | 01:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
toofastz i pm'ed u and havent heard back from u!! did u get it??
If I didn't reply, send it again.
Originally Posted by LT1BRN
Great thread, can you please explain a bit more about the materials you used for sound deadening, and the procedure of installation?

I've been toying with the Idea for a while since I dropped the go fast plan, and this thread is a great encouragement.
Please excuse my ignorance but I have zero experience in this.
Check out post #52, I list and have pics of the materials used. I don't have time for a write up right now... I may be doing a write up for Camaro Performers Magazine so I'll let you know if that goes through...
Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Like said before, great thread. You know I like these kind of projects. You can learn alot and get tons of new ideas. So far, looks like your going about the project with every detail in mind, I like that. May take some time, but in the end it turns out a winner.

Question for ya, how do you remove the door panels? I need to replace the speakers.

Definetly will be watching your progress. Good luck and keep the pics comming.
The door panels come off easily. Remove the accessories bezel w/ two screws & unplug the buttons, the light removes by twisting 90° and the plastic lock slide pops off the steel rod. Then remove the 3 screws from the door panel. Lift up on the outside of the door first, then the inside and it will come unhooked. Here's a picture of the backside of the door panel and behind the bezel so you can get a visual:

Old 02-24-2008 | 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

I hate taking off the door panels off I know how everything comes off but its still a bitch getting the hooks up and out of the holes sometimes.
Old 02-24-2008 | 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by toofazt
If I didn't reply, send it again.

Check out post #52, I list and have pics of the materials used. I don't have time for a write up right now... I may be doing a write up for Camaro Performers Magazine so I'll let you know if that goes through...

The door panels come off easily. Remove the accessories bezel w/ two screws & unplug the buttons, the light removes by twisting 90° and the plastic lock slide pops off the steel rod. Then remove the 3 screws from the door panel. Lift up on the outside of the door first, then the inside and it will come unhooked. Here's a picture of the backside of the door panel and behind the bezel so you can get a visual:

Thanks a bunch. Totally different than I expected. Gotta love this site. This section is the best. Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2008 | 01:40 PM
FormerVendor

Finally a sunny day I just finished shampooing the carpet and should finish installing the rest of the interior today...

Old 02-25-2008 | 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quite a project. Whats next on the list?
Old 02-25-2008 | 10:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Quite a project. Whats next on the list?
I'm working on the interior right now... Seats, gauges, shifter, cleaning, etc. Then suspension; lower it 1 to 1.5", stripes, possibly re-paint the hood and front bumper to get rid of rock chips, rims, calipers, tires.... the list goes on, lol
Old 02-25-2008 | 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

I got everything back together and took her for a ride. It did quiet down quite a bit and you can actually tell the difference in the video I took. Problem is, I can't get my computer to recognize the DVD-RAM disc so I can't upload it Anyone know what the problem might be?

Last edited by SPECIALIZED STAINLESS; 02-25-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-25-2008 | 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

I got everything back together and took her for a ride. It did quite down quite a bit and you can actually tell the difference in the video I took. Problem is, I can't get my computer to recognize the DVD-RAM disc so I can't upload it Anyone know what the problem might be?
You work too fast man i cant keep up with you. im about ready to fly you out here to work on my car, yours is looking awesome.
Old 02-25-2008 | 10:54 PM
TECH Addict
20 Year Member

I'm happy to hear you liked the results. I look forward to seeing/hearing the video once it's worked out.
Old 02-25-2008 | 11:08 PM
Launching!

Looking good so far! Time for me to subscribe.
Old 02-26-2008 | 08:27 AM
Teching In

I got everything back together and took her for a ride. It did quiet down quite a bit and you can actually tell the difference in the video I took.
So do you think it was a big enough sound decrease to justify the time and cost?

BTW, You have a hard road ahead to make this one as nice as your former black car. I look forward to seeing the progress.
Old 02-26-2008 | 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

cant wait to see the vedio, will be a big project to me since i'll have to ship everything to the sand box.
Old 02-26-2008 | 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Looking great man.. You do some really nice work and pay alot of attention to the small details .. Cant wait to see it done.
Old 02-26-2008 | 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Z Edge
So do you think it was a big enough sound decrease to justify the time and cost?

BTW, You have a hard road ahead to make this one as nice as your former black car. I look forward to seeing the progress.
It's a big enough sound decrease to justify the cost but I'm not so sure to the time. It took me about 3 full days...
Old 02-26-2008 | 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

how much did it cost for all the supplies to do it? i know dynomat is really expensive but how much was the stuff you used and how much did you use?

Quick Reply: **Specialized Stainless Camaro Build**