Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Lots of new mods and pics (56K -insert clever saying here indicating slowness here)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of new mods and pics (56K -insert clever saying here indicating slowness here)

The guy I work with agreed to take pictures of my car yesterday with his Nikon D80 and it was really nice out .

Since I last got good pictures I've been real busy with the car. For the exterior I added an Iroc spoiler with hatch I found locally already painted NBM and a set of 07 gm emblems we popped off my friends aveo rental car.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Under the hood I got all of MBA anodized blue caps head plate and dipstick handle and specialized stainless covers and bolt kit !wire mod I also got a 85mm professional products intake manifold I had powedercoated anodized blue to match the caps and fuel rails powdered. I also got my FIPK plate powdered and a freedom design polished STB.

I also installed my stereo with stealth box infinity 10 kappa dvc Focal K2P components sony head unit monster xln pro wiring and subthump amp rack.

In the interior I added black cat custom pearl blue gauges billet aluminum tilt lever boyds chrome vent rings brushed door sills macewen shift overlay mba shift adapter and hvac and headlight ***** with machined plates autovation machined pedals and lloyds mats redline goods ebrake boot and armrest cover in charcoal leather silver stitching and replaced dash pad with a complete uncracked one.

I'm still working on a few other things for the car this year including black and blue recaros from an evo and chrome fuel rail covers when they come out and sequential turn signals for the tails and to get my sfc and lca relocation bracket welded up. Performance wise I also had the car dyno tuned by TTP slp 160 stat had Pecesetters installed with tsp catted Y(thanks lastcall190) intake intalled (thanks barneymobile) and bmr lca and hotchkis adj. phb (thanks camvill). Sorry for such a long thread but its been a large body of work hunting things down and installing stuff since the beginning of this year. Thanks for looking and please give comments!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

I think your tips could be lifted up a little bit and some leather seats would look great in your car. Not a real big fan of the blue but it doesn't look bad at all. Overall a very nice car you got there man!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

These will be in my car next month and yes I have to get my tips tucked up better.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Jim . I thought you were putting a T/A hatch on last you told me...right? Did you take any pics during the install? This is the same spoiler that was on the 10th hawk..correct?

I like the blue gauges...definetly different and I've never seen the blue prior. I think it fits in well with your car . How long did it take you to do all the work?

Love the wheels also!!

Last edited by Flamin' bird; 05-27-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Looks good Jim . I thought you were putting a T/A hatch on last you told me...right? So the spoiler is off a Camaro? I'm just slightly lost Did you take any pics during the install?

I like the blue gauges...definetly different and I've never seen the blue prior. I think it fits in well with your car . How long did it take you to do all the work?

Love the wheels also!!
The IROC spoiler is made by SLP, it stands for International Race Of Champions. It was only put on Firehawks, no Camaro's.

The car looks good dude, lets get some more pictures of that black halo. I was thinking about doing mine as well.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Where did you get the tower brace from? I dig it. Lovin the spoiler too.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice car. When you get those seats the interior is going to look a lot better.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
The IROC spoiler is made by SLP, it stands for International Race Of Champions. It was only put on Firehawks, no Camaro's.

The car looks good dude, lets get some more pictures of that black halo. I was thinking about doing mine as well.
I edited my post after I found out about my dumbness . I thought it looked like that Firehawk spoiler that I liked when Jeff Y brought the X-men Hawk to the Skyline Drive Cruise in 2000.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Looks nice, with those seats even better.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 PM
FormerVendor

Love what you've done with it and the engine bay looks bad ***! Great job Mind if I use one of your engine bay shots for our customers car page?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

Very unique. Where did you get the auto shifter ****?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Launching!

About god-damned time you got some new high quality pics! Looks SICK!! I love the engine bay now...makes me sad to look under the hood of my car.

I did do some new little stuff to mine though over the weekend too, took some crappy new pics on my f-quick. I pulled the door trim and trans am badging, added some pioneer door speakers, removed all the remainder AC equipment(screw it, who needs it), and sprayed my rotors/calipers satin black with high temp...no more rusty rotors visible through the Z06's.

Oh, and Blkbird2000, stop copying me bastard! LOL!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

damn that looks great i love the wheels and engine bay
Old 05-28-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the compliments everyone. And yes I know Nighthawk about time. The car still has a lot more stuff to go on it too but I had a chance for pics.

Love what you've done with it and the engine bay looks bad ***! Great job Mind if I use one of your engine bay shots for our customers car page?
Sure thing Steve thanks for the custom pieces.

Where did you get the tower brace from? I dig it. Lovin the spoiler too.
Freedom design makes it but they have anodized red brace ends that I had powdercoated chrome. My friend ordered it for me through advanced auto

Very unique. Where did you get the auto shifter ****?
I think you can still get it from ws6store if not pm me you also need the auto shift adapter if you are an A4
Old 05-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Time for an fquick page my son. Get that damn thing up there and add me as a buddy.

And dude, where'd you get that 90 formula?? Didn't happen to be from a girl in Edison, did it? I went to high school with a girl who bought a car like that after we graduated and added that EXACT hood and wing. Everything was 100% identical. Don't know if she ever sold it or what.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, that engine bay is definitly different.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Rai
TECH Enthusiast

i like that iroc over the original t/a spoiler

iroc? all those races were sponsored by truevalue hardware right?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want a firehawk hood so bad.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gorgeous.