Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

revmax converters

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
After awhile of working on ur cars or other people's cars you will soon realize it is best to go with known quality parts
I have built cars with the best parts out on the market and they still break. What you need to realize is that no matter what the part is or how much it is eventually everything will break. I could have bought a 1000.00 Yank converter but who knows. What if the 1st time down the track the converter breaks? Now I have to drop another 1000.00 on a Yank converter.. What are the chances of that happening? Probably close to the same as my Revmaxx breaking..

I read all the reviews of the Revmaxx before I bought it. I looked at all the high HP Mustangs and chevy's that are running them. I read all the High tq Power stroke, and Duramaxx trucks who are using them as well. Thats why I went with the revmaxx. In the long run I did get what I paid for. A fun driving car that I can take down the track and run good numbers with. All for 260.00.. In my book thats a steal. Have fun with your Yank converters as I am having a blast with my Revmaxx converter as well..
Old 12-28-2010, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Some folks tend to jump on the bandwaggon and bash a converter that's somewhat unknown and not a sponsor without knowing the track record. Circle D, FLT wasn't even in the picture on this board five years ago, because they weren't a sponsor. Now, it's the converter to have (no pun intended). So that being said, the revmax converter MAY be a decent converter.

I've had three, an non sponsor Edge, TCI and Yank in my ride. The TCI was ok n/a, but it went awol when I started spraying and it took out my tranny with it. The Edge was great for me, n/a and n20. It was more street friendly, but the Yank hits much harder and pulls like a bat of hell! The tranny went out again soon after, so I had to reinstall the Edge and ship the Yank back to get refreshened/rebuilt.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSmoken
everybody says go with this or that instead of the "budget" converter. Has anyone had a problem with their not so expensive stall ??

Not me.. Have around 4000 miles on it and 8 passes at the track with it..
Old 12-28-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by shortdog
Some folks tend to jump on the bandwaggon and bash a converter that's somewhat unknown and not a sponsor without knowing the track record. Circle D, FLT wasn't even in the picture on this board five years ago, because they weren't a sponsor. Now, it's the converter to have (no pun intended). So that being said, the revmax converter MAY be a decent converter.

I've had three, an non sponsor Edge, TCI and Yank in my ride. The TCI was ok n/a, but it went awol when I started spraying and it took out my tranny with it. The Edge was great for me, n/a and n20. It was more street friendly, but the Yank hits much harder and pulls like a bat of hell! The tranny went out again soon after, so I had to reinstall the Edge and ship the Yank back to get rebuilt.

Good to know.. I have driven many High HP Cars with Yank 4000+ stalls in them and they do pull like a raped ape. They are not what I would call the best street friendly converter which is another reason why I didnt want to go with a Yank. I never driven a Yank on a bolt on car or a car with a less than 4000 Yank converter as well. I would love to find a LT1/LS1 with bolt ons around my area that has a Yank 3200 so I could drive it and they could drive mine and we could compare the 2.. Would be interesting..
Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
I have built cars with the best parts out on the market and they still break. What you need to realize is that no matter what the part is or how much it is eventually everything will break. I could have bought a 1000.00 Yank converter but who knows. What if the 1st time down the track the converter breaks? Now I have to drop another 1000.00 on a Yank converter.. What are the chances of that happening? Probably close to the same as my Revmaxx breaking..

I read all the reviews of the Revmaxx before I bought it. I looked at all the high HP Mustangs and chevy's that are running them. I read all the High tq Power stroke, and Duramaxx trucks who are using them as well. Thats why I went with the revmaxx. In the long run I did get what I paid for. A fun driving car that I can take down the track and run good numbers with. All for 260.00.. In my book thats a steal. Have fun with your Yank converters as I am having a blast with my Revmaxx converter as well..
you are making yourself sound really dumb... No one is saying that you shouldn't get it because it is going to break the first thing when you put it in. If you buy a Yank or Circle D instead of that converter the car is going to run faster because there is alot better parts inside these converters. This is how you get what you pay for. The converter you have probably is as effiecient as dog ****. There is a reason it is $200. And yanks and Circle D stalls are not $1000. The same size converter you have you can get from Yank or Circle D for $400 so quit with the $1000 converter b.s. And as far as you talking about breaking a yank converter and "being out $1000". Ur dumb because Yank and Circle D both have atleast 1 year warrantys on the converters. None of what you said makes any sense
Old 12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

1998silverbird, are you an idiot? Yank and Circle Ds cost about $700. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. Thats it. Stop making up this $1k ****. Those converters have billet fronts. The front is CNC machined from ONE solid chunk of billet steel. When you get done you have a way better converter then a stock one and its 20 pounds lighter. Your bullshit Revmax converters are from Chevy Cavalier 4 cylinders. They are USED 4 cylinder converters. Nothing inside them is new. They cut them open, inspect them, throw a new stator (or whatever its called) in there to make them stall higher and weld an adapter ring on them. Well thats what TCI and Edge do. The other bigger converters (like Revmax likely) are likely stockers with the new stator then they are sealed back up. How the hell is that a quality converter? Its stock. Stop blowing smoke up people's ***. And in case you dont know, a CNC milling machine can cost upwards of $125,000. It takes a machine that cost over one hundred thousand dollars to make Yank and Circle Ds.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
1998silverbird, are you an idiot? Yank and Circle Ds cost about $700. SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. Thats it. Stop making up this $1k ****. Those converters have billet fronts. The front is CNC machined from ONE solid chunk of billet steel. When you get done you have a way better converter then a stock one and its 20 pounds lighter. Your bullshit Revmax converters are from Chevy Cavalier 4 cylinders. They are USED 4 cylinder converters. Nothing inside them is new. They cut them open, inspect them, throw a new stator (or whatever its called) in there to make them stall higher and weld an adapter ring on them. Well thats what TCI and Edge do. The other bigger converters (like Revmax likely) are likely stockers with the new stator then they are sealed back up. How the hell is that a quality converter? Its stock. Stop blowing smoke up people's ***. And in case you dont know, a CNC milling machine can cost upwards of $125,000. It takes a machine that cost over one hundred thousand dollars to make Yank and Circle Ds.
:fu nny:

i read some info sarge posted about revmaxx bull **** converters. i would post the link but i dont think it's allowed to put in a link from one forum to another, i may be wrong.

revmaxx is or was run by a known fraud. it's all facts. let me know if i can post the link..
Old 12-28-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I didn't know stock converters sucked... I mean a lot of them last over 200k miles... So IF a revmax is just a opened up restalled stock converter then cool. Its not a bad mod for someone wanting to throw something cheap in their mild modded street car. And from what I saw revmax has a 1 year warranty too just like yank. But no offense to yank but if they are the best product on the market a 1 year warranty is not showing well for them. One year isn't ****... It goes by real fast... What if anyone drives their toy a lot and 15k miles in 1 year isn't much. IF you drive it that much

Now look at it this way. Nitrous outlet. Harris speed. And nitrous express are all sponsors on here. For basic nitrous kits harris speed and nitrous outlet are damn near half the cost of a nitrous express kit. And harris speed and nitrous outlet are just as quality as nitrous express... The whole paying the higher price doesn't always get u a better product
Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Black99TransAm
Wow. I didn't know stock converters sucked... I mean a lot of them last over 200k miles... So IF a revmax is just a opened up restalled stock converter then cool. Its not a bad mod for someone wanting to throw something cheap in their mild modded street car. And from what I saw revmax has a 1 year warranty too just like yank. But no offense to yank but if they are the best product on the market a 1 year warranty is not showing well for them. One year isn't ****... It goes by real fast... What if anyone drives their toy a lot and 15k miles in 1 year isn't much. IF you drive it that much

Now look at it this way. Nitrous outlet. Harris speed. And nitrous express are all sponsors on here. For basic nitrous kits harris speed and nitrous outlet are damn near half the cost of a nitrous express kit. And harris speed and nitrous outlet are just as quality as nitrous express... The whole paying the higher price doesn't always get u a better product
You don't pay much attention to above post that explains why they suck do you? It isn't all about paying the higher price. Im guessing you have a revmax since you are supporting it
Old 12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I have a circle d 3000. And yes I did read the above. Maybe you didn't read me clarifying that. Christ our f bodies have a s10 rear end. And revmax according to you is a restalled cavalier converter. Yayy where is your proof. Did u work for them? And maybe a converter sponsor can explain how a stock f body converter is Soooooo much better then a stock cavalier converter
Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Black99TransAm
No I have a circle d 3000. And yes I did read the above. Maybe you didn't read me clarifying that. Christ our f bodies have a s10 rear end. And revmax according to you is a restalled cavalier converter. Yayy where is your proof. Did u work for them? And maybe a converter sponsor can explain how a stock f body converter is Soooooo much better then a stock cavalier converter
Talk to who said it. Why are you comparing suposid "performance converters" to stock converters?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Ur dumb because Yank and Circle D both have atleast 1 year warrantys on the converters. None of what you said makes any sense
And my Revmaxx has a 2 yr warrenty with it..

You don't pay much attention to above post that explains why they suck do you? It isn't all about paying the higher price. Im guessing you have a revmax since you are supporting it
It seems like the only people who say that the revmaxx converters suck is the people who Yanks.. I for one have a Revmaxx converter and I will tell you that it doesnt suck.. If you guys only use the best quality parts and what not then why are you driving a f-body and not a better made car like a Vette or Caddy? This thread is asking whoever has a Revmaxx how are they.. All you guys talking crap about revmaxx converters dont even have one.. The thread wasnt about comparing Yank to Revmaxx. I spent 260.00 on my Converter and I got exactly what I wanted out of my car, you guys with your Yanks spent 700.00 for a Yank and got what you wanted out of your cars. Whats the point?? How is one better then the other when both people got what they wanted out of there cars??
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

A lockup street converter for my car from Yank is 845.00.. I could have gotton a super stock non lockup converter for 725.00.. I wanted a Lockup converter and I got one for 260.00 shipped..
Old 12-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Restricted User

And my Revmaxx has a 2 yr warrenty with it..

It seems like the only people who say that the revmaxx converters suck is the people who Yanks.. I for one have a Revmaxx converter and I will tell you that it doesnt suck.. If you guys only use the best quality parts and what not then why are you driving a f-body and not a better made car like a Vette or Caddy? This thread is asking whoever has a Revmaxx how are they.. All you guys talking crap about revmaxx converters dont even have one.. The thread wasnt about comparing Yank to Revmaxx. I spent 260.00 on my Converter and I got exactly what I wanted out of my car, you guys with your Yanks spent 700.00 for a Yank and got what you wanted out of your cars. Whats the point?? How is one better then the other when both people got what they wanted out of there cars??
I drive an f-body because all my friends fit in it on road trips and it is a more fun weekend car since it fits more people and so on....
Old 12-29-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

A lockup street converter for my car from Yank is 845.00.. I could have gotton a super stock non lockup converter for 725.00.. I wanted a Lockup converter and I got one for 260.00 shipped..
Again, you lack basic comprehension skills. But since you are having so much trouble with this.....We ARE talking about Yanks SS line which IS a lock-up billet front unit

http://www.converter.cc/converters/street/GM/1/

And this, is to help you get a little closer to being converter educated.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...education.html
Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jsmith564
:fu nny:

i read some info sarge posted about revmaxx bull **** converters. i would post the link but i dont think it's allowed to put in a link from one forum to another, i may be wrong.

revmaxx is or was run by a known fraud. it's all facts. let me know if i can post the link..
Post the link i want to see this lol. As for people thinkiing they got a good deal for 260 bucks on a revmaxx wait till it grenades your trans then come back and support them
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

You are confused. The $845 converters are RACE LOCKUP converters, meaning they are made to lock at WOT during a race to increase top end efficiency.

The SS line lock up like stock at part throttle for highway mileage.

And for what it's worth, I got my converter used here for $450 shipped.

Worth it to me for the billet end cap and knowing the lockup friction is engineered for a v8/heavy car instead of a restalled smaller stock stall.

While the cheap converters will work and probably do their job well, the lockup clutches will be more prone to wear and malfunction with time behind a v8 torque and pulling the weight of a heavier car.

IIRC it only costs ~$250 for Yank to rebuild your converter when it wears out too. So for the same price as replacing it with a budget converter you can get the unit rebuilt. Just a slightly higher up front cost.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RED94Z28
Post the link i want to see this lol. As for people thinkiing they got a good deal for 260 bucks on a revmaxx wait till it grenades your trans then come back and support them
I will be the 1st to say that they broke or what not but please dont even tell me that a Yank converter has never broke or torn up a tranny....
Old 12-29-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Again, you lack basic comprehension skills. But since you are having so much trouble with this.....We ARE talking about Yanks SS line which IS a lock-up billet front unit

http://www.converter.cc/converters/street/GM/1/

And this, is to help you get a little closer to being converter educated.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...education.html

I spent 260.00 on my Converter and I got exactly what I wanted out of my car, you guys with your Yanks spent 700.00 for a Yank and got what you wanted out of your cars. Whats the point?? How is one better then the other when both people got what they wanted out of there cars??

Once again I ask what does this have to do with the thread? The thread is asking about people who have Revmaxx Converters to post what they think of them.. Not for people who dont have Revmaxx Converters to post what they think of something that they have never had..

I dont worry about not having the best part out there for my car because I dont care about that. If something works for 500.00 cheaper then I am going to get that. Why do so many people get Pacesetter Headers and not go with Kooks or SLP? By your logic Kooks and SLP are better quality and Pacesetters are crap and not worth it. I am also married with Children so telling my wife I just spent 260.00 shipped on a converter is alot easier then telling her I spent 725.00 + shipping on a converter..
Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
You are confused. The $845 converters are RACE LOCKUP converters, meaning they are made to lock at WOT during a race to increase top end efficiency.

The SS line lock up like stock at part throttle for highway mileage.
I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up in an adult manner.

Quick Reply: revmax converters