Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

revmax converters

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
I spent 260.00 on my Converter and I got exactly what I wanted out of my car, you guys with your Yanks spent 700.00 for a Yank and got what you wanted out of your cars. Whats the point?? How is one better then the other when both people got what they wanted out of there cars??

Once again I ask what does this have to do with the thread? The thread is asking about people who have Revmaxx Converters to post what they think of them.. Not for people who dont have Revmaxx Converters to post what they think of something that they have never had..

I dont worry about not having the best part out there for my car because I dont care about that. If something works for 500.00 cheaper then I am going to get that. Why do so many people get Pacesetter Headers and not go with Kooks or SLP? By your logic Kooks and SLP are better quality and Pacesetters are crap and not worth it. I am also married with Children so telling my wife I just spent 260.00 shipped on a converter is alot easier then telling her I spent 725.00 + shipping on a converter..
Lmao now your comparing CONVERTERS TO HEADERS. People buy pacesetter because they are a proven good headers everywhere on here. Headers can't really fail like a converter can and cause thousands of dollars in damage. The worst thing you can get is an exhaust leak lol. Once again a converter is an INTERNAL in your transmission. It is like putting in no name internals in your engine. Would you do that to? No one is saying spend $700+. You can get a better converter than your revmax. Circle D makes a Great 3200 converter for $395 and Yank as a 2800 ffor $425
Old 12-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Restricted User

Just found Circle D has a 30 day gurantee and also has a 2 year waranty with a free cleaning and free stall change. Yank also has a 2 year warranty. And they are both on this forum to help with problems you have. Is your revmax on this forum?
Old 12-29-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z99ls1
No one is saying that you shouldn't get it because it is going to break the first thing when you put it in. If you buy a Yank or Circle D instead of that converter the car is going to run faster because there is alot better parts inside these converters. This is how you get what you pay for. The converter you have probably is as effiecient as dog ****. There is a reason it is $200. And yanks and Circle D stalls are not $1000. The same size converter you have you can get from Yank or Circle D for $400 so quit with the $1000 converter b.s. And as far as you talking about breaking a yank converter and "being out $1000". Ur dumb because Yank and Circle D both have atleast 1 year warrantys on the converters. None of what you said makes any sense
Lmao now your comparing CONVERTERS TO HEADERS. People buy pacesetter because they are a proven good headers everywhere on here. Headers can't really fail like a converter can and cause thousands of dollars in damage. The worst thing you can get is an exhaust leak lol. Once again a converter is an INTERNAL in your transmission. It is like putting in no name internals in your engine. Would you do that to? No one is saying spend $700+. You can get a better converter than your revmax. Circle D makes a Great 3200 converter for $395 and Yank as a 2800 ffor $425

You said it yourself. Yanks are not better because they dont break they are better because there more effiecent due to the quality of the parts.. Thats why I am comparing Headers. I can say for a fact that Kooks are a better quality header then Pacesetter. There for it is more efficient then Pacesetter Headers I am assuming using your logic? If thats the case why get Pacesetter headers? I can tell you why.. People gave them a chance and they made a good rep for being a good cheap header for your car. Just like your circle D converters did and just like Revmaxx is trying to do though people who give them a chance like me and many others..
Old 12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Hey dood, just so you know. Yank converters are being sold through GM Performance Parts. They are a stock/performance warrantied part for new cars. Try that with Revmax You fail
Old 12-29-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here ya go, read up cutie

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...nce-parts.html
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone know what the Revmax converters look like inside?

They might be a decent product (granted not as heavy duty). We are still working on the assumption they are like crap brands.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

i am running there 3800 no problms so far buddy of mine running one is his dodge cummins 800 foot pounds of tourge he has not any problems either
Old 12-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Restricted User

http://revmaxconverters.com/torque-c...e-1999-stage-3

There is revmax sight. 5000rpm stall converters for $299 is a joke. There is no way
Old 12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Restricted User

Btw even there $725 "level 5" converters only come with a one year warranty. So tell me again 1998silverbird how long your warranty is? You said two years, but im seeing on there sight that it is def only 1 year. Did you say a fib?

Revmax

Each torque converter we sell is backed by our performance warranty. All of our Level 1, 2, 3 , 4 and 5 car and level 1, 2 and 3 truck /diesel units come with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty
Old 12-29-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

everybody here iz talking outa their asz,saying their junk, blah blah.... but have not have any experience with them.... i have their basic one with just a anti balloning plate and have hit it with 150shot sooo many times on my heavy goat.. and it has yet to fail....by the way ive been to the track every single weekend for the past 2 months hitting it with nitrous off the line and is still good.....
Old 12-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Boy, am I glad I read this. I'm still running stock converter, and it's
probably weaker than Revmax. I will replace it immediately.
While I'm at it, I'm going to rip that steel crankshaft off and put
something forged in it. Those ridiculously cheap Pro Mags have to go
as well, I'm thinking Jesel shaft mounted rockers, at least.
No more LS1 aluminum drive shaft for me, I'm going chromemoly.
Stock rear end? no way, Strange 12 bolt at minimum.
In fact, I'll just get rid of this pile of junk and buy Porshe 911 turbo.
Expensive? yes, but you get what you pay for.
I feel better now, time for a sandwich....what, hell no, I'm going to
fly in the best French chef to my house, so he can make me the
best sandwich---you get what you pay for.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

lmao... and that's the way people in the forums think....has to be super expensive for it to work....
not in this case.... go with a revmax you won't be dissapointed....I'm actually thinking of having them restall it to a 4k to get me outa the hole faster since i run 28in slicks on the stock 3.46s..
Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

looks like revmax going to repeat the pacesetter headers story. I remember many years back when everyone blame them because their price,cheap materials and bla bla bla... Now is one the best budget headers options outthere. For now i only see new people talking good thinks about revmax. For me that means something, probably they worth their price tag for people in strech budget...just my .02 cents
Old 12-29-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im still trying to figure out how come we are talking about Yank and circle D converters when the OP asked about revmax converters.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by bolek
Pay attention. We are saying they are not effiecient. We are not saying they are going to break right away and I have showed that im not saying to buy the most exspensive one. The ones that are known to be good converters are built profesional with the best tools for great efficiency and so on. When you make the conver "more loose" there is a science to getting them to be efficient. Look at the converters on revmax, they are around the stock converter size 300mm. Look at Circle D/Yank. 245mm. Even there "stage 5" converter is a 300mm. No comparison. Why go though pulling the transmission and doing all that work to put a converter in that isnt much better than stock?
Old 12-30-2010, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Everyone knows (or should) that TCI entry levels are crap converters. That DOES NOT mean they can't cut decent 60 ft times. That does not mean every one is going to break. You do hear of TCI success stories. The differences in performance of a functioning TCI Cavalier converter and a Yank may be minimal. The differences will be in quality, longevity, small company customer service and expert know how for that particular application. The point I have argued from the beginning is in the manufacturing process. The billet converters are just plain a better product, no matter who makes it. Huge difference in lock up clutch surface area for one thing. And this IS a big deal bc THIS is what fails most on budget converters. It is not the converters themselves that fail most of the time. Anyone with any experience would already know this. The fact that i'm explaining it means we have a bunch of trigger happy idiots who think they have found a pot of gold. If you think Yank/Circle D/FTI is getting rich over there with their super expensive $700 converters, you'd be wrong. And for anyone who thinks thats too expensive, maybe you shouldn't be modding a car. Maybe you should play with hot wheels. i heard they are .99 at Wal-Mart.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmith564
:fu nny:

i read some info sarge posted about revmaxx bull **** converters. i would post the link but i dont think it's allowed to put in a link from one forum to another, i may be wrong.

revmaxx is or was run by a known fraud. it's all facts. let me know if i can post the link..
lol yeah, actually me and sarge were going at it on the other forum but sarge has a big point on the buisness aspect of the company that kinda scares me. Revmax works i wont deny that and they are super affordable compared to other companys.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

Btw even there $725 "level 5" converters only come with a one year warranty. So tell me again 1998silverbird how long your warranty is? You said two years, but im seeing on there sight that it is def only 1 year. Did you say a fib?

Revmax

Each torque converter we sell is backed by our performance warranty. All of our Level 1, 2, 3 , 4 and 5 car and level 1, 2 and 3 truck /diesel units come with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty
I did not purchase it from there website I won it on a best offer bid on ebay were I also called up the company and said I want it with a 2yr unlimited mile warrenty since I really dont drive my car a whole lot. He had no problem with giving me an extended warrenty for it. Cost me 210.00 for the converter, 20.00 for the extra year warrenty and 30.00 for shipping.. You do have to pay for the extra year warrenty but when I bought mine a while back they only charged me 20.00 more dollars for it. So yes for 230.00 I got my converter with a 2yr warrenty.. The converter I got is rated at 500 hp . I have it in my LT1 which in the future will have bolt ons.

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 12-30-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Regular

Pay attention. We are saying they are not effiecient. We are not saying they are going to break right away and I have showed that im not saying to buy the most exspensive one. The ones that are known to be good converters are built profesional with the best tools for great efficiency and so on. When you make the conver "more loose" there is a science to getting them to be efficient. Look at the converters on revmax, they are around the stock converter size 300mm. Look at Circle D/Yank. 245mm. Even there "stage 5" converter is a 300mm. No comparison. Why go though pulling the transmission and doing all that work to put a converter in that isnt much better than stock?

But you said that your not saying they are going to break? Which is it? Hell a Yank isnt going to break right away either.. Your point??
Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fastsspr
looks like revmax going to repeat the pacesetter headers story. I remember many years back when everyone blame them because their price,cheap materials and bla bla bla... Now is one the best budget headers options outthere. For now i only see new people talking good thinks about revmax. For me that means something, probably they worth their price tag for people in strech budget...just my .02 cents
I joined this site back in 2003 so I really dont consider myself a new person on this site..

Or in my case worth the price because I dont plan on making outrageouse amounts of power even though they have held up to that in the past as well..

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
lmao... and that's the way people in the forums think....has to be super expensive for it to work....
not in this case.... go with a revmax you won't be dissapointed....I'm actually thinking of having them restall it to a 4k to get me outa the hole faster since i run 28in slicks on the stock 3.46s..
Originally Posted by bolek
Originally Posted by mike.d
i am running there 3800 no problms so far buddy of mine running one is his dodge cummins 800 foot pounds of tourge he has not any problems either

Impossible.. I dont believe any of it.. How can something be good and be cheap??

I wonder if GM would put our a new car that has the Power of a Vette, still look cool, but be made with not as good quality of parts and have a back seat would people still buy it? Even if it had a crappy Rear end, Not handle as good as a vette, and make all kinds of noises when you hit bumps and crap.. Oh and have a stupid hump in the floor.. Would you still buy it?? Why??

Quick Reply: revmax converters