Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

revmax converters

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Everyone knows (or should) that TCI entry levels are crap converters. That DOES NOT mean they can't cut decent 60 ft times. That does not mean every one is going to break. You do hear of TCI success stories. The differences in performance of a functioning TCI Cavalier converter and a Yank may be minimal. The differences will be in quality, longevity, small company customer service and expert know how for that particular application. The point I have argued from the beginning is in the manufacturing process. The billet converters are just plain a better product, no matter who makes it. Huge difference in lock up clutch surface area for one thing. And this IS a big deal bc THIS is what fails most on budget converters. It is not the converters themselves that fail most of the time. Anyone with any experience would already know this. The fact that i'm explaining it means we have a bunch of trigger happy idiots who think they have found a pot of gold. If you think Yank/Circle D/FTI is getting rich over there with their super expensive $700 converters, you'd be wrong. And for anyone who thinks thats too expensive, maybe you shouldn't be modding a car. Maybe you should play with hot wheels. i heard they are .99 at Wal-Mart.
Your the idiot. How many times do you hear it from people in this thread that say they dont care about Yank or the other companies as this thread is about Revmaxx and people who run Revmaxx? Get off of Yanks Nutz. They are great converters and no body is denying that. You drive F-bodies which are not a quality made car and your excited about putting a quality made part in your not so quality made car... Congrats..

Your on here talking **** on people because they have found a Cheaper way to get a performance TQ converter into an F-body for perhaps people who dont have the 725.00 Plus shipping for a Yank, Or the 500.00 For a Yank Stock replacement.. Not everyone has that kind of money to mod a car. Does that mean they should not mod it? No.. They just need to find other options out there and this is another option for them.. Instead of you bashing us and saying we shouldnt mod our cars because we are not using Yank converter and should go play with Hot wheels maybe you should step back and think about what you are saying before you pull your trigger. Your bashing on us for posting our own dealings with Revmaxx when you dont even have a Revmaxx converter.

So tell us your exsperience with Revmaxx converters since you said you have had Budget converters in the past? I take it a Budget converter is anything less then a Yank correct? Is so then if it is not a Yank it is a piece of crap right?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Hey dipshit, my first converter was NOT a Yank. Did it do what I wanted, yes. Does that means it was worth the money I paid for it? Yeah prolly so. Was it anything more then a glorified Cavalier converter....NOPE, thats all it was and would ever be. And as far as riding Yanks dick.....slap yourself. I could name a bunch of better converter companies who build way better products with much more expertise then your shitty Revmaxs.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
TECH Regular

It is not the converters themselves that fail most of the time. Anyone with any experience would already know this. The fact that i'm explaining it means we have a bunch of trigger happy idiots who think they have found a pot of gold.
Hey dipshit, my first converter was NOT a Yank. Did it do what I wanted, yes. Does that means it was worth the money I paid for it? Yeah prolly so. Was it anything more then a glorified Cavalier converter....NOPE, thats all it was and would ever be. And as far as riding Yanks dick.....slap yourself. I could name a bunch of better converter companies who build way better products with much more expertise then your shitty Revmaxs.

So what you are saying is that you had a good exsperience with a Budget Converter and it was worth the money and did what it was suppose to do. Now you are talking **** on us for doing the same thing that you did when you got your 1st converter.. Once again maybe you should proof read before you post.. So its okay that you got a Budget converter for your 1st converter but its not ok when others did the same?

I could name a bunch of other cars out there other then the F-body that are better quality but yet you still have a F-body... interesting how someone who is all about buying quality products would be driving a f-body and bitching about budget converters..
Old 12-30-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

guy, you are really cocky aren't you.:
how fast is your car with the yank converter?
i went 11.1 in my heavy asz goat here in AZnot too long ago...... with a gm cam and stock heads,stock tranny, stock rear end.... with a shitty predator tune and 100% torque managment......
don't sit there nd say that revmax arent efficient....i went from running 13.4 to 12.8 just by changing the stall...no tune no nothing.....
Old 12-30-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
guy, you are really cocky aren't you.:
how fast is your car with the yank converter?
i went 11.1 in my heavy asz goat here in AZnot too long ago...... with a gm cam and stock heads,stock tranny, stock rear end.... with a shitty predator tune and 100% torque managment......
don't sit there nd say that revmax arent efficient....i went from running 13.4 to 12.8 just by changing the stall...no tune no nothing.....
BS.. Impossible. You must be mistaken. You gained 4/10's with a part that costs 300.00? How can that be?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow........

So basically these are the cliff notes of the thread (leaving out the pissing match):

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
Got a revmax in my 95 Firehawk 3200 stall. Love it. Made the car a blast to drive.
Not me.. Have around 4000 miles on it and 8 passes at the track with it..
Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
iv got 1000 miles on my revmax with anti ballon plates and it hasnt missed a beat. 3200 here best 60' so far is a 1.76 with a lil tire spin still, and untuned
... i have their basic one with just a anti balloning plate and have hit it with 150shot sooo many times on my heavy goat.. and it has yet to fail....by the way ive been to the track every single weekend for the past 2 months hitting it with nitrous off the line and is still good.....
everybody here iz talking outa their asz,saying their junk, blah blah.... but have not have any experience with them.... i have their basic one with just a anti balloning plate and have hit it with 150shot sooo many times on my heavy goat.. and it has yet to fail....by the way ive been to the track every single weekend for the past 2 months hitting it with nitrous off the line and is still good.....

These are all the people who have Revmax converters and posted in the thread. They all have positive experiances. Anyone have a Revmax converter fail on them yet? If so what failed and do you have pics?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tg580
Well, i just got my car running after a head/cam and all the bolt ons swap and the RevMaxx was the only thing that I went cheap on. I got took in by the sales guy. I flat out asked him why his was so much cheaper than a Yank. His answer was that if you have a 350-400 horse car, Yank is going to sell you the same stall as if you were laying down 700 horse. He told me he could sell me one comparable in price to the Yank but that I didn't need all that. I did do two upgrades to mine. The anti ballon plates and carbon mesh that was supposed to make it more streetable. When I first got the car out it seemed like I had to put a lot of peddle into it to get it going. After a few miles it wasn't as bad. The converter seems to be doing its job well. Now i just need to get the car in for the dyno tune. Can't wait!
Originally Posted by kb274868123
Had my 3500 stall for about 6 months no issues so far. Got my for 330 shipped also
Originally Posted by mike.d
i am running there 3800 no problms so far buddy of mine running one is his dodge cummins 800 foot pounds of tourge he has not any problems either
Here are 3 others..
Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Carry on girls, yall are entertaining.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks, I'm at work and just skimmed through I knew I probably missed a few.

Anyone have a Revmaxx fail on them?

I got a Yank SS4k on the way to me I bought for $675 shipped. I went with Yank because if it lasts and saves me the cost of one trans rebuild and one converter it's paid for itself. My woman on the otherhand is looking to get an cheap High milage auto f-body, might point her in this direction. I wouldn't let her put a high $$ convertor behind a trans that may or may not be getting ready to grenade.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

You make it real easy for us to be entertaining.. So you still havent answered the question..

Why is it okay for you to buy a Budget converter for your 1st converter but not okay for us to buy one?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

so are u gona rezpond to me?
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Restricted User

I joined this site back in 2003 so I really dont consider myself a new person on this site..

Or in my case worth the price because I dont plan on making outrageouse amounts of power even though they have held up to that in the past as well..

Impossible.. I dont believe any of it.. How can something be good and be cheap??

I wonder if GM would put our a new car that has the Power of a Vette, still look cool, but be made with not as good quality of parts and have a back seat would people still buy it? Even if it had a crappy Rear end, Not handle as good as a vette, and make all kinds of noises when you hit bumps and crap.. Oh and have a stupid hump in the floor.. Would you still buy it?? Why??
Man you are a f***** retard. You just don't get it. Go on with your revmax converters. Have fun puttin the cheapest stuff on ur car. And it sounds like you have some issues with yours lol. Shouldn't have all kinds of noises, might wanna get that checked out, the noises might just be coming from your awesome revmax. Mine has no stupid hump either... Anyway have fun with that jackpot find

Last edited by z99ls1; 12-30-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are 3 others..
U can add me to that list also. i have been driving mine around for awhile with almost 4000 miles on it so far. and so far so good. i still need to take it to the track and see what times i can get.

i originally bought this stall with the antiballooning plates and a trans cooler for a friend and was planning on swapping his T56 into my car, but changed my mind and got stuck with it. now, this is my first stall and dont know how other "good quality" ones feel. before i bought him the stall, i did some research about them, and found many ppl running them, especially diesel trucks, with no problems.

i dont see what the name-calling and bickering is all about. its simple. if u have any experience with revmaxx, then post up ur opinion about them. i dont understand why someone would bash a product that they have never owned or dont have any experience with.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Man you are a f***** retard. You just don't get it. Go on with your revmax converters. Have fun puttin the cheapest stuff on ur car. And it sounds like you have some issues with yours lol. Shouldn't have all kinds of noises, might wanna get that checked out, the noises might just be coming from your awesome revmax. Mine has no stupid hump either... Anyway have fun with that jackpot find

Please explain to me what I dont get? We found another converter that is very affordable and we post about how it works in our cars..

You have Pacetter Headers which are cheap Headers so you to put cheap stuff on your car as well..

You must have the best built f-body on the planet if it doesnt make any noise at all when it hits bumps and what not. I would also like to know how did you get rid of the hump on the passenger side floor?

I am having fun with my Jackpot find as you put it.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Come on guys, myself and I'm sure other people would like to know a little more about these convertors. PMs can be used for this kind of stuff, you guys aren't adding anything but clutter to the thread now.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Restricted User

Please explain to me what I dont get? We found another converter that is very affordable and we post about how it works in our cars..

You have Pacetter Headers which are cheap Headers so you to put cheap stuff on your car as well..

You must have the best built f-body on the planet if it doesnt make any noise at all when it hits bumps and what not. I would also like to know how did you get rid of the hump on the passenger side floor?

I am having fun with my Jackpot find as you put it.
I aient arguing anymore about it. You like it, ok. Thats good. What all do you have done to your 95 firehawk besides the 3200 revmax? Ohh and where did you run your car?

Last edited by z99ls1; 12-30-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I aient arguing anymore about it. You like it, ok. Thats good. What all do you have done to your 95 firehawk besides the 3200 revmax? Ohh and where did you run your car?
It has an Airfoil Which was purchased off Ebay so I assume it is not as good quality as a brand name airfoil but hell it cost 10.00 shipped,and the stall converter.. Pretty heavily modded as you can see.. I cut a 1.993 60' with my street tires. Want to get some DR's and try to cut a 1.7 ish 60'. Would put me close to a 12 second pass then.. Not bad with about 270.00 worth of mods.. I ran the car at Atco Raceway in NJ..
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

I see this thread lost its original topic as well once revmax was mentioned lol
Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 PM

Default Revmax

Any updates? Thinking about getting their 3200. Bump!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Holy **** we need 2 Revmax threads at the top of the auto-trans section?

Quick Reply: revmax converters