Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have to give a big shout out to PTC and Thunder Racing! Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have to give a big shout out to PTC and Thunder Racing! Thanks

First off I would like to thank Kenny over at PTC for all his help and being the great guy that he is! I would recommend there service to anyone for all there transmission and stall converter needs. The story is, I bought a PTC built torque converter and th350 from them a few months ago to replace the 4L60E tranny that was already in the car. When Shane (at Thunder Racing) went to install the transmission we noticed that the converter wouldn't line up to the factory fly wheel. So we had to install a TCI fly wheel to make it fit. I called Kenny over at PTC and told him what was going on and he gave me an instant credit for the cost of the fly wheel. We get everything installed and found that we where having trouble with the shifter going into gear with the factory shifter. Again I called Kenny about buying a shifter and he shipped a TCI Thunder stick shifter to Thunder racing free of charge to me. I was completely blown away by this and you can bet they now have a customer for life. I also want to thank Shane and John over at Thunder Racing for putting up with all my nagging and gripping and helping out with all of these issues. Thunder has gone above and beyond to keep this suspension and transmission swap on budget for me and when I tell you they do top notch work, they are second to none! Thanks guys, everything looked great when I went to check on my car yesterday. I do have one question though. How the hell do you guys stay so clean when you are working on someone’s car? I get grease from my head to my toe and these guys don't even have grease under the finger nails!! LOL Thanks again guys for all the help! It doesn't matter if you are broke like me or if you have a tone of money to spend on your car PTC or Thunder Racing will treat you the same.
Thanks
Eric Albarado

http://www.thunderracing.com/

http://www.ptcrace.com/
Old 06-25-2010, 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, Eric! We are finishing up the shifter now and have the car scaled and squared. Should be all set for some track times...

Thanks for the kind words!

Shane
Old 06-27-2010, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

I've got a PTC converter in my car and I'm very pleased with it
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Yea man, there **** works as good or better than the top brand **** for half the cost.. After dealing with them I will never use anything else. All I am waiting on now to try it out at the track is the new set of DR's for the rear!! Hoping to make at least a 10.80 pass with the suspension and new tranny.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

Originally Posted by odarabla
Yea man, there **** works as good or better than the top brand **** for half the cost.. After dealing with them I will never use anything else. All I am waiting on now to try it out at the track is the new set of DR's for the rear!! Hoping to make at least a 10.80 pass with the suspension and new tranny.

Good Luck
Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

i like mine too. thats awesome service right there. didnt know a company would actually do that lol.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
Good Luck
Thanks man.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSmoken
i like mine too. thats awesome service right there. didnt know a company would actually do that lol.
I thought for sure he was gonna ask me why didn't I just send the converter back to him to be built right. When I told him about the issue he asked how much I paid for the flexplate and he just said o.k. I will give you a credit for that amount. He also bought my 4L60E converter back from me for more than I was going to sell it for. I think I paid $475.00 for it 3 years ago and he bought it back from me for $350.00. I was like
Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by odarabla
I thought for sure he was gonna ask me why didn't I just send the converter back to him to be built right. When I told him about the issue he asked how much I paid for the flexplate and he just said o.k. I will give you a credit for that amount. He also bought my 4L60E converter back from me for more than I was going to sell it for. I think I paid $475.00 for it 3 years ago and he bought it back from me for $350.00. I was like
wow thats crazy!!!