Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on Escalade Transmission rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlsonauto
If its flaring on the 2-3 ted is correct the band is releasing before the 3-4 clutch applies. The servo pin being too short could certainly do that. I think I remember you saying somewhere earlier that you didnt put the corvette sero in either, the corvette servo will also help "tighten" up the 2-3 shift as well.
Your memory is correct, I didnt put in the corvette servo. I figured I could add it at a later date without removing the tranny so I decided to wait. At nay rate I am putting a new pin in maybe tomorrow or the next day weather permitting and we will know if the shifting is better. I am still thinking I may put in the corvette servo though.

I do wonder why the flare only infrequently happens instead of all the time. You would think that a mechanical thing like that pin being too short would cause a repetitive flare. I wonder if the shifting will still be under the influence of the adaptave learning shifting compensation it probably implemented from the bad pressure switch? Or does that revert back when you get the codes removed that were set. I took the battery cable off and that turned off the CEL after leaving it off all night.

Thanks for the help on this carlsonauto!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

It could be that the adaptive has compensated for it in cetain instances and has not or can not compensate in other instances.

Either way I would try to get it sorted out before you are putting new 3-4 clutches in it again.. A shift flare is not good for friction material longevity...

Did you put an aftermarket boost valve in or leave the stock one??

What did you do if anything in the tcc regulator valve bore??

Im sure this has all been covered in previous posts but I dont recall and 9 pages takes a long time to read.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

It could be that the adaptive has compensated for it in cetain instances and has not or can not compensate in other instances.

Either way I would try to get it sorted out before you are putting new 3-4 clutches in it again.. A shift flare is not good for friction material longevity...

Did you put an aftermarket boost valve in or leave the stock one??

What did you do if anything in the tcc regulator valve bore??

Im sure this has all been covered in previous posts but I dont recall and 9 pages takes a long time to read.
Even though I do have the tranny back in the vehicle I am not using it for anything other than relatively short test drives and nothing too stressful. I am concerned precisely because of what you say about possibly burning up the 3-4 clutches. I want to emphasize that this flare condition I am having here seems very minor to me and is not a frequent occurance. Instead I would say it only has occure maybe 3 tmes total since I got it back in he truck and those times were on separate test drives. But I agree it isnt right and if I need to do whatever to correct it I want to do that before I put it in use and damage it.

I have not replaced the boost valve and have done nothing with the TCC valve or bore. I felt that i could fix these issues if they became eviden as an issue without pulling the transmission. I did not have any codes set prior to removing the transmission unless they did not light up the CEL. The only code I had when I took it to the transmission shop was the one relating to the pressure control switch. I never had a code related to the TCC valve or that 1870 code which I understand is a frequent occurance. Would I have that code being set if I had a problem with the bore on the TCC and would it light the CEL?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

I only asked about the boost valve and tcc regulator for curiousity purposes. Neither has anything to do with your issue. No big deal was just curious.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

I only asked about the boost valve and tcc regulator for curiousity purposes. Neither has anything to do with your issue. No big deal was just curious.
I thought so maybe but I thought I would reply with a reason that I did not do anything with those. YET! I may still do those improvements and am seriously thinking of doing the corvette servo as well.

I just put the new servo pin in and I used the oem pin with the 2 groove tip that was in it and it runs perfect. No flare and the shifts are very nice with no flare. I am almost afraid to say it out loud for fear I may jinx it. lmao

I cant tell you all how much I appreciate all the help along the way! this forum rules!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Received 426 Likes on 325 Posts

Glad to hear you got it all fixed and running perfectly now!!
And glad to help; it was educational for me too.

Ted.

Quick Reply: Need advice on Escalade Transmission rebuild