Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP!!! 4l60E - FLT/Yank VS Performabuilt/PS Conv.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! 4l60E - FLT/Yank VS Performabuilt/PS Conv.

Okay guys, I know there are tons of people asking who should build their transmission and why.. Well I am Almost asking the same thing. haha, I have narrowed down to two.

-Level 4 FLT transmission with a Yank Power adder series converter..

OR

-Performabuilt Level 2 with their recomended 9.5 inch custom built Perfect shift converter.

I am wanting to handle AT MOST 600 rwhp. After research, they are virtually the same price.. I am leaning more towards the FLT with the Yank.. but I havent totally decided. Just looking for some opinions and maybe a few personal experiences with both companys. Thanks!!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Flt ftw. They build great transmissions and I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them. I personally have one of their level 3 60e with an ss3600 converter and it drives awesome. Yank and FLT work together alot so if you bought a yank unit they can send it to FLT and it will be tested along with your new transmission on their dyno then send both together complete. Give them a call and they'll help you out. Chuck is the man he's answered emails and stayed late at the shop to call me a few times. Top notch guy.

Iv heard many mixed things about performabuilt and some are not so great.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

We have actualy had BOTH of those exact trans,
from those two companys in the same 407RWHP car!

The FLT LVL4 performed flawless!

Also had a YANK PT4000,it performed flawless!

GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

I'll give you my story in brief terms.

06 GTO with a Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E
So many 1.3 60 foots and hwy racing I can't even count. I've had the trans for 4-5 years and I've beat the hell out of the car and I couldn't break it. I even sprayed my 427 with a 150 shot and made 775lbs to the wheels through the auto, 3.91 gears and huge tires. The car has gone many, many, many 10.0-10.2s@130+mph and has even gone 9.9s@137+ on nitrous with my Performabuilt trans. It shifts buttery smooth and never misses a beat at full throttle. I can't seem to kill it. I also know of many other Performabuilt trans guys that love them. Everyone one of them have the same thing to say. Badass transmission with awesome customer service. I even know a guy that went 9.4@149 with the same Performabuilt level 2 trans. Man based on everything I know and have seen at the race track you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by going with Performabuilt. You can get the same trans I have now for around $2,000 which is a steal.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

I have heard nothing but good things about performabuilt Customer Service.. which is a huge plus. But, I have read alot of mixed reviews. Everyone that says they have had an FLT always say the same things... That they are great! I love the customer service aspect of Performabuilt, but I want a Guranteed Good transmission that will last. GRRR!! DAMN the decisions that have to be made, to play!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 PM
9 Second Club

Ive had a PerformaBuilt lv2 for 3years an ran150 BOTTLES bottles of nitrous and ran several high 9sec passes l gave the trans to my bro and he still runs it in a daily driver and went to there T400 with a trans break to run a race circuit. You cant go wrong with performaBuilt and Frank is awesome to talk to
Old 02-26-2013, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

I ran a PB level 3 60E and their converter for several years on the street @ 500rwhp and it held up just fine. Customer service has also been great for all these years!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Default 2nd PB trans

First outing with PB (16 runs at Cecil County) lost overdrive. Took way to much time and effort to get fixed. Rebuilt 2nd one is jacked too. My car has been sitting covered in the garage ever since, maybe this year ill get it fixed again and do some racing. Stock trans shifted better and lasted fine, so I'm putting it back in this spring so I can cancel my AAA membership.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!! 4l60E - FLT/Yank VS Performabuilt/PS Conv.