Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 no shift causes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FranksCustomTrans
When I set my servo up , I am particular that the 2nd and 4th servo have the exact same travel of the pin for the movement of the servo which most times makes necessary to add washers of different thicknesses to get that as shown in photos, Its really important with the aftermarket 4th with a flat bottom as travel is actually pretty limited till the 4th servo hits the second servo.
Of subject note if you ever use the superior servo with the sonnax while you can make it work with just the right washers , The superior servo center disc center needs to be machined down to allow adequate travel .
If I was ever creating a servo I would include the small hump on bottom like GM did to allow for deeper travel, Why servo makers do not it I have no idea, Also the added orings make a huge difference and with older cases a considerable leak exist here of 4th clutch oil. Though ideally oversized bore and pin from sonnax would fix too I still would likely add the orings as they seal solid, Also the factory and sonnax pins with the teflons work pretty well for this.

Thats great thank you!
The following users liked this post:
FranksCustomTrans (05-18-2024)
Old 05-18-2024, 10:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 475 Likes on 325 Posts

Basically when the cap is resting on the center part of servo you want the actual 4th servo to be resting exactly as possible on the washer/pin. clip

Quick Reply: 700R4 no shift causes