Sponsored by:

4L60E is killing me, and my tranny guy#$^#

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E is killing me, and my tranny guy#$^#

heres the problem,
two months ago i broke the output shaft off my tc. i lost lots of fluid and in return 3rd and 4th gears clutches burned out. i took the trans out and took it to the trans shop for all new clutches. 350.00 he said he gave me a $200.00 discount because they rebuilt my trans 10 months befor. well i got it back three days later and reinstalled it. it worked fine untill i gave it alot of gas from a dead stop. when i nailed it from a stop it sounded like the tc was clicking like it does when you put a trans in park while your still rolling. i took it back to the shop and thay said my motor mounts were bad and it was my fan hitting my fan shroud, well that wasnt true. i replaced the motor mounts and it still did it so i took it back. the trans guy said that he didnt know what it was and to just drive it because he didnt think it was the trans but if it messed up again he would fix it for free. well it stopped doing it and then three weeks later i lost third gear while i was cruising down the road.
i had to take the trans out and take it to them for it to get fixed. he wanted to charge me to take it out. it turned out that the third gear clutch had broken in half and the teeth were gone out of the input drum. so they replaced all the clutches and checked the rest of the trans for damage. i got the trans back and one of my buddys helped me get itr back in.
Now it is dfoing the exact same damn thing as before. the trans guy still says that he doesnt think it is the trans.
BTW it shifts alot harder than it did before i had new clutches installed.
Any ideas on what it could be?
THanks
its in my 93 4.3
I HATE DISHONEST PEOPLE
Old 02-02-2005, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Time to get a REAL trans guy.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

Time to get a REAL trans guy.
true story, somebody that actually knows what they are doing perhaps?!?
Old 02-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Teching In

trans are very complexed, I know that from the many times I had the job done it never lasted long. My advice, go to a pro shop or dealer.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:05 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

How much do you want for it?
Originally Posted by severed ties
heres the problem,
two months ago i broke the output shaft off my tc. i lost lots of fluid and in return 3rd and 4th gears clutches burned out. i took the trans out and took it to the trans shop for all new clutches. 350.00 he said he gave me a $200.00 discount because they rebuilt my trans 10 months befor. well i got it back three days later and reinstalled it. it worked fine untill i gave it alot of gas from a dead stop. when i nailed it from a stop it sounded like the tc was clicking like it does when you put a trans in park while your still rolling. i took it back to the shop and thay said my motor mounts were bad and it was my fan hitting my fan shroud, well that wasnt true. i replaced the motor mounts and it still did it so i took it back. the trans guy said that he didnt know what it was and to just drive it because he didnt think it was the trans but if it messed up again he would fix it for free. well it stopped doing it and then three weeks later i lost third gear while i was cruising down the road.
i had to take the trans out and take it to them for it to get fixed. he wanted to charge me to take it out. it turned out that the third gear clutch had broken in half and the teeth were gone out of the input drum. so they replaced all the clutches and checked the rest of the trans for damage. i got the trans back and one of my buddys helped me get itr back in.
Now it is dfoing the exact same damn thing as before. the trans guy still says that he doesnt think it is the trans.
THanks
its in my 93 4.3
I HATE DISHONEST PEOPLE
Old 02-02-2005, 01:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Dave at Rock On transmissions in Krum/Denton Texas and get you a good tranny. It will be right and he will stand behind it. He has different buildups to suit your needs,
Old 02-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
How much do you want for it?
send me a good T56 and ill deliver it to your house.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Call Dave at Rock On transmissions in Krum/Denton Texas and get you a good tranny. It will be right and he will stand behind it. He has different buildups to suit your needs,
what is their #, and how mutch are we talking for sjhipping. that is a good 6 hours away. know of any good ones locally?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

Well i got it back and am driving it. he said he would fix it if it ever breaks again at no cost, but i dont want it to break again. personally i think it is a bad converter whitch is brand new. any body ever heard of a tc doing this befor?
Old 02-04-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Time to find a new tranny guy.

Last edited by gonzo 6.0; 02-04-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Default your tranny

Originally Posted by severed ties
heres the problem,
THanks
its in my 93 4.3
I HATE DISHONEST PEOPLE
If i was u i would check the shift solenoids just to see if they will click. you can take them out and put a wire from a 9v battery with 2 wires and see if they click, if they dont replace them ............ try that and see what happenes....
Old 02-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WS6 wanna be
If i was u i would check the shift solenoids just to see if they will click. you can take them out and put a wire from a 9v battery with 2 wires and see if they click, if they dont replace them ............ try that and see what happenes....
wouldnt that keep it from shifting at all? it shifts really hard and it dos not even have a shift kit.
another thing, before i could hit 100 at 2100rpms but now im hitting 80 at about 3200rpms. a stock 4.3 s-10 out ran me the other day, ,this really fregin sucks.