Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle TC doesn't fit over pump...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuddle TC doesn't fit over pump...

Damn this is the most frustrating experience I've ever been through. After having all these tranny problems, and the long wait to get my rebuild, I thought I finally had everything in order.

My buddy and I went to install my Rock-On 4l60e and the new fuddle TC I got a couple days ago won't slide all the way onto the pump. Anybody else have this happen to them?

My old TCI verter will slide right on to the new tranny. The Fuddle will not slide onto the old tranny. That makes me think the only possible cause is the Fuddle TC. I'll call John first thing in the morning, hopefully he can next day me a new tc.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Matt its just one problem after another for you. I'm sure in the long run it'll work out for you and it'll be 10X better than before John is a great guy so he should get this straightened out. I sent you a PM as well.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kpowr82
My buddy and I went to install my Rock-On 4l60e and the new fuddle TC I got a couple days ago won't slide all the way onto the pump. Anybody else have this happen to them?

I've had that problem with the converter I just pulled out(non Fuddle converter). Took a break, drank a beer, and got some McDonalds......then tried again and it went right on. Sometimes they just don't want to cooperate.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

I've had that problem before, you start to think it is the verter, but keep messing with it. Eventually they go on.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Just be careful and do not force it on. I did that and wound up pulling the trans again to have the pump rebuilt because I forced it on.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not trying to get it on with force. Unfortunately I know all too well what happens when you "force fit" something. I got your PM and responded Jeff. I don't know why this **** happens to me all the time. I'm thinking of just putting this mother back together and selling it :bang
Old 12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
9 Second Club

look in there with a flashlight to see where the splines are all sitting and try to slide it straight on. I had to do that on one after screwing with it for 30 minutes
Old 12-12-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

look in there with a flashlight to see where the splines are all sitting and try to slide it straight on. I had to do that on one after screwing with it for 30 minutes
Man, I've been trying that for hours. The reason I'm questioning the verter is because the stock tc and the old tci tc slide on with absolutely no problem whatsoever. To make things worse, John is out of the office for the WEEK!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:18 PM
9 Second Club

oh snap.....maybe its the wrong snout on the TC......I dunno but I feel your pain.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Just a quick update. I know the Fuddle converters are hot right now and already 112 views on this thread. I just got off the phone with Melissa at Fuddle, and while John is out, she seems clearly capable of hadling the situation. I should be expecting a call from one of the builders in the morning. So far I'm very happy with Fuddles customer service. I'll keep everyone posted as to my progess.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kpowr82
Just a quick update. I know the Fuddle converters are hot right now and already 112 views on this thread. I just got off the phone with Melissa at Fuddle, and while John is out, she seems clearly capable of hadling the situation. I should be expecting a call from one of the builders in the morning. So far I'm very happy with Fuddles customer service. I'll keep everyone posted as to my progess.
I was actually gonna suggest u talk to Melissa cause thats who sold me my stall.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Spoke with Howard today and he's sending out a new tc. Big thumbs up to Fuddle for handling this situation VERY quickly!