Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"That car's hot, man... oh wait, too bad it's an Auto..."

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006 | 07:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JimTA
Huh? Do you mean they are in the 1.2 second range for 60s? Otherwise that doesn't make any sense at all.
I typed that wrong. My bad. What I meant was the difference in 60' from the best street driven 6 speed I know of (Taner) was a 1.39 60' and the Ronnie Duke run was on a 1.24 60'. I meant to compare the two 60's which is actually a difference of .15 in short times on both respective runs. Not to take anything away from Taner. I am extremly impressed with his 60' and ET for that matter. It's hard to not be impressed by the fastest street driven M6 F-body (LT1 no less) in the country.

Again, my bad. I usually reply to this thread early in the morning
Old 02-10-2006 | 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bww3588
thats where i disagree. not doggin the automatic transmission but IMO the maunal transmission puts the driver back into the race. with an auto you mash the gas and go. maby pedle it a little but with a stick you gotta hit the points right, get the clutch out right.......not doggin anyone or anything, IMO an LS1 is an LS1. it dont matter what tranny is in it. but i prefer the M6 because it makes the driver win the race.
I agree with you and respect your reasoning. Just remember that properly setup TH400's are not just mashing the gas. Not all autos are computer controlled so there can be more driver interaction with autos then some manual guys think.
Old 02-10-2006 | 07:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Did I ask you for the lecture?
No. But then again, I don't recall needing your permission to give one either. It's not like my point of view does not have logic, safety and "the law" backing it up.

Dont preach to me about what's legal and not legal. Who said we I or someone was street racing? Couldve been anywhere, couldve been legal. You know what they say about assumptions...
Oh, Please. You were the one who said this:

On the street doing 65+ if a 6 speed pulls up beside you with the same Horsepower and drops it who will win to 120? 6 speed correct? Would it be fair to say the 6 speed is better/faster for all around on the street performance? Ive seen races (from the passenger side seat) where someone is cruising with thier A4 doing 70 then trys to gun it but gets walked by a car with less horsepower and a M6.
Now you want me to believe that these 65+ races all happen under safe and "legal" conditions? Sorry but I was not born yesterday.
Old 02-10-2006 | 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm done. I've said my peace, and your view won't change neither will mine. I go to the track once or twice a month, but if someone wants to race on the street I will find a deserted area and go for it. That doesn't change.
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I agree with you and respect your reasoning. Just remember that properly setup TH400's are not just mashing the gas. Not all autos are computer controlled so there can be more driver interaction with autos then some manual guys think.
you are absolutely correct. and i agree totally. but what makes me mad is when you race someone with a computer controlled auto (4L60E) in your stick shift and they beat you because you missed a shift or somthing, then they tell you how bad of a driver you are. well if he had a stick then i could see his argument, but he had an automatic.....so all he did was feed gas into the "dog", not feed it and walk it at the same time.
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

That would just show you that the driver is an ***. I personally would never tell someone that they are a bad driver because they miss a shift. None of us are perfect, I would just say hey good race, let's run them again.
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
That would just show you that the driver is an ***. I personally would never tell someone that they are a bad driver because they miss a shift. None of us are perfect, I would just say hey good race, let's run them again.
exactly. i wouldnt either. its people like that that hide behind their 4L60Es and talk **** that **** me off.
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

I had someone try to run me with their stick shift and then complain to me that they need tires. Hey you came to me, don't make excuses afterwards. That was a mustang owner btw. Another guy tried to line it with me and he noticed my tires and backed off. He was a manual owner as well but he was a very cool guy since I talked with him afterwards and told me that he saw my tires and thought twice about running me.
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

I had someone try to run me with their stick shift and then complain to me that they need tires. Hey you came to me, don't make excuses afterwards. That was a mustang owner btw. Another guy tried to line it with me and he noticed my tires and backed off. He was a manual owner as well but he was a very cool guy since I talked with him afterwards and told me that he saw my tires and thought twice about running me.
thats awesome.....its good that you dont talk **** to the people that lose to you because of their inability to drive or mistakes made........thats all that pisses me off, thats all.
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

It's all for fun anyway isn't it? Now when money is an issue things get complicated, so I stay away from that side of the sport. I won't personally make bets but if people make bets on me or against me, that's their decision.

Oh that second owner in my previous post had a 2002 NBM SS
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

It's all for fun anyway isn't it? Now when money is an issue things get complicated, so I stay away from that side of the sport. I won't personally make bets but if people make bets on me or against me, that's their decision.
yeah it gets complicted and starts drama when money is involved. i go to N't'l Trail and race for 7 bucks and make ricers look like ****. but some of them can put me in my place.
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

All for fun though. I TRY to respect all cars but the owners on the other hand can make doing that difficult at times.
Old 02-10-2006 | 05:01 PM
Banned

i'll say it ONE MORE TIME....the mule from hardcore is NOT the quickest/fastest LS1 in the country...there are those two other LS1 cars in the 6s (yeah, 1 full second quicker than the mule)
Old 02-10-2006 | 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
i'll say it ONE MORE TIME....the mule from hardcore is NOT the quickest/fastest LS1 in the country...there are those two other LS1 cars in the 6s (yeah, 1 full second quicker than the mule)
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...0507htp_seven/
yes it is. prove us wrong and we will concede. otherwise we have the proof that says it is.
Old 02-10-2006 | 05:41 PM
Banned

dude, do a search for CASPER on this site, or go to wheel to wheel's website and you'll see it for yourself. ****, ronnie duke himself owns a 6 second ls1 powered (kinda) car...get a clue
Old 02-10-2006 | 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

He's talking about this car

Old 02-10-2006 | 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Here's the article

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-Casper-2.aspx
Old 02-10-2006 | 06:01 PM
Banned

Default proving you wrong...

Hardcore Racing’s drag team put the first super-charged LS1 car in the 8’s and the first super-charged LS1 car in the 7's. In October, 2005, Hardcore's single power-adder GTO ran a solid 6.955, 202.65 at the 13th Annual World Street Nationals in Orlando Florida.
Pulled directly from Hardcore Racing's website.

http://www.weracehardcore.com/ and there's a link to their site.

and a pic of the Hardcore Racing car mentioned above (this one however is NOT a production car but it bases on the LSX platform so it counts aswell.

Today Wheel to Wheel Powertrain stands as a full service facility with the ability to tackle almost any task in the world of motorsports from developing trophy winning race engines, technical services, to building complete vehicles. Every project is attacked with an attention to detail as well as proven methods that provide positive results. Including producing the first LS based power adder drag racing engine to break into the 6 second barrier as well as the first N/A engine breaking into the 8's.
that quote pulled from wheel to wheel's website says it all.

and here's a link to their site.
http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-about-2.aspx

here's a little more info on Casper... http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-Casper-2.aspx
and a pic...

oh...by the way, just for an added bonus, neither of those are over 370 cubic inches.. but the Hardcore car was running the new Warhawk block and heads from World Products.
Old 02-10-2006 | 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

hey guess what? thas not an LS1. its an iron block. there were never any iron block LS1's.
Old 02-10-2006 | 06:52 PM
Banned

dude...you get dumber with every post you make...seriously, get a clue, look around on the site here a little. the LSx platform of motors come in both iron and aluminum versions and several different sizes 4.8L-6.0L god i feel dumber from reading your last post.

Quick Reply: "That car's hot, man... oh wait, too bad it's an Auto..."