Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wow.. FLT Stage 3 and Fuddle 3400 installed at Speed Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up wow.. FLT Stage 3 and Fuddle 3400 installed at Speed Inc.

I picked up my car at Speed Inc this morning after having the Fuddle 3400 (that I bought 3 months ago) installed along with an FLT stage 3, TCI flywheel, and a tune. Wow.. thats all I got to say! car has 2.73 gears, lid, and TSP rumbler. Before the trans and converter the car would barley break the tires loose form a standstill when the tires were warm and the shifts where horribly slow... now its just insta-power and spinning tires and the shifts are quick and prescise. just what I was looking for.. time to get to the track and find out how much the times improved.

Also Big thumbs up to Speed Inc too! Its my only car and I could not have the car down for long. Speed got the car done in 2.5 days.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, thats a good turn around time!!! It's a whole new beast now eh!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

May be a decent turn-around for a larger shop, but my guy installed my tranny, cooler, converter, with a new prothane mount in there in a night. Had it ready to go next day.

You'll like the FLT.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:57 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
I picked up my car at Speed Inc this morning after having the Fuddle 3400 (that I bought 3 months ago) installed along with an FLT stage 3, TCI flywheel, and a tune. Wow.. thats all I got to say! car has 2.73 gears, lid, and TSP rumbler. Before the trans and converter the car would barley break the tires loose form a standstill when the tires were warm and the shifts where horribly slow... now its just insta-power and spinning tires and the shifts are quick and prescise. just what I was looking for.. time to get to the track and find out how much the times improved.

Also Big thumbs up to Speed Inc too! Its my only car and I could not have the car down for long. Speed got the car done in 2.5 days.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Also sounds like you got some pretty good customer service from speed inc as well. Enjoy your new upgrade and thank you for the feedback. Vince.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha.. forgot about this thread. Speed Inc's tuning guy could not get to the tune on my car the first day and unexpected cracked stock flywheel caused a little delay as well. Either way its been almost a month with this setup and I'm loving it. I cracked 12's at the track in the car with a horrid 2.08 60' on a 90 deg high humidity day (Eagle F1's have much too stiff a sidewall for drag racing). Next is a rearend rebuild and move to a 3.42 gear with some MT Dr's. hoping to be deep in the 12's after I figure out the best way to launch. Just amazes me because I've really don'e nothing to the engine.

Again I got to say great Trans from FLT and great install and tune By speed Inc!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Just curious, how much did it set you back? Getting some work done there Monday morning and would like to have my trans/tc done next
Old 07-07-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have the receipt handy but in total with the stall, tune, trans, flywheel, labor, misc odds and ends it was just under 3 grand.

Worth it IMO to do it right the first time because just as my buddy found out... stock trans + no torque management + stall + shift kit = Dead trans within in a couple thousand miles and you'll have to take the trans all out and redo it all over.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stock trans + no torque management + stall + shift kit = Dead trans within in a couple thousand miles and you'll have to take the trans all out and redo it all over.
this isn't entirely true. my stock trans has over 10k on it with 50+ track passes and 250+ "street" passes. i've been clicking mid-low 1.6x for over a year on my stock trans. the trans already had 45k on it before i started modding.