Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of TTP's Hi-Pro Stage 3 4L60E Transmission rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do you think of TTP's Hi-Pro Stage 3 4L60E Transmission rebuild?

My car is basically stock at 53,000 miles with a perfectly running transmission, but I have the urge to make the transmission more durable so that I could remove all of the torque management and not have the transmission break on me. I saw this from http://www.ttperformance.net/trans.shtml.

TTP Hi-Pro Stage 3 4L60E Transmission

4L60E Hi-Pro transmission carries the latest in high performance and durability increasing parts. Its perfect for your forced induction or warmed over normally aspirated projects. If you don't have a core to provide us, a core charge is applicable. The core charge will be charged ($450) up front on all units. A refund will be issued after we receive your core unit.

4L60E: Complete disassembly and inspection of all hard parts. All new clutches, bushings, paper and rubber seals. Includes:

Transgo shift kit
13-vane blueprinted pump assembly
Raybestos Pro-Series band or Alto wide-band
Raybestos Blue or Alto Red Devil 3-4 clutches
Modified lock-up controls.
All new electronics.
gapless pump/drum seals .
Billet 1-2 apply servo
Billet 4th gear apply servo
Beast Heavy Duty sun shell assembly
3-4 servo release check-valve
5 pinion rear planetary
We also offer the option of downgrading to the Vette servo for street use.

Transmissions come with a 1 year/12,000 mile limited warranty (Defective parts & labor, not due to abuse if horsepower is higher than 550hp) if transmission is run in spec to rated horsepower.

$1999.95

Since my car is set up to be a true daily driver, I would downgrade to the Vette servo and just reuse my factory torque converter. (I'll probably upgrade the torque converter later to match an aftermarket cam.) This rebuild would be convenient, because I know the shop that offers it and it's only 2 hours away. What do you think? Is this rebuild worth it? How much better will I do in the 1/4 mile with torque management completely removed while using this rebuilt A4? Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited by damon_Z; 06-20-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned

Hey damon. You can talk to a few people that have our trans on the board. One is javaradd, really nice guy I'm sure he'll answer any questions you have.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

My Tranny Is Running Fine Without Tq Mgt And I Have A About 150 More Hp Than You .. I Would Just Do It And If In The Future Your Tranny Blows Then Look Into Rebuilds.. It Wont Really Cost More Since Most Of The Parts That Fail Are Cheep And Little (most Of The Time)... What Your Really Paying For Is Labor With A Transmission .. So Why Not Just Wait ? It May Not Blow For Another 50k Miles??
Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
My Tranny Is Running Fine Without Tq Mgt And I Have A About 150 More Hp Than You .. I Would Just Do It And If In The Future Your Tranny Blows Then Look Into Rebuilds.. It Wont Really Cost More Since Most Of The Parts That Fail Are Cheep And Little (most Of The Time)... What Your Really Paying For Is Labor With A Transmission .. So Why Not Just Wait ? It May Not Blow For Another 50k Miles??
That's not a bad advice--to not fix it unless it's broke. Besides removing torque management, what other solution would you have in eliminating the 2-3 shift hesitation? I read that it had more to do with the clutch separation (whatever that means) than with torque management.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Junkie

2-3 shift hesitation?

do you mean the downshift hesitation when going to wot from a roll?

if so that can be delt with easily
Old 06-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
do you mean the downshift hesitation when going to wot from a roll?

if so that can be delt with easily
Don't know if thats what hes talking about, but I definately want to know how to deal with it!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

wot shift speed tables in hpt also line pressure and shift firmness... is all that aint enough you may mess with forcemotor settings a little to get a desired shift
Old 06-24-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

So, I'll just forget about this rebuild for now and go for a dyno-tune later that will modify my transmission settings.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Your Tranny Should Hold Up Fine For Powerlevles Under 450rwhp.... (400 Rwhp To Be Safe)

And So Long As Your Not Adding Slicks

For A Daily Driver On Street Tires A New Tranny May Not Be A Nessecity For A Long Long Time (its Really Hard To Say)

But I Can Tell You There Is No Real Cost Savings To Getting A Rebuuild Now Over Waiting Until The Things Starts To Fail ...

As Far As Tuneing.. Most "dyno Tunes" Wont Address Part Throddle Settings Very Well.... What I Would Do Is Go Buy A Copy Of Hp Tuners And Just Start Learning A Little About Transmision Settings In The Tuneing Forum.. That Way You Can Tune Your Transmission To Your Likeing... If Not Try To Find Someone Expirenced That Does Street Tunes...
Old 06-24-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jpr you have alot of good info in this post. But why do you use All Caps For Every Word It Is So Freaking Hard To Understand. I'm not flaming you, just curious. I see a lot of people using all caps on the forums and it confuses the hell out of me.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

It has to be a keyboard setting, because it's a lot of work to manually use capital letters for every word that's typed.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Junkie

yep.. my dam computer defaults to caps lock upon every restart and most of the time i forget to take it off....
Old 06-24-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

also the forum automatically converts a post thats in all caps to the format you have seen
Old 06-24-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha alright, I was just curious. I always wonder why some people go through so much trouble to make their post so confusing! Stupid computer settings...

Quick Reply: What do you think of TTP's Hi-Pro Stage 3 4L60E Transmission rebuild?