Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket tranny controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket tranny controller

For you guys running these controllers, which one and why? Need to get one for the 4l60. Thanks
Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss dave
For you guys running these controllers, which one and why? Need to get one for the 4l60. Thanks
I run a (AutoZone's version #911679) Hayden 679 Fin and plate style cooler, cause it's the largest one I could fit.. they say the bigger the better, but I heard TOO large can hurt pressure? maybe someone else can speak up? I also run a deep/Finned pan and wrapped Y-Pipe cause the clearance is tight with the deep pan. dropped Trans temps almost 30* over stock, a must when using a Higher Stall converter, especially because of the less capacity a 9.5" vs a 12"...
also running a cooler T-stat helps keep the heat down on a cruise considering the stock cooler is submerged in the coolant in the bottom of the radiator ..
this is the one (amazon poped up you can get it cheaper througha vendor on here w/o a doubt)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C3BBKS/...ectronicssh-20
Old 01-14-2007, 10:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I use a B&M unit (stacked plate design). I like B&M design the best, seems to be the strongest construction IMO.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I use a B&M unit (stacked plate design). I like B&M design the best, seems to be the strongest construction IMO.
form what i've read the "Stacked" plate and the Fin and Plate are different, with the Fin and plate design "supposedly" more efficient, something about airflow, and the Tube and fin design is "least" efficient because the outer part of the fluid is cooled and over time forms a layer or some ****.. I used to use those style ones until read about the fin and plate.. either way I guess as long as the temps are down it works?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

SSDave,
I don't think anyone read your message...they responsed about trans coolers and pans. You had asked about trans controllers.
I've had good luck with the TCI controllers for the 4L60E. They're fully programmable as far as shift firmness, part throttle and WOT shift points, lockup control and more. They're also plug and play...the easiest one to install on the market. I've got one for sale if you're interested...just PM me.
Thanks.
Rob
Old 01-15-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's OK the info on the coolers is helpful. I was thinking of a Setrab stacked cooler.
As far as controllers I've seen a Hughes unit on Powerblock TV thats was simple, and looking at a TCI. PM comin to u.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Staging Lane

I have used an A/C condensor with very good luck.
They are as wide as the radiator and have lots of cooling capacity.
Clean it out good and bolt it in.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Take a look at COMPUSHIFT too. Very nice unit with alot of cool features. I think they can be found at www.compushift.com.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Racer, that's the unit I saw and wanted from Powerblock TV. It was marketed as a Hughes unit but it is a Compushift. S&P are using them apparently for their LS7 applications according to Mike at Compushift. It will work my 4L60 behind a LME LS7. I liked the simplicity! Thanks, Dave