Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

looking for job while going to WyoTech!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for job while going to WyoTech!

I'm planning on going to WyoTech June 30th. I'll be either moving to Laramie Wyoming or Blairsville, Pennsylvania. I'm willing to go to either one.

I need a part time job. I would really like to have an automotive job instead of working at McDonalds or some other crappy job.

If anyone has anything open pleas let me know soon.

I have worked on my own car as well as may of my friends. I know my way around cars very well I plan to make them a very big part of my life once I'm out of school.

I will be attending for a full year.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Teching In

i'm attending the blairsville campus now. each campus will have a listing of open jobs in the area. i dont know how the night life is in laramie, but here it sucks. u have the ricers and the mustang guys getting together every night and making noise. other than that it sucks. good luck. if you come here to blairsville let me know. i should have my dumdumdumdum up here by june.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

it looks like I'm going to Laramie ooo boy here I come snow lol. but either place I go my car stays home. I'll be corkin a V6 longbed chevy pickup haha. I love snowboarding and snowmobiles are fun to play around on so it will workout for me.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Laramie isn't a bad town since UW is there, but the rest of Wyoming (forgiving the Yellowstone area) sucks *****. Get used to snow, wind, miles of barren wasteland, and rednecks. I spent the last 9 years of my life in the Rock Springs area before coming here to Phoenix.

as for a job, good luck...it's going to be pretty competitive to get in the auto field there since Laramie is a pretty po-dunk place. and even harder to get into a good place and not a ghetto garage.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

ghetto garage = free parts... lol JK JK

Yeah looks like McD's here I come...
Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

when a couple of freinds of mine went to the Laramie campus they worked for i want to say Hyundai doing some follow up sales calls and worked at a hotel and they also were techs before going to wyo as for fun plan on driving to FT Collins
Old 04-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Launching!

laramie isnt a very nice looking town, and there is a lot of competition for that kind of job since wyotech is there. either way, it is an excellent tech college and its worth going there. good luck!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

blackss2001, i will also be attending wyotech im heading up there at the end of june also for 1 year, what courses did you sign up for?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be taking 3 months of business classes then my 6 month gasoline engines then 3 months of high performance engines and chassis

what about you?
Old 05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nine-eight
laramie isnt a very nice looking town, and there is a lot of competition for that kind of job since wyotech is there. either way, it is an excellent tech college and its worth going there. good luck!
no it's not... I was up there last week. BORING!!! lol I thought about working at one of the cycle shops that I saw or something.

I need a storage shed too I was wondering if someone might know of a good one..
Old 06-27-2008, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

try the laramie machine shop, its right behind pizza hut, kinda down an alley. I know when I was going to the laramie campus a couple years ago they had talked about hiring some part time students. They do good work there. also a few of my friends that i went to school with when we were out there worked at walmart and stuff like that. That will probably be your best bet trying to get a job considering there is a new crop of kids coming in every 3 months. You will love chassis fab. that was my fav. class

Quick Reply: looking for job while going to WyoTech!