Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Chevy Sky?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Sky?

I dont know where i should post this so sorry if it doesnt belong. GM was given two choices. Sell Saturn. Or close Saturn down. Since no ones buying staurn, itmeans our beloved Sky has a crosshair on its head. Do you think that maybe GM will keep producing it and put a bowtie on it? I mean it sells pretty good i cant find one anywhere to buy NEW. Everyone loves it. I think it would make perfect since to do one of two things. ONE, keep it exactly like it is and simply put a big ol' bow tie on it. Its been done before.Plymouth Prowler became Chrysler Prowler and it had slower sales than the sky. TWO, give it a face lift and maybe add some power and new things this and that like a mid-life refresh and call it the Chevy stingray or tigershark or whatever the solstice/sky variant concept for chevy was called. Even offer the 3.6 with a turbo or two and call it the SS. I think its viable and very doable and they shoulddnt think twice about doing it.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i also think they should bring it over as a chevy model along with the G8. The G8 won't happen but the Sky could be sweet as a Bowtie
Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Unfortunately I kinda doubt GM is thinking about it that well.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:15 AM
10 Second Club

Along with the loss of the G8 line, the one thing I'm truly upset about with the dropping of Pontiac and Saturn is the loss of the Solstice and Sky as a result.
I would REALLY love to see the G8 and Sky live on at Chevrolet or Buick somehow.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ me too man, me too
Old 01-26-2009, 02:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Along with the loss of the G8 line, the one thing I'm truly upset about with the dropping of Pontiac and Saturn is the loss of the Solstice and Sky as a result.
I would REALLY love to see the G8 and Sky live on at Chevrolet or Buick somehow.
There are some pics floating around of a rebaged chevy g8.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:51 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by texas94z
There are some pics floating around of a rebaged chevy g8.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

WAIT, WHAT? Pontiac isnt going to, its just in the talks, However, the G8 is rebadged as a chevy in amny places is it not? Even still, they need to keep it too. I think at least the g8 and solstice are safe!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

They have a Lumina SS which is a basically a G8 so if they add that to Chevy line that would be great.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the entire reason they are ditching those cars is because they arent selling near what they need to so why would they re-badge it?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 AM

i hope they do something i love the g8 and the sky especially the skys look over the solstice
Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

I love the looks of the Sky also. I wish they'd sell it as a Chevy with an LS3 or something larger than it has in it.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
***Repost Police***

That's not cost effective. It needs to sit at the price it is now, with the engines it has now. People aren't going to pay the same money for a Saturn or Chevy as they are a Porsche/BMW in that segment, even if the Saturn/Chevy is competitive performance-wise. Also, if they priced it any higher, it would put it right at or below a Corvette. And though they are in two different classes, it still isn't gonna happen. I think they should drop Pontiac completely, ditch the FWD Impala, rebadge the Monaro/G8 as the new Impala, and throw a bowtie on the Sky. Not sure what they would call that, but there were some names thrown around a few posts up that don't sound bad. But GM was wasting money having the Firebird/Camaro as the exact same car, and I think they're doing the same thing with the Sky/Solstice.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
That's not cost effective. It needs to sit at the price it is now, with the engines it has now. People aren't going to pay the same money for a Saturn or Chevy as they are a Porsche/BMW in that segment, even if the Saturn/Chevy is competitive performance-wise. Also, if they priced it any higher, it would put it right at or below a Corvette. And though they are in two different classes, it still isn't gonna happen. I think they should drop Pontiac completely, ditch the FWD Impala, rebadge the Monaro/G8 as the new Impala, and throw a bowtie on the Sky. Not sure what they would call that, but there were some names thrown around a few posts up that don't sound bad. But GM was wasting money having the Firebird/Camaro as the exact same car, and I think they're doing the same thing with the Sky/Solstice.
Well said.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Both Kappa roadsters are toast when the product cycle is up, in fact GM might kill them before then. Hugely expensive and hugely unprofitable toy cars that don't sell well. They won't be redesigned and won't be going to another brand.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know it WONT happen, im just saying in a perfect world....... Oh well i guess with pontiac dead i can focus on my BMW and AUDI lover sides of me. Its still sad and ill always have my firebirds and soon my g8. I guess ill get what i want out of it but its still so sad.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TriShield
Both Kappa roadsters are toast when the product cycle is up, in fact GM might kill them before then. Hugely expensive and hugely unprofitable toy cars that don't sell well. They won't be redesigned and won't be going to another brand.
you look like the stig lol
Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I think they should drop Pontiac completely, ditch the FWD Impala, rebadge the Monaro/G8 as the new Impala, and throw a bowtie on the Sky.
I agree.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Junkie

FWD Impy sells. But a cheaper, RWD, G8 would be nice. I wish the Kappa cars would come to Chevy at a Chevy price...eventually an LS3 mated to a T6060 would make it between the fenders in my fantasy world.

W
Old 01-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TriShield
AGREE!

I would think Pontiac should have learned something when they brough out the Fiero. A RWD -Mid-Engine - two seat diaster. I guess after seeing how many Mazda Miatas were sold they felt they needed a little piece of that market a decade after the fact. Way to go GM

Jakes Dad

Quick Reply: Chevy Sky?