Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

VIPER ACR> ZR1 > GT-R at the ring

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:23 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regardless, you won't see one on the street in the US. The ZR1 and ACR are production street cars. Not full out race cars weighing 1400 lbs.

I don't think my point is that hard to fathom. You're being too picky with his above wording.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Regardless, you won't see one on the street in the US. The ZR1 and ACR are production street cars. Not full out race cars weighing 1400 lbs.

I don't think my point is that hard to fathom. You're being too picky with his above wording.
You're point is understandable, but the fact remains that there are "technically" quicker production street cars. I'm tired of people saying false things regarding facts set in stone. The nurburgring track record book has the Radical SR8 as number one.

I don't know about individual states, but as far as I can see the car is only not street legal over here because it's not exported over seas. It does meet British and German emmision and safety standards, which are stricter than ours.

I don't really consider it a street car, not even close to the vette or viper, but facts are facts. No reason to say/think something false...
Old 02-14-2009, 06:40 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

The Radical is a powerful, 2 seater go-kart, not a street car. It doesn't even have the basic amenities most street or real cars have, like a top, a/c, heat, radio, actual inerior with carpet or sound deadening, windshield wipers, trunk and you've got to wear a helmet just to drive the damn thing. I'd love to see someone pick up a date in that thing who is wearing a dress and just had her hair done. ---->hint The driver would be left playing with his stick shift the rest of the night.

Last edited by LEO; 02-14-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Banned

ya thats right. the acr viper is the only thing that comes close with beating the ZR1 but the thing is the viper is already in the super car type class so what would u consider the ACR? above?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:26 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread is an argument over at least two cars anyone of us would jump at given the chance to own. We're not arguing over a mustang vs. camaro here, these are two badass, full tilt, ultimate American driving machines. So the ACR is a hair quicker than the zr1, oh well, not going to make me lose sleep.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

id invest in the zr1 before the viper...
Old 02-14-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
You're point is understandable, but the fact remains that there are "technically" quicker production street cars. I'm tired of people saying false things regarding facts set in stone. The nurburgring track record book has the Radical SR8 as number one.

I don't know about individual states, but as far as I can see the car is only not street legal over here because it's not exported over seas. It does meet British and German emmision and safety standards, which are stricter than ours.
Actually that's the exact opposite of the truth. British emission and safety standards are a joke compared to ours. The European diesel engines cannot pass our emissions (and thats one reason they are not sold here, I remember reading they would have to do lots of work to get them to being even close to passing) as well as their crash saftey allowing car like the Radical, Noble and Caterham to be "street legal", but they must be registered as kit cars here because they would never pass as street cars.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Either way, the Radical SR8 is completely street legal in Germany, where Nordschleife is obviously.

If we were talking about Road America, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, etc. then it wouldn't even be included.

I agree that it's not much of a street car at all, but it is street legal in the country where the track it was tested on is.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

viper please.

there is no replacement for displacement and 8.4L is a lot and then lets talk about FI on those things...
Old 02-14-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DJBlackSuperman
id invest in the zr1 before the viper...
Not me, Die hard chevy fan, but ill always have a spot in my heart (and garage) for the Vipers.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tainted
viper please.

there is no replacement for displacement and 8.4L is a lot and then lets talk about FI on those things...
Exactly, regardless of his reputation Hennessey still built the fastest standing mile car. Im sure the record still stands today.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tainted
viper please.

Why FI when you could just upgrade the crap Dodge puts in the engine with better quality and raise the compression to 10.1. Boom another 100 to 200 hp lol
Old 02-14-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Exactly, regardless of his reputation Hennessey still built the fastest standing mile car. Im sure the record still stands today.

http://video.cardomain.com/Clip.aspx...3D003BD481E0BE

http://www.motorcities.com/vehicle/08LJE472315535.html

Building a Viper is not as simple as just trowing parts together, they are pickey little buggers, I know a local with one and droped over 18k into his car with a ROWE blower, crank was stock thats it. He turned a lot of parts into scrap metal...

Viper for the head turner and driving but Vette for the cheap parts and reliablility.

Viper parts are not cheap, even stock..... now if someones parents are paying for them then why not???........
Old 02-15-2009, 03:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whytryz28
If I'm not mistaken, of the vipers the SVS viper is the quickest in the standing mile at 231.xxmph

The SVS Viper made something like 1300rwhp on it's first run in 06, then they turned the boost up beyond that and blew up the T56...

The fastest overall standing mile car though is the boost logic supra at 240+mph
(Actually, even faster is the AA blown lakester, or whatever the hell that thing is...)

The SVS Viper is full weight at over 4500lbs (nothing pulled or replaced & a **** load of safety equipment and roll cage, etc.), I'm not sure about the BL supra though.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
If I'm not mistaken, of the vipers the SVS viper is the quickest in the standing mile at 231.xxmph

The SVS Viper made something like 1300rwhp on it's first run in 06, then they turned the boost up beyond that and blew up the T56...

The fastest overall standing mile car though is the boost logic supra at 240+mph
(Actually, even faster is the AA blown lakester, or whatever the hell that thing is...)

The SVS Viper is full weight at over 4500lbs (nothing pulled or replaced & a **** load of safety equipment and roll cage, etc.), I'm not sure about the BL supra though.

Check out my post above...

I am pretty sure they pulled some of that weight out after the blow up.... its also on E-85.

Yes all out the Boost Logic car is the fastest.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the ZR1 better even if the ACR inched it out. ACR is a race car, the ZR1 is a full car with all the comforts you'd expect in a car.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
why can't we all just be happy that despite the current auto mess, the two top cars are american?? the vipers awesome and the zr1 rocks! so no more whimpering and crying about which one gets your groceries better, they're both top notch supercars that happen to be american made
because of the mopar lovers that keep rubbing this **** in my face...why??? i dont know, neither of us would ever be able to afford either car so i don't know why they rub it in my face, i think its dumb...
Old 02-15-2009, 02:02 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Again, there's two different levels of cars here. Now put the two door muscle cars under $40000.00 on the ring and see who comes out on top. So that's the camaro SS (if it ever comes out) the rt challenger (srt8 version is over $42k) and the mustang gt (gt500 is over $45k) and lets see who comes out on top. Those three are where the sports car sales are at for the coming years, so lets see those three battle it out.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

You guys are aware that the ZR1 ran the 'Ring again and ran a 7.22 just like the ACR right?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
You guys are aware that the ZR1 ran the 'Ring again and ran a 7.22 just like the ACR right?
I am aware

Quick Reply: VIPER ACR> ZR1 > GT-R at the ring