Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

VIPER ACR> ZR1 > GT-R at the ring

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
good lord, will you let it go already? I can sit here and tell you that the driver of the ACR missed a gear, there was a large headwind, the driver ate 2 extra big macs before he got in the car blah blah blah blah blah.... the ACR was a little quicker quit crying

Let's put a wing and splitter etc on the ZR1 and see what happens?? thats the dumbest argument I've ever heard... the ACR comes with those things.... I guess I should respond by saying 'well lets put a supercharger on the viper and see what happens'... dumb ricer logic. Everyone knows the viper is a track car and the ZR1 is designed for generally all driving, and if GM wants to come out with an all-out race vette they are certainly welcome too.

Sounds like you shouldn't be the one calling other people fanboys since you defend the ZR1 with all your will when anyone makes any response about it
You know, I was thinking about responding with basically this exact same post. But you did it for me
Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
good lord, will you let it go already? I can sit here and tell you that the driver of the ACR missed a gear, there was a large headwind, the driver ate 2 extra big macs before he got in the car blah blah blah blah blah.... the ACR was a little quicker quit crying

Let's put a wing and splitter etc on the ZR1 and see what happens?? thats the dumbest argument I've ever heard... the ACR comes with those things.... I guess I should respond by saying 'well lets put a supercharger on the viper and see what happens'... dumb ricer logic. Everyone knows the viper is a track car and the ZR1 is designed for generally all driving, and if GM wants to come out with an all-out race vette they are certainly welcome too.

Sounds like you shouldn't be the one calling other people fanboys since you defend the ZR1 with all your will when anyone makes any response about it
My annoyance came from the small group of idiots who think two tenths on a track that takes over 7 minutes to cover is "beating". That equals like 1/2 car legth. It's not a drag strip. 99% of the people posting in here most likey haven't even driven a road course and wouldn't know the first thing about correct lines and entry/exit points. It erks me when people act like they know something, IE road racing, and really don't know jack. If you don't wanna read my posts, I have a suggestion. Don't.

Have a nice night.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Where do you get you info? The ZR1 was not "built" for the 'Ring.

And then you say the SRT engineers said the Viper had more in it, wow, what a surprising thing to say!

Let's put the SRT's wing and spiltter etc on the ZR1 and see what happens then?

Furthemore the SRT is a track day car, not a daily driver. The ZR1 could be driven daily without a harsh ride like the SRT has and worrying about ripping the front splitter off....

The ZR1 already has beat the Viper on Buttonwillow and on the drag strip....

Nothing against the Viper, just stating my opinion and facts.

It's the GT-R I hate LOL.
If the ACR had the Zr1 gears,then lets see what happens then lol.....rice.

I just googled to see if the Zr1 beat the ACR in buttonwillow and I didn't find anything.

The Zr1 was built for the nurburgring,it was pretty much built for that track so they could break the time,they were testing it their before production for alot,alot,alot of time.The ACR was not,it was built for more normal smaller tracks.

Considering the bad head wind and the driver only having 3 hours with the car allthough the guy is a great driver,their claim doesn't seem far off...but like I said it still beat it.

My annoyance came from the small group of idiots who think two tenths on a track that takes over 7 minutes to cover is "beating".
Then what do you call it when a car is faster than another?

I will understand if you have problem with me saying smoke or anything like that but theirs no other way than to say the ACR beat the zr1.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Well, if the ACR wasn't built for it and the Zr1 was. Props to Dodge.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Restricted User

Haha...the ZR1 was not built for the Nurburgring. Millions of dollars in development, years in planning, record-breaking power and braking ability...all built for one venue? Do you realize how stupid that sounds? The ZR1 was created to elevate the Corvette to elite performance status, and that it did. If anything, the ACR, a TRACK CAR, could be said to have been built for the Nurburgring. It really wasn't either, but it's closer to the truth spoken that way.

Bottom line is, the ACR is a purpose built car, and the ZR1 is a street car. Does that mean the ZR1 is better period? No way. Maybe for one type of driver the ZR1 is the better car, and for another the ACR is the better choice. I also like the comment made about a few tenths being nothing on a track of this size...that can't be stressed enough. The times posted by these cars puts them dead even really. They could have been run again in the exact same conditions and the ZR1 could have come out a full second ahead...and i'd still call them even.

The excuses posted by ALL SIDES of this argument are pretty weak.

Last edited by Blakbird24; 02-27-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: VIPER ACR> ZR1 > GT-R at the ring