Originally Posted by 88blackgt
lots of crying in here

agreed... everybody is trying to make excuses for everything
Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...but....but....but
you could always put a pulley on the ZR1

Is the ZR1 on any kind of hold? I wonder how many have been built/sold?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
agreed... everybody is trying to make excuses for everything
Well you gotta remember many of the tools in here have no idea that the ZR1 ran the SAME 7.22 as the ACR.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nanokpsi
...but....but....but
you could always put a pulley on the ZR1

Is the ZR1 on any kind of hold? I wonder how many have been built/sold?
GM said that engine is pretty much on the edge, untill someone puts in a A/W IC or finds a way to put a larger IC in it I am pretty sure its limited to exhaust/CAI, cam, heads. They even said there was not a lot more you can do with the tune and if you did you would really be pushing it with the engine.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Well you gotta remember many of the tools in here have no idea that the ZR1 ran the SAME 7.22 as the ACR.
The ACR still beat it.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by El es one
The ACR still beat it.
If you think 2 TENTHS on a HUGE track is "beating" your out of your mind. We're not talking about the 1320. The next lap could have been the total opposite.

I love magazine racers........
Old 02-21-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sorry I made this thread lol. I love Corvettes I really do, but I'd take the Viper for exclusiveness. Corvette's are common in Kentucky

Common meter:
Mustang V6 > Eclipse > Mustang GT > Camaro any > 350Z > Corvette > Cobra stang > Viper being the rarest.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

If you think 2 TENTHS on a HUGE track is "beating" your out of your mind. We're not talking about the 1320. The next lap could have been the total opposite.

I love magazine racers........
No, like the Srt engineers said the card could've gotten faster if it wasn't for the bad headwind and also the drive only drove it for like 3 hours and the car wasnt even build for the nurburgring...I want to see some real times in normal tracks where the ACR gears are most good at.

And like I said it still beat it.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

No, like the Srt engineers said the card could've gotten faster if it wasn't for the bad headwind and also the drive only drove it for like 3 hours and the car wasnt even build for the nurburgring...I want to see some real times in normal tracks where the ACR gears are most good at.

And like I said it still beat it.
Those sure sound like some fanboy excuses to me man.....

Change this, if this was this, and this and that. Same could be said for the ZR1.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

Im with this guy, I aint loosing no sleep over it. Give me either one and i would pimp that bitch

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
This thread is an argument over at least two cars anyone of us would jump at given the chance to own. We're not arguing over a mustang vs. camaro here, these are two badass, full tilt, ultimate American driving machines. So the ACR is a hair quicker than the zr1, oh well, not going to make me lose sleep.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Those sure sound like some fanboy excuses to me man.....

Change this, if this was this, and this and that. Same could be said for the ZR1.
Is this coming from the guy who said the next lap "could've" been the whole opposite?

I guess the same could've been said for the Zr1 but it wasn't because it was probably as close to as full potential as it was going to get in that track.The ACR on the other hand had some more potential according to the SRT engineers.

Of course maybe they were lying but in the end of the day the ACR>Zr1 at the track where the Zr1 was built for

Sorry but the ACR could still improve its lap time by some 2 seconds.

I wonder what will happen in a smaller track.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't understand why everyone is arguing. We all know the VSPEC is coming out
Old 02-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Restricted User

First - GM never said that the ZR1 was near it's limits. It's not in any way. Just like every damn performance car GM has released, there's plenty of room to improve. I have no doubt that the ACR could be taken even further also.

Second - Both these cars are on the same team folks. They're all fighting for our side. So let's stop arguing about which one is better when all the evidence we have shows that they are virtually a dead heat. One may be capable of more than the other, but what's the point in arguing about this until either GM or Dodge runs their car again at the Ring and raises the bar? You can't possibly have anything more than speculation and rumors at this time.

Personally, though i'd take the ZR1 in this contest, i'm quite content to have the Viper right up there with it in the standings, this way we'll have two cars ensuring that the title remains in our hands even after the GTR V-spec gets a run.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
I don't understand why everyone is arguing. We all know the VSPEC is coming out
I hope you don't think the VSpec will do any better. You will be seriously disappointed...
Old 02-22-2009, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Is this coming from the guy who said the next lap "could've" been the whole opposite?

I guess the same could've been said for the Zr1 but it wasn't because it was probably as close to as full potential as it was going to get in that track.The ACR on the other hand had some more potential according to the SRT engineers.

Of course maybe they were lying but in the end of the day the ACR>Zr1 at the track where the Zr1 was built for

Sorry but the ACR could still improve its lap time by some 2 seconds.

I wonder what will happen in a smaller track.
Where do you get you info? The ZR1 was not "built" for the 'Ring.

And then you say the SRT engineers said the Viper had more in it, wow, what a surprising thing to say!

Let's put the SRT's wing and spiltter etc on the ZR1 and see what happens then?

Furthemore the SRT is a track day car, not a daily driver. The ZR1 could be driven daily without a harsh ride like the SRT has and worrying about ripping the front splitter off....

The ZR1 already has beat the Viper on Buttonwillow and on the drag strip....

Nothing against the Viper, just stating my opinion and facts.

It's the GT-R I hate LOL.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I hope you don't think the VSpec will do any better. You will be seriously disappointed...
Why not? 150lbs lighter, more power, different suspension, better brakes, etc....The VSPEC although not confirmed through Nissan ran a 7:24 around the ring a year ago.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I believe Nissan will not disclose the numbers until they break 7:22.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 25psi
I believe Nissan will not disclose the numbers until they break 7:22.
I wouldn't be all that surprised if we never hear Nissan make a time claim this time around. They don't really seem all that interested in competing with the ZR1 and ACR...they've priced the V-spec well out of that league. 7:22 is going to be damn hard to hit, and I don't know if it's going to be worth it to Nissan to chase that mark with this car. There are much more useful things to be done with that money, especially for a company that could use a little help in the overall sales area.

I'm not saying I that I think they won't do it...I just think that maybe assuming that they automatically will is not the smart thing to do. They could decide that they're never going to hit that mark...OR even if they believe they can, they may decide it's unnecessary or not worth it, after the GTR fiasco of last year.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where do you get you info? The ZR1 was not "built" for the 'Ring.

And then you say the SRT engineers said the Viper had more in it, wow, what a surprising thing to say!

Let's put the SRT's wing and spiltter etc on the ZR1 and see what happens then?

Furthemore the SRT is a track day car, not a daily driver. The ZR1 could be driven daily without a harsh ride like the SRT has and worrying about ripping the front splitter off....
good lord, will you let it go already? I can sit here and tell you that the driver of the ACR missed a gear, there was a large headwind, the driver ate 2 extra big macs before he got in the car blah blah blah blah blah.... the ACR was a little quicker quit crying

Let's put a wing and splitter etc on the ZR1 and see what happens?? thats the dumbest argument I've ever heard... the ACR comes with those things.... I guess I should respond by saying 'well lets put a supercharger on the viper and see what happens'... dumb ricer logic. Everyone knows the viper is a track car and the ZR1 is designed for generally all driving, and if GM wants to come out with an all-out race vette they are certainly welcome too.

Sounds like you shouldn't be the one calling other people fanboys since you defend the ZR1 with all your will when anyone makes any response about it

Quick Reply: VIPER ACR> ZR1 > GT-R at the ring