Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Tesla accepting reservations on its Model S!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tesla accepting reservations on its Model S!!!

I just got an email today stating that they are accepting offers and i guess have been, and my turns up. If i want to reserve one i can send my money! They are also offering me a reservation for a Signature series, but that deposit is $40,000! As opposed to $5,000 for the standard model S. I'm so excited! I can't wait! Heres a link to the latest on the car! If anyone wants to get in on the first batch, email Tesla right away!
http://www.oncars.com/video/494/2011...-1-of-3-Design
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Launching!

So...have they even started delivering roadsters yet? All I hear about Tesla are empty promises until I actually start seeing product on the road.

Edit: Oh, and Elon Musk is a *****.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chadder
So...have they even started delivering roadsters yet? All I hear about Tesla are empty promises until I actually start seeing product on the road.

I'm more partial to the Fisker Karma anyways...haven't seen one Tesla car that's actually worked right.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Roadsters have been out for quite some time. In fact if you own one, just for being a return customer, you get a $10,000 duscount.

Originally Posted by Spoolin

I'm more partial to the Fisker Karma anyways...haven't seen one Tesla car that's actually worked right.
Yea the Karmas nice but it isnt fair to compare it since the Karma is just another hybrid. The S is a 100% electric car, 300 mile charge in 45 minutes if you have a 220v installed.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I hear about Tesla are empty promises until I actually start seeing product on the road.
+1

Way too many setbacks for a product that shouldn't be that hard to deliver. Anyone can build an electric car. There was a news report on the other day about a 14 year old that build his own electric car.

Tesla with all of its engineers and cash can't build a production car with two speeds and brakes you can trust.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
+1

Way too many setbacks for a product that shouldn't be that hard to deliver. Anyone can build an electric car. There was a news report on the other day about a 14 year old that build his own electric car.

Tesla with all of its engineers and cash can't build a production car with two speeds and brakes you can trust.
Last I hear they downgraded the tranny to one speed because they kept breaking the 2nd one. That was about a year ago though so maybe it's better now??
Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Spoolin, you see lots of hate on this site for Tesla. Not sure where it stems from but to each there own opinion. Tranny issues are old news. Subscribe to there news letter and you get the facts on development progress

They have a good product, just a matter of time before they succeed. There is a lot more engineering in that car than people have even a remote clue about.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jolly
Spoolin, you see lots of hate on this site for Tesla. Not sure where it stems from but to each there own opinion. Tranny issues are old news. Subscribe to there news letter and you get the facts on development progress

They have a good product, just a matter of time before they succeed. There is a lot more engineering in that car than people have even a remote clue about.
A lot of people on this site are hardcore GM fans, have degrees, or even the quite possibility did/do work for GM. .

It's not like you came up with raindrop analysis or something. GM faces engineering problems that Tesla would run away from on a daily basis. Tesla can't crank out a super simplistic vehicle.

How is the "hate" not meritable?

Last edited by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed; 07-30-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Making an electric car that works, is one thing.

Making one the DOT, EPA and who knows what-all
alphabet soup bandits will let on the road en masse,
not through some home-built kit-car loophole, is quite
another.

I hope somebody succeeds but manufacturing seems
to be nearly against the law in this country.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jolly

I understand absolutely the complications they face! Tesla is a new company and as with most new companies there will be growing pains which is to be expected. Hopefully one day down the line 20 years from now I can say I own a reliable Tesla car but as for now I can't afford to be one of the guinea pigs for a start up company. I hope they do well, I think we need car companies dedicated to building electric only vehicles to show that there is a market for them.
But Tesla also needs a better PR department IMO because there is alot of negative press about how the companies run, who runs it and the product they make...Strictly my opinion there. I do however plan on being one of the first Chevy volt customers though...I think it's an interesting platform and hope to get some first hand experience with it.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

saw one a couple weeks ago, neat lil car.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That car looks wicked, CEO needs to get a refund on those veneers though.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont know too much about the tesla, except from a few reports and the top gear episode. so basically, ive heard only bad things & about how it endlessly breaks and runs out of juice, etc. but i wont judge this car just yet. although, i can only imagine the price they want for it.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Making an electric car that works, is one thing.

Making one the DOT, EPA and who knows what-all
alphabet soup bandits will let on the road en masse,
not through some home-built kit-car loophole, is quite
another.

I hope somebody succeeds but manufacturing seems
to be nearly against the law in this country.
Electric is easier to build than a new Diesel vehicle. New Diesel Laws are very restrictive and even cover the exit temperature of the exhuast.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Launching!

fisker is a much better car IMHO
and musk is a IDIOT

Quick Reply: Tesla accepting reservations on its Model S!!!