Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 01:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Behind what?
Old 12-07-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

im sure "technically" the 4.6 can make more power. but if the 4.6 was so much more stout then why arent there ford GT's and Mach 1s dominating? im sure youre referring to the boosted cobra 4.6 but comparing a boosted motor to a N/A one is kind of silly

my buddy even had a 4.6 mach 1 and we always were competing and once i got my LS1 there wasnt even a competition.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:38 PM
***Repost Police***

He was talking power potential. Not performance/dollar or ability to make power N/A.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by "MAC"
i give up on tryn to make the your nonsense separated into different quotes just realize and understand i talk crap because i can, and the whole mustang looking like a honda well thats my opinion and also more cube = more power its been proven over and over again.
Yeah, I know... Too high a difficulty level. Whatever man... I'm used to dealing with losers on here and ultimately, you're no different.

You can say you think a television looks like a Honda for all I care. People with working eyes will almost always be able to see that your "opinion" on the matter is exactly that of a fool. Simply stated, you hate. Therefore, you say stupid things trying to garner attention and self-worth. I have no real problem with it, but want you to know that it makes you look laughably stupid.

PS To me, your high school diploma would be worth no less if it came from a box of crackerjacks! It's not about spelling or English or grammar class, sport. It's about giving a little effort to not make yourself look like a friggin' 15yr old moron. What you say matters less in many cases, like online, than how you say it. People who happen to have a decent education WILL actually judge you based on what they see. It's a natural fact of life and you should become wise enough at some point to realize it and try to avoid looking stupid. Otherwise, you'll continue looking ignorant, illiterate, foolish, etc. and you'll never get any real respect from the masses who may read your comments.

Funny you say this because there is a thread in this very forum a guy already has a LS based motor that is making 2k hp and he is asking questions on how to get 3k hp again LS1 > 4.6L oh btw you can turn the LS1 into the LS 3, 6, and 7 by changing the internals it would cost a lot of money but you can do it.
Talk about laughable... 2k, looking for 3k... LS1 engine... Not. PS, I'm thinking the internals won't really need to be changed to make an LS6 from an LS1.

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
hahahahahahahahaha

You drive a 2014 Escape. End of argument. Hahahahahahahahahhaha
You drive?? Anything? At least I have a car and not just a fruit salad... Certainly, my 2014 Escape is also far nicer than whatever, whatever it is, you're driving daily. I'm wondering if your DD has things like heated front seats, reclining rear seats, auto A/C, rain sensing wipers, HD radio, sat radio and navigation, auto traction control, 4 ways to open the deck lid/hatch, auto HID lamps, panoramic sunroof, lane change assit, rear a/c vents, a 110v power outlet, remote start, keyless entry, push button start, more than 2 air bags(not including your wife), or even any of those things for under 30k out the door... Probably not, so laugh all you want, but I don't feel like you're not the loser in the end of this teasing contest.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
LS-based =/= LS1
Not so. The LS1 is inferior to basically all other LS engines GM ever offered, though not exactly all of them. There is really no comparison between the strength of the LS1 and even the LS3, let alone the LSX. Some engines are stronger than others, even if GM made them.

Originally Posted by sick_tight
i thought the 4.6 comment was a joke but apparently not. i tried to ignore it.

please explain your reasoning Irun?
Did that just above. The LS1 is a fine engine, but NOBODY has ever gotten one to hold up as well as the 4.6L Ford has with big power. That's part of why GM made so many changes over the years. They made better versions of the same basic design. The LS1 itself though... never heard of anyone running in the 7's, let alone 6.0's on the 1/4 mile using one. Never will either.

We can say "they're all the same" anytime we want, but that won't make it true. If they are the same, GM has been ripping off perhaps millions of customers for several years now. Everyone who really makes big power with an LS based engine is probably using an LQ or aftermarket or at least an LS based engine made later than LS1. The quickest "LS Camaro" I've ever seen ran 6.7's, but not with an LS engine. Instead, it had an LQ... iron block makes a difference here.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

im sure "technically" the 4.6 can make more power. but if the 4.6 was so much more stout then why arent there ford GT's and Mach 1s dominating? im sure youre referring to the boosted cobra 4.6 but comparing a boosted motor to a N/A one is kind of silly

my buddy even had a 4.6 mach 1 and we always were competing and once i got my LS1 there wasnt even a competition.
Not about boosted vs N/A at all. Boosted vs boosted... The actual LS1 simply won't even try to compete against the 4.6L overall.

Btw, the Ford GT hasn't been in production for a long time and some of the fastest "standing mile" cars on earth wear the GT badges and use the 5.4L engine... nearly 300mph in 1 mile, from 0... no joke. As if you didn't know, I promise no LS1 powered car will ever do that. I'd like to see even a new ZR1 do it.

As for the Mach 1, they do quite well, but it seems to me that most people who have them tend to leave them close to stock. Then again, they're also kinda rare and the 2003 is different than the 2004 in several ways, increasing the rarity factor(not that I'd really care myself). Topping that off, for me anyway... I'd not bother racing one of those on any serious level. I'd sooner take the engine from a "total" car and build something from that. I won't say I'd have interest in such a build, but it can be done. I still prefer OHV for drag racing.

He was talking power potential. Not performance/dollar or ability to make power N/A.
Yep.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

At this point in time no matter what design they come out with the car will always look like another car in some way. This goes for any new car coming out from anyone its all about function over form these days so they go with what works.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by It'llrun

Not so. The LS1 is inferior to basically all other LS engines GM ever offered, though not exactly all of them. There is really no comparison between the strength of the LS1 and even the LS3, let alone the LSX. Some engines are stronger than others, even if GM made them.

Did that just above. The LS1 is a fine engine, but NOBODY has ever gotten one to hold up as well as the 4.6L Ford has with big power. That's part of why GM made so many changes over the years. They made better versions of the same basic design. The LS1 itself though... never heard of anyone running in the 7's, let alone 6.0's on the 1/4 mile using one. Never will either.
just found this

it is possible but if the power can be had easier and cheaper or safer with another block then thats what people will go with. not saying the LS1 is the best motor but the 4.6 isnt this god given motor to the tuner world because its not. where are all these 4.6's in the 6's?

as for the GT and mach 1 i was referring to trim levels of mustangs but if youre talking about the GT youre talking about a low production almost completely gutted track car (same argument stang fans say about the new Z28). its very impressive but even compared to a vette its apples to oranges.

this is where peoples bias' comes into play, clearly you guys have ford/mustang bias because every single post is defending ford and mustangs. not saying thats wrong but then you call everyone else out for being GM biased on a GM site.

hence why it turned into 4.6L vs ls1 debate and over all potential. if youre going over all potential then the 4th gen camaro is faster than any other mustang because its drag coefficient is better(assuming for this example). so therefore has more potential. (ridiculous example to prove a point)
Old 12-07-2013, 04:38 PM
***Repost Police***

this is where peoples bias' comes into play, clearly you guys have ford/mustang bias because every single post is defending ford and mustangs. not saying thats wrong but then you call everyone else out for being GM biased on a GM site.
Fords and Mustangs are constantly talked about on this site. If somebody says something that I feel the need to put my 2 cents in, or if they say something that needs correcting (ie; anything "MAC" says), I'm gonna jump in. And that goes for any car, on any forum that I'm on. Honda, Ford, GM, whatever. I also imagine it goes for any member on here, as well.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

Fords and Mustangs are constantly talked about on this site. If somebody says something that I feel the need to put my 2 cents in, or if they say something that needs correcting (ie; anything "MAC" says), I'm gonna jump in. And that goes for any car, on any forum that I'm on. Honda, Ford, GM, whatever. I also imagine it goes for any member on here, as well.
All i have said was facts and yet you have gone back on your word a few times you have yet to prove me wrong stop tryn to sound better than me when your not
Old 12-07-2013, 05:36 PM
***Repost Police***

All i have said was facts and yet you have gone back on your word a few times you have yet to prove me wrong stop tryn to sound better than me when your not
Like when you confused the Shelby GT with the GT500 and argued with me for 7 pages? I've told you before, I'm done trying to have intelligent conversations with you.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Banned

Like when you confused the Shelby GT with the GT500 and argued with me for 7 pages? I've told you before, I'm done trying to have intelligent conversations with you.
Its still a shelby mustang hence shelby being in the name.... And they used to be built by shelby then ford took over the whole thing
Old 12-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Banned

Again fo your research
Old 12-07-2013, 05:51 PM
***Repost Police***

Its still a shelby mustang hence shelby being in the name.... And they used to be built by shelby then ford took over the whole thing
We were never talking about the Shelby GT. We were talking about the GT500. Which you said was built by Shelby in Las Vegas. You Googled what you were looking for, found a Wikipedia article that talked about the Shelby GT, and mistakenly thought they were the same thing. An intelligent person would just say, "my mistake," and move on. But you are not intelligent, so you continue to argue that you were correct.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Banned

We were never talking about the Shelby GT. We were talking about the GT500. Which you said was built by Shelby in Las Vegas. You Googled what you were looking for, found a Wikipedia article that talked about the Shelby GT, and mistakenly thought they were the same thing. An intelligent person would just say, "my mistake," and move on. But you are not intelligent, so you continue to argue that you were correct.
Actually it was the shelby gt350 and another thing the gt500 is a shelby gt500 thats its name like i said ford took over the production of it what part of that dont you understand?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 PM
***Repost Police***

"Took over production" implies that they were not the ones who were doing it from the very beginning. "Shelby" is by name only, and has been ever since the modern GT500 came into existence in '07. What part of that don't you understand?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
It's too old school for you, but when I was in school, a motor was ALWAYS electric and an engine was not. Yes, they're considered the same thing today... too many stupid people to prevent that.

Yep. LOL Its too old school for him but not for Ford or The Indianapolis Motor Speedway or any other racing involving MOTORSPORTS. lol I hate when people try correct other people over this nonsense.

EDIT: I forgot, you can scroll up and click on Mod MOTOR Tech. Better let them know you are too old school for it.

Last edited by ss1129; 12-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

just found this
Fastest LS1 6.8@203 in Australia - CV Performance -
Not that I care, but just because a video calls something an LS1 doesn't mean it really is. I've not heard of any true LS1 cars running that well and I am aware of many breaking long before they ever reached a 7.999, let alone a 6 anything. Oddly, I went to their advertised website and found nothing of that vehicle. That is weird and I'm sure you agree.

it is possible but if the power can be had easier and cheaper or safer with another block then thats what people will go with. not saying the LS1 is the best motor but the 4.6 isnt this god given motor to the tuner world because its not. where are all these 4.6's in the 6's?
I didn't say there are several 4.6 cars in the 6's, but there's apparently at least 1 and it's gone something like... 6.0 on the 1/4 mile. That said, I still don't think a real LS1 block will hold up long enough to run 6's unless it's in a motorcycle frame or dropped from the sky.

as for the GT and mach 1 i was referring to trim levels of mustangs but if youre talking about the GT youre talking about a low production almost completely gutted track car (same argument stang fans say about the new Z28). its very impressive but even compared to a vette its apples to oranges.
I thought you were talking about both and I agree, the GT was very limited in production with some 5000 built. That said, I looked at one today and it appeared to have A/C, etc., so I wouldn't call it bare bones. They are quite different and very capable. The bigger point is that the 5.4L, like the 4.6L, is a seriously strong base. The block holds up, the crank holds up, the heads are excellent.

I'm defending truth, not just the Mustang. This site is so full of misinformation and outright bullshit, I feel a need to comment in some capacity. When I call someone out over this, it's usually because they post silly nonsense and lies, like MAC did. Granted, he didn't really know he was lying, but he claims to know, so it's lies even when he's wrong.

hence why it turned into 4.6L vs ls1 debate and over all potential. if youre going over all potential then the 4th gen camaro is faster than any other mustang because its drag coefficient is better(assuming for this example). so therefore has more potential. (ridiculous example to prove a point)
It's not so much about potential of this or that, but the whole package. So far, the Mustang has nearly a 1 second advantage of the 4th gen, factory engines(block, crank, heads) in use. It's actually quite a bit more, but nearly everyone looking will point to dozens of cars using an LQ4 or the like, rather than the engine GM put into the car. I've honestly never seen or even heard of a true 4th gen Camaro(even full race) using an actual 5.7L LS1 and running 7's or better. It can be done, but it will require a rail car or smaller. To me, this entire argument is moot. Anyway...
Old 12-07-2013, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ss1129
Yep. LOL Its too old school for him but not for Ford or The Indianapolis Motor Speedway or any other racing involving MOTORSPORTS. lol I hate when people try correct other people over this nonsense.
It's already been said, the terms have changed, thanks to folks like you... can't even pay attention..

EDIT: I forgot, you can scroll up and click on Mod MOTOR Tech. Better let them know you are too old school for it.
It was a stupid term the moment it was made up and it still is.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss1129

haha, some people just need to stir up pots. tech is full of them, arguing over semantics when theres nothing to argue about.

dont worry about it.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Actually it was the shelby gt350 and another thing the gt500 is a shelby gt500 thats its name like i said ford took over the production of it what part of that dont you understand?
More proof of just how uneducated you really are...

The Shelby GT500 as we know it, in the body used today, is made by Ford Motor Company and NOT by Shelby America, although they will modify you a Mustang, typically using the 5L engine and they'll often call that one a GT350. All you have to do is buy the car from an authorized Ford dealer and send it to them in whatever manner you choose and pay for.

I'm definitely done here... Too ridiculous for me.

Quick Reply: Media Leaks - The Real 2015 Ford Mustang