Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Just saw dyno run for 05 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high 13's?

Originally Posted by qwikz28
thats good for about 293hp considering 15% drivetrain loss. ford needs to stop overrating their products why do those cars still run high 13s with such low hp and high curb weight?
I havent seen one run better than 14.3 at the local track here near Fort Hood. I only get out there evey couple of weekends though, seems kinna sad really...
Old 08-08-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss02Camaro
I havent seen one run better than 14.3 at the local track here near Fort Hood. I only get out there evey couple of weekends though, seems kinna sad really...
that is sad. terrible driving. you can't blame the car for everything

bone stock ones around here have gone mid 13's. a lot of others with crappy drivers go high 13's/low 14's
Old 08-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 383ss
that is sad. terrible driving. you can't blame the car for everything

bone stock ones around here have gone mid 13's. a lot of others with crappy drivers go high 13's/low 14's
A friend drove one with a manual tranny to a 13.8 @ 102mph granny shifting. He's a self proclaimed "decent" driver...not bad, but not Evan Smith.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isnt mid 13s still pretty good considering a good driver with a LS1 can only best that by a few tenths?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
You guys are kidding right? We're talking HPTV here...it's a joke. It doesn't mirror real world mods or numbers. You remember the "build" they did on that LS1?

Look at the LT1 they built years ago, that car was proof that all they do is part push
Old 08-09-2005, 04:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you see the one where they changed cams on a GT and 'ol Joe just about nut himself when they picked up 14 rwhp from tearing the entire engine apart. "Oh ****! 14 rwhp! Our pony will be running wild now!" or something retarded like that

I was rolling on the floor laughing... I thought I was going to die!

I hope it isn't true... but I have seen some mustangs (except the cobras) put down awfully unimpressive numbers...

EDIT:
http://www.dynoperformance.com/searc...850&safeid=850

Not too bad... an LT1 can still beat it though...

Last edited by Third Gear; 08-09-2005 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It puts down a little bit better HP numbers to the wheels than a stock LT1 car, but makes less torque than a stock LT1.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking at the newest fast fords and mustangs mag(I think that's the name) at work(bored) anyways they did a dyno pull and had high 270 something to the wheels with headers and whole new exhaust. The also had a couple pages of dyno numbers of all the different aftermarket exhausts for the 05 and i think the flowmaster was the best with a gain of 8hp and 7ft-lbs. From what that article said the stock exhaust is pretty good. Thats got to suck only getting 8hp for a $400-$500 exhaust system. From everthing i've seen there is't much left in these mustangs with your just your easy bolt on's, exhaust, intake. I'd like to see some dyno's with a cam and see what that does. It seems every modded out 05 mustang i've seen in mags has had a supercharger makeing 400hp and still only in the low 13's.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JonB
I'd like to see some dyno's with a cam and see what that does.
I'm thinking that one cam wouldn't help all that much.

Originally Posted by JonB
It seems every modded out 05 mustang i've seen in mags has had a supercharger makeing 400hp and still only in the low 13's.
I guess you're looking at the wrong issues.

11.90's N/A and 10.90's on spray

There's a 9 second GT out there now and there will be more to follow suit.

We all know magazine racing isn't reality.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:42 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by unit213
I'm thinking that one cam wouldn't help all that much.
lol!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by qwikz28
isnt mid 13s still pretty good considering a good driver with a LS1 can only best that by a few tenths?
Your kidding right? Most people around here with LS1 cars cant drive for crap, and get a horrible launch and still run low to mid 13's. Imagine them with good drivers, sticky tires and a good launch.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

wow not to stir the pot but havent we all learned that dyno numbers only go so far. if u cant drive for crao than it doesnt matter what u dynoed. believe me im not a mustang fan, especially the new 05's. i love the new style for the GT's, but ive seen so many 05 v-6s that im soured on the body style. and yes the fastest i have seen an 05 go was 13.9 at the track to my 13.01. well there are so many variables that take effect that it isnt worth arguing over. the fact is yes they are a littl slower than us, but they are a legitimate player. remember guys never underestimate ur foe.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Your kidding right? Most people around here with LS1 cars cant drive for crap, and get a horrible launch and still run low to mid 13's. Imagine them with good drivers, sticky tires and a good launch.
its you who must be kidding. the stock ones here running those times have excellent drivers. the ones with horrible drivers usually have full exhaust and other mods.

it may only now be running with stock ls1s, but theres one thing the fbody will never have that the 05 does. quality interiors parts. and no amount of bolt ons will change that.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Regular

I was at the track last night, where there were 4 05 gt's runnin, and none of them could get out of the 14's, then one of the guys was such a horrible driver he was pullin high 15's and if i remember right he even got a run in the 16's
Old 08-13-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

interesting. Of the couple 05 GT's ive seen run here, the best so far i saw was a 13.9 @ 103 mph. And the guy has the cold air kit, pulley and some type of exhaust because i saw him putting it on at the hobby shop on base a few days before he was at the track.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Default Say what?

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
its you who must be kidding. the stock ones here running those times have excellent drivers. the ones with horrible drivers usually have full exhaust and other mods.

it may only now be running with stock ls1s, but theres one thing the fbody will never have that the 05 does. quality interiors parts. and no amount of bolt ons will change that.
I love the interior in my SS. I have ridden in a new Mustang, I like it dont get me wrong. My SS feels like a jet inside. The Mustang does feel kinna old school muscle car, but I bought a sports car and it fits the bill, new age muscle and sports. As far as some of you guys having rough riding f bodies, sorry for you. My car had 36k on the clock when I bought it, I immediatly put on sub frame connectors and a strut tower brace, plus its a hard top. Mine is rock solid. Mustang is a heritage that is stong. I know alot of Mustang guys that rode in an f body for the first time and sold their Mustangsto get an f body. I dont know any f body guys that rode in a Mustang and decided to buy one. (save for one that bought 03 Cobra, but without the pulley mod most of the f bodies in the area still tear him up) Its all preference, I am glad there is a multitude of cars on the road. I a really excited Crysler is gearing up, what with the Charger and soon the Challengar. But all this is
Old 08-13-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the interior in my SS. I have ridden in a new Mustang, I like it dont get me wrong. My SS feels like a jet inside. The Mustang does feel kinna old school muscle car, but I bought a sports car and it fits the bill, new age muscle and sports. As far as some of you guys having rough riding f bodies, sorry for you. My car had 36k on the clock when I bought it, I immediatly put on sub frame connectors and a strut tower brace, plus its a hard top. Mine is rock solid. Mustang is a heritage that is stong. I know alot of Mustang guys that rode in an f body for the first time and sold their Mustangsto get an f body. I dont know any f body guys that rode in a Mustang and decided to buy one. (save for one that bought 03 Cobra, but without the pulley mod most of the f bodies in the area still tear him up) Its all preference, I am glad there is a multitude of cars on the road. I a really excited Crysler is gearing up, what with the Charger and soon the Challengar. But all this is
you missed one point... pre-05 mustang interiors were notorious for rattles. the whole fbody interior rattle is true, but blown out of proportion. when i was in high school and my car was newer (say mid 30k miles), two of my friends had mustangs (2002 with 15k and 2004 with <1k when i drove them) BOTH of them said my car was noticeably faster and drove much more like a sports car rather then a normal coupe. but their biggest issue was that both cars had many rattles in the interior, even the brand new 04 had rattles off the showroom that the dealer was unable to locate. my car had no such and niether did my friends 96 z28 before it got totalled with 99k. both cars were t-top cars and had no mods at the time other then my stereo system.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

Some girl ran one here and it ran 15s all day hehehehe
People just dont understand that Mustangs suck *** with their small engines and shitty transmissions. I wanted to race her with my bolt on 94 camaro that is 10 years older than hers, and over one second faster. I thought the look of the new mustangs was sorta cool when i first saw it on tv and online, but when you see one in real life they just look like a big plastic piece of ****
Old 08-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 94greencamaro
Some girl ran one here and it ran 15s all day hehehehe
People just dont understand that Mustangs suck *** with their small engines and shitty transmissions. I wanted to race her with my bolt on 94 camaro that is 10 years older than hers, and over one second faster. I thought the look of the new mustangs was sorta cool when i first saw it on tv and online, but when you see one in real life they just look like a big plastic piece of ****

"Hello Kettle. I'm Pot. You're black."

Originally Posted by 94greencamaro
People just dont understand that Mustangs suck *** with their small engines and shitty transmissions.
Since when is a T-56 a shitty transmission? My small engine is several seconds faster than your big cube "monster". Step out of the 90's and buy a new car.

Let me guess, you weren't referring to '03 Cobras right? Your hate for Mustangs doesn't include them because they will destroy your turd.

100% bone stock with 75miles on the odometer. Not too bad IMO. What are you running? Let's here about the DA and "corrected" times now.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have driven both 02 z28 and 05 gt stock for stock and the 02 camaro is clearly a better and faster car. The mustang may have nice interior but its still a chick car

Quick Reply: Just saw dyno run for 05 Mustang GT