Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GTR prices and specs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scott hutch
It will sell. Just because of ricers with too much money. Look at the 350z it's grossly underpowered and people love them! My prediction is that every ricer with two fart cans on a 350z will trade in for a skyrhine. And then they will proceed to lose to z06 vettes. end of story
Yeah, but how many actual, true "ricers" have that much coin laying around to spend (or could even qualify to borrow it)??
Old 06-07-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chae
That's exactly what I thought when I read this thread ! That car is just an overpriced ricer's wet dream !

^ Yeah, that's why the R32 - R34 production models have always run circles around several more expensive cars on the 'Ring... I was being very critical of the bold and unlikely estimates for the new GTR in this thread, but the fact remains that it will be a GT FASTER THAN ANY mass-produced American car on a circuit except for the C6 Z06 (waiting on the upcoming Viper's new model) AND faster than MANY European cars that may cost much more... Ricer's wet dream? I guess I'm a ricer then.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Yeah, but how many actual, true "ricers" have that much coin laying around to spend (or could even qualify to borrow it)??
Plenty of "Ricers" with wealthy parents. There are a bunch of Civics and **** around here with $40k to $50k wrapped up in them easy, believe it or not, so I can see them selling some. As for the "$94k for a Datsun" comment, apparently you haven't driven an Infiniti or late model Maxima lately, it's a far cry from a B210. We have a 99 Maxima w/ 88k miles on the clock that is as tight and rattle free as the day we bought it. How many 8 year old 88k mile Vette's could say the same? As for me, I'd take the Z06 over it in a milisecond, but still recognize it as a sweet ride. I think the rear wing looks rediculous, and prob. could have been configured to do the same job and be half as ugly. I read a quote today in someone's sig that cracked me up, and is somewhat appropriate here, "Racing an import is like coming out of the closet....Even if you win, you're still gay"....or something like that. I like it for what it is, and you can look around and see how many Skylines and Supra's are holding big boost and making big HP on stock shortblocks, and it makes it tought to argue their dependability. It wouldn't be my choice for the money tho.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
^ Yeah, that's why the R32 - R34 production models have always run circles around several more expensive cars on the 'Ring... I was being very critical of the bold and unlikely estimates for the new GTR in this thread, but the fact remains that it will be a GT FASTER THAN ANY mass-produced American car on a circuit except for the C6 Z06 (waiting on the upcoming Viper's new model) AND faster than MANY European cars that may cost much more... Ricer's wet dream? I guess I'm a ricer then.
+1

The Skyline has always been due some respect in my book. The king of imports, so to say. In fact, I don't really consider any of the 'good' Japanese GT's to be rice-burners at all, simply for the fact that most ricers don't have the cash to drive them. I'm talking RX-7s, Supras, 3000GT VR4s, Skylines, 300ZX TTs, SC300s, etc. The point is, give respect where respect is due.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no way the GTR can live up to years of afficionado's holding it up to an unreachable status. I drove several GTRs when I was at Nissan's Arizona Test Center in the 90's. I was very disappointed because of the very high expectations not being met. If it was presented as a equal of the Supra, Corvette or Porsche I would have most likely not expected it to have god like qualities.
False rumors and innuendo are just leading up to a let down. The expectation now is for it to beat a formula 1 car around the Nürburgring ring . It's probably worth more to Nissan as a carrot than actually bringing one to market in the US. If they do bring it to the US market and it is not able to beat a Z06, Viper or a Ford GT it will probably have the same 7 year life span as the 300ZX turbo.

I'll stick by my previous statement that the low end GTR will most likely be beat the new Z28 Camaro and the high end GTR will be beaten by the new Z06 at that time.

Last edited by TT632; 06-10-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TT632
There is no way the GTR can live up to years of afficionado's holding it up to an unreachable status. I drove several GTRs when I was at Nissan's Arizona Test Center in the 90's. I was very disappointed because of the very high expections not being met. If it was presented as a equal of the Supra, Corvette or Porsche I would have most likely not expected it to have god like qualities.
False rumors and innuendo are just leading up to a let down. The expectation now is for it to beat a formula 1 car around the Nürburgring ring .

Yeah, that's funny! It's kind of like the "telephone game" all of the little Supra worshipping ricekidzz play with the 2JZGTEs. You know, where they say **** like, "so and so (fill in the name of your fave MKIV tuner) got 2500rwhp out of a STOCK bottom end 2JZ, pushing 50+ lbs. of boost, on 91 octane, with a crappy tune".
Then all the little F***TARDS really start actually believing it and quoting it as gospel!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Overpriced rice.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

it will probably have the same 7 year life span as the 300ZX turbo.
The Z-car has been around for well more than seven years. It will have been produced (not counting 2000-2002 (model years) when none were produced) from the 1969 model year till present.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
The Z-car has been around for well more than seven years. It will have been produced (not counting 2000-2002 (model years) when none were produced) from the 1969 model year till present.
I'm still waiting for a 350Z 2+2.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys are nuts for anything close to $100k I would be building a 427 TT Ultima GTR which no Skyline could touch on the street or track!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
I'm still waiting for a 350Z 2+2.

Thats called the Infiniti G Coupe. It appears Nissan has went back to its roots with the Z-Car and no longer offers a 2+2 variant like with previous Z-Cars. Other then styling the Infiniti G35/G37 Coupes are 95% identical to the Z with nicer interiors/more options etc.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by germeezy1
You guys are nuts for anything close to $100k I would be building a 427 TT Ultima GTR which no Skyline could touch on the street or track!

The GTR EVO will be a much more limited version of the GTR and its possible it may never even make it state side. 90% of the GTRs sold will be in standard and Spec V models which are priced similar to the Z06.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

The Z-car has been around for well more than seven years.
In my opinion the Z hasn't been aound since 1969. That would be the "Chevrolet Camaro Z-28" .

All kidding aside, when I think of a Datsun Z car, I go back to the 70's 240Z. Any thing since then is just carrying on the name. And they (the 240Z's) are still affordable, unlike the first gen Z-28.

Last edited by TT632; 06-13-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know this is heresy, but when I hear someone say, "badass Z!" I think 300ZX automatically...not Z/28. Sorry! I loved the old Nissan Z-cars WAAAAAY before I even cared about cars or the Camaro for that matter. I've wanted a 300ZX since I was like four.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
Thats called the Infiniti G Coupe. It appears Nissan has went back to its roots with the Z-Car and no longer offers a 2+2 variant like with previous Z-Cars. Other then styling the Infiniti G35/G37 Coupes are 95% identical to the Z with nicer interiors/more options etc.
I forgot about the G35! Thanks for reminding me!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

It will sell. Just because of ricers with too much money.
If it sells like the 300 ZX it will only be around for a few years. Quite a few the first year, then diminishing after that. When the performance of the car doesn't live up to the hype it's the only way for it to go. Nissan lost huge amounts of money importing the 300 ZX here. the only reason the current Z car is around is because it is inexpensive, just like the original 240 Z. In the Corvette price range, the market is much more limited. Unfortunatley for Nissan, they have a very small, but very vocal following. They have been burned on the 300ZX and the SER in the 90's by listening to these small but vocal numbers. Both cars were very good, they just didn't sell well in the end.

Last edited by TT632; 06-13-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Other than the 911 and the Corvette there aren't many sports car that have survived for a long time in the mid to upper price range of the market.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it sells like the 300 ZX it will only be around for a few years. Quite a few the first year, then diminishing after that. When the performance of the car doesn't live up to the hype it's the only way for it to go. Nissan lost huge amounts of money importing the 300 ZX here. the only reason the current Z car is around is because it is inexpensive, just like the original 240 Z. In the Corvette price range, the market is much more limited. Unfortunatley for Nissan, they have a very small, but very vocal following. They have been burned on the 300ZX and the SER in the 90's by listening to these small but vocal numbers. Both cars were very good, they just didn't sell well in the end.
But the 300ZX was around for almost fifteen years(seventeen in Japan)? What are you smokin'?lol

Just as a refresher...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_300ZX

Now that I look at the stats on the '83 model, 160 horsepower from a 3.0L SOHC V6 N/A was a smokin' hot engine for the time....
Old 06-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
But the 300ZX was around for almost fifteen years(seventeen in Japan)? What are you smokin'?lol

Just as a refresher...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_300ZX

Now that I look at the stats on the '83 model, 160 horsepower from a 3.0L SOHC V6 N/A was a smokin' hot engine for the time....

The Z31 actually won a few road tests against the C4 in the mid 80s, and of course the Z32 won a few in the 90's.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

"Pontiac's new Trans Sport" ROFL

Quick Reply: GTR prices and specs